Fall/Winter 2021/2022 Backlog Challenge

2 hours ago, skeggah said:

Oh, and I finally burst my Legend of Kay bubble. It takes a while to kill anything on Nightmare difficulty, but that's fine. Made it to Chapter 4!

Good luck with this one! That shouldn't give you too much trouble. So I wish you all the best with it.

I knocked that out at the start of the challenge - and as you are doing the PS3 version like I did, I really hope that you don't run into the pain in the backside glitch where you get to the bomb bridge in one of the later levels, where every time a bomb appears on your screen it instantly freezes the game. It literally crashed my console about twenty times trying to get through that bit.

You might be doing this already.....

...... But, if you want to deal with enemies a little bit quicker on Nightmare difficulty, I recommend doing the rolling stab move that you can do and then transition into like that somersault jumping slam attack that you can do, that does a decent amount of damage, and let's you crowd control enemies. When you get a hammer it's even more helpful, as you'll knock enemies flying and you can usually isolate one of them and damage one or two in quick succession.

Hopefully that might help you a bit, as the game absolutely swamps you with combat and little areas full of boat loads of enemies later on, so using some of those really helped me to stay alive for some of the later levels.

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 4