Fall/Winter 2021/2022 Backlog Challenge

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

Posting my new list Monday or Tuesday, but going to give a small tease of what it'll be with two titles. In spoiler in case you wanna be surprised. ;) 

Hide contents

Dragon Age II

Saints Row the Third (PS3)-2%

I had no idea you were into Dragon Age games! ?

In seriousness though. I'm hoping we're going to get a remastered trilogy like they did with Mass Effect

• Like 2

I'm in.  

1. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - 0%
  2. Life is Strange 2 - 10%
  3. Erica - 0%
  4. Fallout 4 - 0%
  5. Ghost Recon Breakpoint - 0%
  6. 428: Shibuya Scramble - 0%
  7. DQ XI S - 10%
  8. Beyond: Two Souls [PS4] - 4%
  9. Subnautica [PS5] - 0%
  10. Super Motherload [PS4 NA]- 9%
Edited by KimBongUn420
  • Like 4

Im in again, love the long Fall/Winter Event. Hopefully I can get my games done, but everytime its a bit more motivation with this event and the updates.??

Color Code:

Red = Game not started

Orange = Game is in progress

Blue = a new Game was added

Incomplete Games (31/31):

Number | title (trophies at last update | last update % 27a1.png current trophies | current %) - date of completion

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Alex Kidd in Miracle Wold DX (PS5 0/17 = 0%)
  2. Assassin´s Creed Valhalla (PS5 38/71 = 48%)
  3. Bus Simulator (PS4 16/29 = 50%)
  4. Dark Souls II (PS3 9/38 = 15%)
  5. Ether One (PS4 1/13 = 3%)
  6. F1 2021 (PS5 0/51 = 0%)
  7. Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle (PS4 0/54 = 0%)
  8. Gem Smashers (Vita 0/18 = 0%)
  9. Grim Fandango Remastered (PS4 5/48 = 7%)
  10. Hero Express (PS4 0/27 = 0%)
  11. Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (PS4 5/39 = 7%)
  12. Mahjong Royal Towers (PS4 4/13 = 23%)
  13. Mass Effect (PS4 0/35 = 0%)
  14. Mass Effect 2 (PS4 0/45 = 0%)
  15. Mass Effect 3 (PS4 0/39 = 0%)
  16. Mass Effect: Legendary Edition (PS4 0/11 = 0%)
  17. Metro 2033 Redux (PS4 1/50 = 1%)
  18. NCIS Game (PS3 0/27 = 0%)
  19. Need for Speed: Rivals (PS4 8/26 = 14%)
  20. Nextgen Sandbox (PS4 0/26 = 0%)
  21. Outriders (PS5 9/44 = 12%)
  22. Rainswept (PS4 0/14 = 0%)
  23. RogueCube (PS4 0/13 = 0%)
  24. Shape of the World (PS4 6/27 = 10%)
  25. Siegecraft Commander (PS4 0/13 = 0%)
  26. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (PS4 18/60 = 20%)
  27. Subnautica: Below Zero  (PS5 0/14 = 0%)
  28. Thomas Was Alone (Vita 5/15 = 23%)
  29. Top Darts (Vita 7/10 = 33%)
  30. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4 10/50 = 17%)
  31. Vampyr (PS4 1/29 = 1%)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swaps used: 0/5

Swapped games: 

Color Code:

Black = Finished in another Update

Green = Completed in this Update

Games completed (0/31):

Trophies earned (0/806)

Edited by da_eMTy
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, StilRh said:

Yes! I love the long challenge, only thing is the September releases make it hard to focus on my backlog lol. I've tried to keep my list short-ish, 25 games over PS4/PS5 and the Vita. A range of genres like VN, roguelike, TB/action RPG/JRPG, city builder, puzzle and FPS. I'm saving one of my 50% games for halfway through the challenge, I can't decide which game so I may put it to poll later. Also I've carried over a few games from the previous challenge I feel I should complete. I've already seeded some new releases in as Deathloop and Tales seem to be good games based on the previews and I like playing games whilst everyone is excited about unlocking thier secrets and that. I'll likely be adding Elden Ring, Rune Factory 4, BF2024 and anything else that takes my eye in additional waves as the challenge progresses. I'd like to focus on my original games if I can though. Being very ill recently I find gaming to be a big help and so take the challenge as seriously as any other aspirations in my life, but I am going to have to look at things like 'pacing' and balance games very difficult or time consuming games against short and easy ones. At the end of the day, I'll play the games I want to play. I'm also being pressured to apply for a more senior post at work... sooooo will have to see how it all shakes out.

GLHF! :)

My list:

Age of Wonders: Planetfall 40%

Catharine: Full body 10%

Cities: Skylines 5%

Cyberpunk 19%

Deathloop 0%

Hades 21%

Judgement 20%

King’s Bounty 2 5%

Labyrinth Coven of Refrain 0%

Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 10%

Moonlighter 13%

Nier Replicant 31%

Tales of Arise 0%

The Messenger 0%

The Witness 0%

Dangnronpa V3 Killing Harmony 30%

MuvLuv Alternate 0%

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove 12%

Spy Chameleon 11%

Tokyo Xandu 21%

Good list hope you finish them all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lorajet said:

Sign me up

1. Erica 0%

2. Adam's Ventures: Origins 0%

3. Back in 1995 0%

4. Concrete Genie 0%

5. Erica 0%

Added, but you have Erica listed twice. 

3 hours ago, da_eMTy said:

Im in again, love the long Fall/Winter Event. Hopefully I can get my games done, but everytime its a bit more motivation with this event and the updates.1f601.png1f44d.png

Color Code:

Red = Game not started

Orange = Game is in progress

Blue = a new Game was added

Incomplete Games (19/19):

Number | title (trophies at last update | last update % 27a1.png current trophies | current %) - date of completion

1. Alex Kidd in Miracle Wold DX (PS5 0/17 = 0%)
  2. Assassin´s Creed Valhalla (PS5 38/71 = 48%)
  3. Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle (PS4 0/54 = 0%)
  4. Gem Smashers (Vita 0/18 = 0%)
  5. Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (PS4 5/39 = 7%)
  6. Mass Effect (PS4 0/35 = 0%)
  7. Mass Effect 2 (PS4 0/45 = 0%)
  8. Mass Effect 3 (PS4 0/39 = 0%)
  9. Mass Effect: Legendary Edition (PS4 0/11 = 0%)
  10. NCIS Game (PS3 0/27 = 0%)
  11. Need for Speed: Rivals (PS4 8/26 = 14%)
  12. Nextgen Sandbox (PS4 0/26 = 0%)
  13. Outriders (PS5 9/44 = 12%)
  14. Shape of the World (PS4 6/27 = 10%)
  15. Siegecraft Commander (PS4 0/13 = 0%)
  16. Subnautica: Below Zero  (PS5 0/14 = 0%)
  17. Thomas Was Alone (Vita 5/15 = 23%)
  18. Top Darts (Vita 7/10 = 33%)
  19. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy PS4 (10/50 = 17%)

Swaps used: 0/5

Swapped games: 

Color Code:

Black = Finished in another Update

Green = Completed in this Update

Games completed (0/19):

Trophies earned (0/476)

1 hour ago, StilRh said:

Yes! I love the long challenge, only thing is the September releases make it hard to focus on my backlog lol. I've tried to keep my list short-ish, 25 games over PS4/PS5 and the Vita. A range of genres like VN, roguelike, TB/action RPG/JRPG, city builder, puzzle and FPS. I'm saving one of my 50% games for halfway through the challenge, I can't decide which game so I may put it to poll later. Also I've carried over a few games from the previous challenge I feel I should complete. I've already seeded some new releases in as Deathloop and Tales seem to be good games based on the previews and I like playing games whilst everyone is excited about unlocking thier secrets and that. I'll likely be adding Elden Ring, Rune Factory 4, BF2024 and anything else that takes my eye in additional waves as the challenge progresses. I'd like to focus on my original games if I can though. Being very ill recently I find gaming to be a big help and so take the challenge as seriously as any other aspirations in my life, but I am going to have to look at things like 'pacing' and balance games very difficult or time consuming games against short and easy ones. At the end of the day, I'll play the games I want to play. I'm also being pressured to apply for a more senior post at work... sooooo will have to see how it all shakes out.

GLHF! :)

My list:

Age of Wonders: Planetfall 40%

Catharine: Full body 10%

Cities: Skylines 5%

Cyberpunk 19%

Deathloop 0%

Hades 21%

Judgement 20%

King’s Bounty 2 5%

Labyrinth Coven of Refrain 0%

Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 10%

Moonlighter 13%

Nier Replicant 31%

Tales of Arise 0%

The Messenger 0%

The Witness 0%

Dangnronpa V3 Killing Harmony 30%

MuvLuv Alternate 0%

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove 12%

Spy Chameleon 11%

Tokyo Xandu 21%

Added

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kristen Danielle said:

Oh, here's the new one! Yay! What if my backlog only has 3 games that have any chance of being completed within this time frame? I have Dying Light at 55%, Assassin's Creed III at 62%, and Resident Evil Code: Veronica X at 29% available to me.

You can have two games in your list up to 50% and the rest have to be 33% or below. You can also add unreleased games provided they are obtained in the challenge window.

So out of the games you mention - only Code Veronica is eligible. You can add games you plan on getting though. Alot of the games I chose for this challenge aren't even out yet.

Okay, so I think I have figured something out. Here's my list in my planned order.

1) Resident Evil Code: Veronica X for PS4 (29%)

2) Ratchet & Clank for PS3 (0%)

3) Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando for PS3 (0%)

4) Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal for PS3 (0%)

Assassin's Creed III for PS4 (69% AND INELIGIBLE, BUT I'M NOT DOING LIBERATION WITHOUT IT)

5) Assassin's Creed Liberation for PS4 (0%)

Does that work? ?

• Like 4

I'd like to jump in as well.  I was looking at my completed games vs. how many I've played the other day and this seems like an opportunity to put some accountability on myself.  I chose some games with engaging gameplay that range in difficulty across genres.  I'm starting with the minimum since I don't know how the season is going to shape up as far as field exercises and duties this Winter.  If I finish these five, I'll gauge the amount of time it took and how much longer the event is going on for and add some more.

1. Dark Souls II - 50%
  2. Spyro 2 - 19%
  3. Control - 13%
  4. FFVII - 10%
  5. Berserk - 4%
  • Like 2

I totally missed its a long challenge! I will add some extra games: 

1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - 7%

2. Hades - 0%

3. Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020 - 16%

4. Mass Effect Andromeda - 7%

5. The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - 0%

6. Overcooked: all you can eat - 36%

7. Persona 5 Strikers - 7%

8. Doki Doki Literature Club Plus - 0%

Edited by Fanatixa1
  • Like 2

I'm hopping on board with the following games (for now):

The Tenth Line - 8%
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy - 23%
Ara Fell: Enhanced Edition - 0%
Akiba's Beat - 26%
Hungry Giraffe - 28%
Final Fantasy XV - 10%

Some thoughts on each entry:

Spoiler

The Tenth Line

Long story short: started it, progressed some, found out it makes you read a bazillion tutorials, loved it but got distracted by PSNow. No more than 380 owners and 13 platinum achievers as of this moment.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
A game that I had started during the course of a Kill Your Completion community event a while back. I learnt that Prosecutor Edgeworth is hot AF. Beyond that, there is also some investigation and court stuff going on.

Ara Fell: Enhanced Edition 
I had started this as part of the same KYC event as PW but never got far enough into it to earn my first trophy. I remember it as an extremely, utterly beautiful RPGMaker game with incredible attention to detail as far as map design goes, with a nice but admittedly un-exciting battle system and with a plot that was... about... two teenagers on a floating island and somethingsomething. It's a short RPG and I'm looking forward to jumping back into it. 

Akiba's Beat 
It's poppy, it's classy, the character art looks crisp, the battle system is simple, engaging and has strong resemblance to Tales games (which I enjoy) but despite all that, this game's no my cup of tea. Another KYC game. This is going to be my dinosaur in the challenge. 

Hungry Giraffe 
Not a KYC game but trophies I'd earned during the feverish after-effects of my 2nd COVID shot. Now I'm stuck with feeding the monstrous giraffe that’s reaching for the skies - and that’s all there is to the gameplay.

Final Fantasy XV 
This game's been taking up more than 100GB of space on my HDD since November 2018 and there's so much associated with it: a Platinum demo to be played, a 100% prequel-like game to be started, a film that begs to be rewatched once (or twice), first the main game and then DLC to play afterwards and there's a novel that does or does not bring about closure.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fenrirfeather said:

Akiba's Beat 
It's poppy, it's classy, the character art looks crisp, the battle system is simple, engaging and has strong resemblance to Tales games (which I enjoy) but despite all that, this game's no my cup of tea. Another KYC game. This is going to be my dinosaur in the challenge. 

A tip for Akiba's Beat so you don't accidentally make the same mistake I did and have to do another playthrough because I don't think the trophy guide mentions this at all.  When you pick up a quest, do not go further in plot until you have completed it.  There;s one sidequest that is glitched and completes via the main plot too and if that happens you get locked out of a monster entry that is unique and you have to either reload a previous save or replay the whole game again to get it.  Monster entries also don't carry over, so you'd have to also redo the post game dungeon to the end if that glitch happens to you.  Not fun, so just make sure if you're doing quests as they come up to finish them before going further in the plot and you'll be set.

• Like 1

Had a nice summer break and now I'm back for the long challenge! Probably overreaching with 30 games, but some of them are short and easy. Taking another stab at a few games I didn't complete in past challenges, and I also threw in a few crazy ones like Dead by Daylight for a little extra motivation with them. The only game I'm not going for the 100% in is XCOM Enemy Unknown since I don't have the discontinued DLC.

Full Game List

Assassin's Creed II 8%
Curse of the Dead Gods 24%
Dark Souls III 4%
Darksiders 2%
Dead by Daylight + Extra Chapters 1% / 0%
Dead Space 2 14%
Demon's Souls (PS3) 2%
Deus Ex Human Revolution (PS3) 11%
Disco Elysium 0%
Doraemon Story of Seasons 14%
Drakengard 3 3%
Final Fantasy VIII 5%
Final Fantasy XIII 5%
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn (PS4) 11%
Heavy Rain (PS3) 4%
Just Cause 2 4%
Just Cause 4 1%
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII 18%
Metal Gear Survive 45%
Pyre 0%
Quake Remastered 29%
Rayman Legends (PS3) 1%
Resident Evil 7 2% 
Resogun 4%
SaGa Frontier Remastered 7%
Stellaris 1%
Strider 1%
Unravel 10%
XCOM Enemy Unknown 3% (plat only)
Ys IX Monstrum Nox 10%

• Like 3

On 8/4/2021 at 6:23 PM, MidnightDragon said:

xD The last one gave me a chuckle. Added.

On 8/3/2021 at 8:11 PM, LegendExeter said:

Ok I will Join:

All of these are at 0% as I haven't started them yet:

God of War III

God of War Ghost of Sparta

God of War Chains of Olympus

Fat Princess

Infamous - 15% actually

I have to modify this.  I can't get 100% in Fat Princess as I don't know how to file share and get the DLC Fat Roles.

Infamous is actually 24% yet I will exchange FP for Tokyo Jungle.

12 hours ago, Kristen Danielle said:

Okay, so I think I have figured something out. Here's my list in my planned order.

1) Resident Evil Code: Veronica X for PS4 (29%)

2) Ratchet & Clank for PS3 (0%)

3) Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando for PS3 (0%)

4) Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal for PS3 (0%)

Assassin's Creed III for PS4 (69% AND INELIGIBLE, BUT I'M NOT DOING LIBERATION WITHOUT IT)

5) Assassin's Creed Liberation for PS4 (0%)

Does that work? 1f642.png

Yep. Added.

7 hours ago, Bl4ckb1rd92 said:

I'd like to jump in as well.  I was looking at my completed games vs. how many I've played the other day and this seems like an opportunity to put some accountability on myself.  I chose some games with engaging gameplay that range in difficulty across genres.  I'm starting with the minimum since I don't know how the season is going to shape up as far as field exercises and duties this Winter.  If I finish these five, I'll gauge the amount of time it took and how much longer the event is going on for and add some more.

1. Dark Souls II - 50%
  2. Spyro 2 - 19%
  3. Control - 13%
  4. FFVII - 10%
  5. Berserk - 4%

4 hours ago, Fanatixa1 said:

I totally missed its a long challenge! I will add some extra games: 

1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - 7%

2. Hades - 0%

3. Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020 - 16%

4. Mass Effect Andromeda - 7%

5. The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - 0%

6. Overcooked: all you can eat - 36%

7. Persona 5 Strikers - 7%

8. Doki Doki Literature Club Plus - 0%

3 hours ago, Fenrirfeather said:

I'm hopping on board with the following games (for now):

The Tenth Line - 8%
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy - 23%
Ara Fell: Enhanced Edition - 0%
Akiba's Beat - 26%
Hungry Giraffe - 28%
Final Fantasy XV - 10%

Some thoughts on each entry:

Reveal hidden contents

The Tenth Line

Long story short: started it, progressed some, found out it makes you read a bazillion tutorials, loved it but got distracted by PSNow. No more than 380 owners and 13 platinum achievers as of this moment.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
A game that I had started during the course of a Kill Your Completion community event a while back. I learnt that Prosecutor Edgeworth is hot AF. Beyond that, there is also some investigation and court stuff going on.

Ara Fell: Enhanced Edition 
I had started this as part of the same KYC event as PW but never got far enough into it to earn my first trophy. I remember it as an extremely, utterly beautiful RPGMaker game with incredible attention to detail as far as map design goes, with a nice but admittedly un-exciting battle system and with a plot that was... about... two teenagers on a floating island and somethingsomething. It's a short RPG and I'm looking forward to jumping back into it. 

Akiba's Beat 

Hungry Giraffe 
Not a KYC game but trophies I'd earned during the feverish after-effects of my 2nd COVID shot. Now I'm stuck with feeding the monstrous giraffe that’s reaching for the skies - and that’s all there is to the gameplay.

Final Fantasy XV 
This game's been taking up more than 100GB of space on my HDD since November 2018 and there's so much associated with it: a Platinum demo to be played, a 100% prequel-like game to be started, a film that begs to be rewatched once (or twice), first the main game and then DLC to play afterwards and there's a novel that does or does not bring about closure.

51 minutes ago, Static_Rook said:

Had a nice summer break and now I'm back for the long challenge! Probably overreaching with 30 games, but some of them are short and easy. Taking another stab at a few games I didn't complete in past challenges, and I also threw in a few crazy ones like Dead by Daylight for a little extra motivation with them. The only game I'm not going for the 100% in is XCOM Enemy Unknown since I don't have the discontinued DLC.

Full Game List

Assassin's Creed II 8%
Curse of the Dead Gods 24%
Dark Souls III 4%
Darksiders 2%
Dead by Daylight + Extra Chapters 1% / 0%
Dead Space 2 14%
Demon's Souls (PS3) 2%
Deus Ex Human Revolution (PS3) 11%
Disco Elysium 0%
Doraemon Story of Seasons 14%
Drakengard 3 3%
Final Fantasy VIII 5%
Final Fantasy XIII 5%
Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn (PS4) 11%
Heavy Rain (PS3) 4%
Just Cause 2 4%
Just Cause 4 1%
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII 18%
Metal Gear Survive 45%
Pyre 0%
Quake Remastered 29%
Rayman Legends (PS3) 1%
Resident Evil 7 2% 
Resogun 4%
SaGa Frontier Remastered 7%
Stellaris 1%
Strider 1%
Unravel 10%
XCOM Enemy Unknown 3% (plat only)
Ys IX Monstrum Nox 10%

Added. 

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

A tip for Akiba's Beat so you don't accidentally make the same mistake I did and have to do another playthrough because I don't think the trophy guide mentions this at all.  When you pick up a quest, do not go further in plot until you have completed it.  There;s one sidequest that is glitched and completes via the main plot too and if that happens you get locked out of a monster entry that is unique and you have to either reload a previous save or replay the whole game again to get it.  Monster entries also don't carry over, so you'd have to also redo the post game dungeon to the end if that glitch happens to you.  Not fun, so just make sure if you're doing quests as they come up to finish them before going further in the plot and you'll be set.

You have to tell that to the one who make guide or make new thread about this tips so people don't get misguided

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GrantVernonHart said:

You have to tell that to the one who make guide or make new thread about this tips so people don't get misguided

There's a comment from 2018 and a thread from 2017 that mention it (the commentor provided the link as well).  Guide creator never updated the guide to include that info and indicates the trophy isn't missable.  Sadly it's not uncommon for that to happen with older guides for less popular games.