Fall/Winter 2021/2022 Backlog Challenge

9 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I've played a bit over the years here and there and just am determined to finish it finally by the end of this year.  It's very much like a Harvest Moon or Ateiler game.  Lots of crafting and doing random stuff but it's pretty generous since you don't have a time limit to complete stuff and just mess around to build up money or go fishing or generally goof off to your heart's content and not lock yourself out of the plat.  Perfectly fine game if you enjoy those sorts and a nice chill experience overall since you don't have the pressure of deadlines.  In fact it's so low key and chill that sometimes I get sleepy if I play it too long.

I was really gutted this wasnt on EU PS Now as I don't have a PS3 any more. There is meant to be Rune Factory 4 release on playstation 4 this winter/fall though. Enjoy a great game :)

2 hours ago, KimBongUn420 said:

[adding a new one] Ys IX: Monstrum Nox.  Really excited to get this one done - I bought Ys VIII on a whim in the middle of last year and it ended up being one of my favorite JRPGs.  Also, Ys VIII was worth playing for the soundtrack alone.  Hoping IX's is just as good.

I absolutely love Ys VIII! While I did enjoy IX, it wasn't as good to me but Ys VIII was just so perfect, it was hard to top. IX is absolutely worth playing!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

You'll hear mixed opinions on this one because the fandom is definitely split on which is better VIII or IX.  Both are good games and it seems to boil down to which style a person likes better.  I personally liked IX better than VIII, but a big part of that is that IX's cast is great and I love the darker setting.  The gameplay is a huge improvement and you'll have a blast with the Monstrum Gifts, that's for sure.  Gliding and running up walls is a lot of fun and you'll definitely have to think about how you get all those chests for the plat.

I personally find Ys 8 better due to the story(I find it’s more grim then Ys9 actually) cast. Setting, and epically music.

Gameplay is possibly better then 8, but at times the Adventure gear felt more rewarding when it came to exploration and idk movement felt better in combat in 8 too.

9s story is ok but it didn’t really pick up till chapter 5(when the game is nearly over) 

But combat is still solid and the munstrum powers are fun to to explore with.

Also I ldk if it’s just me but ys9 felt very ToCS in places, same devs I know, but it just makes Ys9 feel less like it’s own thing at times.

just all my opinion of course.

Btw I like to say sorry to everyone in here if I don’t actively post in the topic for a little bit Im trying to finish up Sine Mora Ex and Cold Steel 2 before I commit to the event. 

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Heather342 said:

Update 1

But not really an update for this challenge, as I haven't actually started any games on my list yet 1f605.png. But I did spend the week clearing a game that has been on my backlog for a while, but the percentage was too high to include in the challenge officially. Managed to finish up World of Final Fantasy, I did enjoy this game, but the grind at the end was a bit tedious. 

Plans for Week 2 - play through the stand alone Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry game.

Happy hunting everyone 1f601.png

1 hour ago, StilRh said:

Hi all. Update time. This week has been fairly productive though I've not focused on a single title and have been playing Aliens Fireteam on the side. I have spent the most time with Coven of Dusk. It's an excellent DRPG and with characters, story and music/art design that hooks you only like NISA games can. I also completed a few vanilla campaign missions in AOW, started a city in Cities, got half-way through the game on a fresh save in Shovel Knight and got about a third of the way through the Messenger's trophy list.

This week I want to finish the Messenger and complete the vanilla AOW campaign. I'll likely be playing Fireteams on the side and when Tales releases I'll of course be all over that. Outside of gaming, I've returned to work and have two interviews (2 different wards are offering me a senior nurse position, heh) but I hope to have plenty of play time. Have a great week!

Reveal hidden contents

Age of Wonders: Planetfall 40% > 44%

Catharine: Full body 10%

Cities: Skylines 5% > 9%

Cyberpunk 19%

Deathloop 0%

Hades 21%

Judgement 20%

King’s Bounty 2 5% > 8%

Labyrinth Coven of Refrain 0% > 24%

Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 10%

Moonlighter 13%

Nier Replicant 31%

Tales of Arise 0%

The Messenger 0% > 29%

The Witness 0%

Dangnronpa V3 Killing Harmony 30%

MuvLuv Alternate 0%

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove 12% > 13%

Spy Chameleon 11%

Tokyo Xandu 21%

You guys must be busy; don't worry take your time because I'm still struggle playing El shaddai and I'm probably do a swap if i can't get those games platinum ?(that game is really hard to me because its been while i don't play hack and slash and beat em up genre for long time)

Edited by GrantVernonHart
  • Like 3

On 9/3/2021 at 3:03 PM, barmyfollower89 said:

Eh, I'll give this a go. I've never done an event before, maybe I'll add some more at a later date.

Marvel's Spider-Man (no DLC) - 50% -> 54%

Wolfenstein: The New Order - 8% -> 12%

LEGO Harry Potter Collection: Years 5-7 - 11%

The Forest -  10%

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - 2%

Spider-Man: Miles Morales - 5%

And I'll try to do

Zombie Army Trilogy - 2%

Final Fantasy VII - 27%

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch 2%

On 9/3/2021 at 11:11 PM, RoastedPeanut said:

I'd love to jump in and knock out some backlog over the next few months. I'm going to atdd 15 games to start. I'll be splitting them evenly between my PS3, PS4, and Vita. Whenever I complete a game I'll add another one from the same platform

1. Mary Skelter: Nightmares (Vita) - 0% (0/34)

2. Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (Vita) - 0% (0/49)

3. One More Dungeon (Vita) - 1% (1/16)

4. Dragon Quest Builders (Vita) - 3% (2/20)

5. SteamWorld Heist (Vita) - 0% (0/47)

6. Alice: Madness Returns (PS3) - 46% (31/51)

7. Duke Nukem Forever (PS3) - 31% (24/63)

8. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS3) - 0% (0/46)

9. Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3) - 10% (7/34)

10. Dead Space (PS3) - 16% (11/49)

11. Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection (PS4) - 28% (14/32)

12. Hollow Knight (PS4) - 0% (0/35)

13. Sonic Colors: Ultimate (PS4) - 0% (0/47)

14. Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - 0% (0/79)

15. Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends & the Secret Fairy (PS4) - 1% (1/49)

Total Trophies: 91/651

Swaps Used: 0/5

Added now

On 9/2/2021 at 0:49 PM, BlackSquirrell1 said:

A little bit late, but here is my list...

1. Queen's Quest 3: The End of Dawn (7%)
2. Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas (25%)
3. Cat Quest (36%)
4. Detroit: Become Human (10%)
5. Fez (23%)

Added. Sorry for the delay. This past week has been pretty screwed up.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 2