The Stardew Valley Trophy Guide has been updated

SquidGeneral10

3 minutes ago, anbukakashi1994 said:

Is there a way to get the arcade machine to your house? (the one for fector's challenge, i hate having to wait outside the diner until lunchtime)

Yep! You just need to beat it once, then on the day after you'll get a home version in the mail that you can play whenever. 

• Like 1

Did Fector’s challenge solo on the vita last September. Boy that mini-game was sure a test of patience and perseverance ?. Glad to see that they added coop to this marvelous game. Hopefully coop makes it a bit easier for folks to earn this tricky trophy ? thank you for updating the guide ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, vanillamoose said:

Did Fector’s challenge solo on the vita last September. Boy that mini-game was sure a test of patience and perseverance 1f605.png. Glad to see that they added coop to this marvelous game. Hopefully coop makes it a bit easier for folks to earn this tricky trophy 1f3c6.png thank you for updating the guide 1f60a.png

Unfortunately I don't think it will ? not unless your co-op partner beats it normally for you, since that'd give you a home version. Now I think about it, that might not be a bad idea for anyone struggling ?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was convinced that this feature wasn't in the PS4 version for aaages, but turns out I missed it somehow - the game does track the items you have and haven't crafted.

Go to Options and tick 'Show Advanced Crafting Information', and the game will tell you the number of each item you've crafted when you're in the crafting menu. Especially useful when you think you've crafted everything but may have only missed one, like I did.

Guide has been updated to explain this, too.

Hope this helps, happy crafting :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

So if I understand this right, co-op has no negative impacts for trophies? My friends have been bugging me for years to play this lol

I wouldn't say none - a few examples I can think of off the top of my head: 

• The cooking trophy becomes harder, as the TV show that gives you recipes may show ones you don't need but your partner does. In single player, it will only show ones you are missing.
  • You'll need to craft an extra item for the craft all items trophy, and it's one with a pretty chunky recipe (wedding ring, needs 5 iridium bars)
  • You can keep players' money balances separate, but combining them will let the other player spend your money on anything, anytime.
  • If you both want to marry a certain NPC but they put on a ring on it first, you'll just have to sadly groove to Beyoncé and marry someone else.

That's all I can think of for now. AFAIK you won't get locked out of any trophies in co-op but it'd be best to skim around the internet first to see if I'm wrong.

41 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Great job Squid, it’s clear you guys put a ton of work into the guide so thank you! When I get around to tackling this one I know I’m going to be relying on it quite a bit. 1f609.png

thanks diesel, I hope it helps you out ?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

'Ello, me again - this is just a quick update, but was pointed out by @smsyx and I wanted to share it here, too.

Protector of the Valley, the trophy for completing all the monster slayer goals in the adventuring guild, is buggy.

Before you panic, it's not that bad - you just need to be careful about the order you're completing the slayer goals.

Basically, if you complete the Magma Sprite slayer goal last, the trophy will not unlock. You'd need to start a new save file and let one of the other slayer goals be the last one you complete to unlock the trophy. To my knowledge, it's only leaving these guys til last that causes the glitch - the last goal I completed before unlocking the trophy was the one for Pepper Rex monsters, and I had no problems.

The annoying thing is that magma sprites are one of the last monsters you'll encounter through regular gameplay - you need to unlock Ginger Island and access the volcano dungeon to find them in the first place, and then you need to kill 150 of the lil' bastards, giving you plenty of time to kill everything in the desert dungeon first like I almost did. So be careful, it's an easy glitch to stumble into!

The guide has also been updated and the trophy has been tagged as buggy. Cheers!

Edited by SquidGeneral10
extra information & fixed typo
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...