Be careful with Story Mode, it locks you out of trophiess

13 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Guess you missed the big warning about it disabling accolades on the page where you can turn that mode on

ezgif-2-cb57514eb91fxijdx.gif

I was kinda hoping that message just meant that Story Mode would skip the optional accolades.

But that's my fault haha

At least I know that it still works if you load a save file where you haven't activated it.

4 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

Guess you missed the big warning about it disabling accolades on the page where you can turn that mode on

Good news is that Auto mode DOES NOT disable accolades / trophies. So if you use that mode instead you can still avoid having to press X through all the text

You could just hold O though

2 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

You could, but the main advantage of auto mode in a VN is that you can set the controller down and just read.

Well I meant more in context if you want to speed through dialogue since O essentially skips through everything

1 hour ago, majob said:

Well I meant more in context if you want to speed through dialogue since O essentially skips through everything

Well, sure. But if you’re doing that in your first play thru of an Ace Attorney game you might as well not bother playing it at all.

1 hour ago, BGriff1986 said:

Well, sure. But if you’re doing that in your first play thru of an Ace Attorney game you might as well not bother playing it at all.

Well you do have to do two playthroughs so unless you want to read everything again the second time around...

Edited by majob

3 hours ago, majob said:

Well you do have to do two playthroughs so unless you want to read everything again the second time around...

That's BS.  The game can be finished in one playthrough.  I'm only 4 trophies away from the plat and there's nothing I have left that would require another playthrough.  There are missable trophies, but nothing requiring multiple playthroughs.

3 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

You do? Looked like it was a list that could be done in one

You don't.  That poster clearly has no clue what they are talking about, not a surprise when they also don't have the plat yet and aren't even close.  1 playthrough of both games is all you need unless you miss a missable and there's chapter select if  you miss any of those or any parts of Ace of Spades or Herlockian.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

The game can be finished in one playthrough.  I'm only 4 trophies away from the plat and there's nothing I have left that would require another playthrough.  There are missable trophies, but nothing requiring multiple playthroughs.

Thanks for confirming. That’s exactly what I was expecting to be the case :) 

5 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I just went by the playing the game in all available outfits trophy, no need to go off on a tangent and the game is available on multiple platforms so it's poor form to assume how much I know about the game based off the amount of trophies I have for the PS4 version.

Edited by majob

5 hours ago, majob said:

I just went by the playing the game in all available outfits trophy, no need to go off on a tangent and the game is available on multiple platforms so it's poor form to assume how much I know about the game based off the amount of trophies I have for the PS4 version.

And giving out incorrect information about a game is so much better?  I'm familiar with the other platforms.  The Steam version has the same conditions for unlocking the achievements and the Switch version only has the in game accolades.  What is clear is that you don't know the unlock conditions and there is even a guide on Steam that covers that one here.  In fact, a bunch of the missables are covered except the last few in the second game since the writer appears to be at the end of case 3 in the second game.  Probably will be finished soon enough though.

And I can tell you from personal experience that you don't even need to finish the first game to get that trophy, but if you haven't finished the first game it would be a good idea to close out of the game after it pops to avoid possible spoilers. 

2 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

And giving out incorrect information about a game is so much better?  I'm familiar with the other platforms.  The Steam version has the same conditions for unlocking the achievements and the Switch version only has the in game accolades.  What is clear is that you don't know the unlock conditions and there is even a guide on Steam that covers that one here.  In fact, a bunch of the missables are covered except the last few in the second game since the writer appears to be at the end of case 3 in the second game.  Probably will be finished soon enough though.

And I can tell you from personal experience that you don't even need to finish the first game to get that trophy, but if you haven't finished the first game it would be a good idea to close out of the game after it pops to avoid possible spoilers. 

I was rubbed the wrong way by the assumption about how much I knew about the game as I primarily play the Switch version, where I'm currently on the second game. I didn't know that the trophy didn't require a second playthrough I just assumed that based on the description and I thank you for the correction.