Megaman80

GT6 vs GT5 100% comparison difficult wise

23 posts in this topic

Im wondering how difficult GT6 is to 100% compared with GT5.

I have 100% in GT5, and i tried out GT6 with the dlc, and those gold times were brutal. How much effort will it take to get it. Are they as tough as the grand tour of GT5 or even as the redbull. Not sure i can handle the torture of going trough that again. 

I never managed to get the plat for GT5, unfortunately above my skill level. GT6 was a lot easier. The plat wasn’t a problem at all. The DLC was the hardest part but as I managed it eventually I would say you would find it a walk in the park.

By the way I used a controller for both games.

12 minutes ago, Megaman80 said:

Im wondering how difficult GT6 is to 100% compared with GT5.

I have 100% in GT5, and i tried out GT6 with the dlc, and those gold times were brutal. How much effort will it take to get it. Are they as tough as the grand tour of GT5 or even as the redbull. Not sure i can handle the torture of going trough that again. 

If you managed to plat GT5 then GT6 will look like a gentle breeze to you. The only actually difficult trophy is indeed the one relating to the Ayrton Senna DLC, but it’s really far from being as insanely hard as the Vettel Challenge from GT5…

Thanks, i got some silver times, but some of the challenges seemed very tough due to the cars handling. I think that was the 3rd challenge.

would it be ok to use TC at default, (5)?

GT6 is definitely easier and not as long as GT5.  Adjust setups accordingly.  I was able to gold everything without tweaking things too much.

The good thing is the DLC comes with an update you download when you load up the game for the first time, according to what others have told me.

GT6's platinum was child's play compared to GT5

1 hour ago, zero7uk_ said:

GT6's platinum was child's play compared to GT5

I know that the platinum is a cake waly compared to GT5, but its the 100% im conserned about

I've heard GT6 is a lot easier than GT5, but the real question I'd like an answer to is how hard GTSport is compared to GT5

13 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

I've heard GT6 is a lot easier than GT5, but the real question I'd like an answer to is how hard GTSport is compared to GT5

GT Sport is easy, just verrrryyyyyyy time consuming due to XP grind :/ 

18 minutes ago, seblegamer said:

GT Sport is easy, just verrrryyyyyyy time consuming due to XP grind :/ 

Easy? I would have thought the wins and poles would at least be challenging to an extent.

15 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Easy? I would have thought the wins and poles would at least be challenging to an extent.

The poles and wins are not too bad, but you can at most play 3 races per hour, and you will not win all of then. Also GTSports is very fun. The lap times are also nice, a few that eere a bit challanging, such as nurburgring, wich eas my first gold, after getting it everything became much easier. The amg in GT5 is 10x harder.

xp grind can be done in a few weeks with rubber band trick. But you can eadily do 50 to 100 hours of online races.

the trick to online is to star at lower rank on purpose, but people are very good even there, usually there aleays are a few people who race in lowest ranks that does not belong there

How's handling and AI in GT6? Shift 2 left a sour taste in both of those aspects. Otherwise track racing is fun imo.

29 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

The plat in GT Sport is only a hell of a grind. I did both plats and GT5 is much harder then Sport. For GT5 you need an insanely high skill level if you do it with Controller.

Posted (edited)

I used controller for both gt5 and gts, and gt5 was 10/10 for me, used 7 years to complete it. Gave up twice, but couldnt stop thinking about it, but i dont want to go trough that again. Wipeout hd was 9/10 for me, but i found it also much easier then gt5.

also gts with controller is very doable, although in the higher ranks most people use steeringwheels and its impossible to keep up…

Edited by Megaman80

47 minutes ago, johncnstntn__ said:

How's handling and AI in GT6? Shift 2 left a sour taste in both of those aspects. Otherwise track racing is fun imo.

Handling is basically the same as GT5. AI is laughable though.

As someone who didn't even get close to the Vettel challenge golds, the Senna DLC is definitely possible. Imo, the last 2 are the hardest, the other two are pretty simple.

Posted (edited)

Vettel Challenges in GT5 is like 9/10 and Senna in GT6 are more like 5/10, although I'm playing on wheel. I spent like 3 days of constant playing Vettel Challenges and the Senna ones I made in one sitting.

GT Sport is really hard to platinum if someone can't make good times, also winning races is very time consuming, sometimes you can win few in a row and sometimes you can't get into top 10. I think GT Sport will be easier once GT7 will be released, because everyone will be playing that one. Key to make it little easier is to stick to the low rating, lower the better. But now everyone does that so it's still one big RNG to connect into easier lobby. Also, always check what cars are using top drivers and use them too (in Gr3 and Gr3 races).

Edited by Patrickosan

GT6 is a joke compared, play the base game licenses on patch 1.00 to gold and then update to the latest so you can get the Senna stuff. Turn TC down on the Formula 3000 challenge. Leave it at 4 or something on the 98T challenges and just learn to control the car. It's easier if you use manual.

If i have to rank the difficulty of platinum between GT5, GT6 and GT Sport then GT6 would be a total piece of cake in comparison to GT5 or even GT Sports in some regards.

From easiest to the hardest rank wise:

GT6<<<<<<<<<<<GT Sport<<<<<<<<<GT5

Aside from maybe Senna Challenge and that Special License #5 with the Bugatti, the rest should be pretty easy if not a total joke. Thankfully, there's no online trophies or huge tedious level grinding to deal with unlike GT5 & GT Sport. Though there's still the Autobahn distance travel trophy to deal with but it's no biggie.

Tl;dr if you managed to get platinum in GT5 or GT Sport then GT6 should be easy.

3 hours ago, willmill97 said:

They can be.  As long as you win 1/3 races and make poll around 1/4 tries, you'll be fine.  You have to complete a lot of races anyway, and you'll get the trophies with those ratios.

1 minute ago, grimydawg___ said:

They can be.  As long as you win 1/3 races and make poll around 1/4 tries, you'll be fine.  You have to complete a lot of races anyway, and you'll get the trophies with those ratios.

Cos you've got, no chance, no chance in hell of me getting wins that consistently but one can try!

1 minute ago, willmill97 said:

Cos you've got, no chance, no chance in hell of me getting wins that consistently but one can try!

The trick is to stay in lower rank so you play against lower players

If you see you are not going to win a race, just stop driving and finish in last place

You still have to do 322 races, for "only" 91 wins and 65 poles

Try to play on monday (when new tracks are set), practice to get a fast time in qualification (for pole position and obviously it's easier to win when you start in first place .. even if you need to avoid the destruction derby fans X_x) 

To know how to do well in a race, check the current best times for the event, you can see the run of the best player, which is a great help to know where to break ... and where not to ! ;)

6 hours ago, seblegamer said:

If you see you are not going to win a race, just stop driving and finish in last place

Try to play on monday (when new tracks are set), practice to get a fast time in qualification (for pole position and obviously it's easier to win when you start in first place .. even if you need to avoid the destruction derby fans X_x) 

To know how to do well in a race, check the current best times for the event, you can see the run of the best player, which is a great help to know where to break ... and where not to ! ;)

6 hours ago, seblegamer said:

What i did, was to rack up like 40 wing in the week of my favorite track nurburgring norsleife, and the good thing there is that the noobs cannot catch up since its a very skillbased track, so i won like 3 of 4 racec and got shitloads of poles.