GT6 vs GT5 100% comparison difficult wise

Megaman80

Im wondering how difficult GT6 is to 100% compared with GT5.

I have 100% in GT5, and i tried out GT6 with the dlc, and those gold times were brutal. How much effort will it take to get it. Are they as tough as the grand tour of GT5 or even as the redbull. Not sure i can handle the torture of going trough that again. 

I never managed to get the plat for GT5, unfortunately above my skill level. GT6 was a lot easier. The plat wasn’t a problem at all. The DLC was the hardest part but as I managed it eventually I would say you would find it a walk in the park.

By the way I used a controller for both games.

12 minutes ago, Megaman80 said:

Im wondering how difficult GT6 is to 100% compared with GT5.

I have 100% in GT5, and i tried out GT6 with the dlc, and those gold times were brutal. How much effort will it take to get it. Are they as tough as the grand tour of GT5 or even as the redbull. Not sure i can handle the torture of going trough that again. 

If you managed to plat GT5 then GT6 will look like a gentle breeze to you. The only actually difficult trophy is indeed the one relating to the Ayrton Senna DLC, but it’s really far from being as insanely hard as the Vettel Challenge from GT5…

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Easy? I would have thought the wins and poles would at least be challenging to an extent.

The poles and wins are not too bad, but you can at most play 3 races per hour, and you will not win all of then. Also GTSports is very fun. The lap times are also nice, a few that eere a bit challanging, such as nurburgring, wich eas my first gold, after getting it everything became much easier. The amg in GT5 is 10x harder.

xp grind can be done in a few weeks with rubber band trick. But you can eadily do 50 to 100 hours of online races.

the trick to online is to star at lower rank on purpose, but people are very good even there, usually there aleays are a few people who race in lowest ranks that does not belong there

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Easy? I would have thought the wins and poles would at least be challenging to an extent.

The plat in GT Sport is only a hell of a grind. I did both plats and GT5 is much harder then Sport. For GT5 you need an insanely high skill level if you do it with Controller.

I used controller for both gt5 and gts, and gt5 was 10/10 for me, used 7 years to complete it. Gave up twice, but couldnt stop thinking about it, but i dont want to go trough that again. Wipeout hd was 9/10 for me, but i found it also much easier then gt5.

also gts with controller is very doable, although in the higher ranks most people use steeringwheels and its impossible to keep up…

Edited by Megaman80

47 minutes ago, johncnstntn__ said:

How's handling and AI in GT6? Shift 2 left a sour taste in both of those aspects. Otherwise track racing is fun imo.

Handling is basically the same as GT5. AI is laughable though.

As someone who didn't even get close to the Vettel challenge golds, the Senna DLC is definitely possible. Imo, the last 2 are the hardest, the other two are pretty simple.

Vettel Challenges in GT5 is like 9/10 and Senna in GT6 are more like 5/10, although I'm playing on wheel. I spent like 3 days of constant playing Vettel Challenges and the Senna ones I made in one sitting.

GT Sport is really hard to platinum if someone can't make good times, also winning races is very time consuming, sometimes you can win few in a row and sometimes you can't get into top 10. I think GT Sport will be easier once GT7 will be released, because everyone will be playing that one. Key to make it little easier is to stick to the low rating, lower the better. But now everyone does that so it's still one big RNG to connect into easier lobby. Also, always check what cars are using top drivers and use them too (in Gr3 and Gr3 races).

Edited by Patrickosan

If i have to rank the difficulty of platinum between GT5, GT6 and GT Sport then GT6 would be a total piece of cake in comparison to GT5 or even GT Sports in some regards.

From easiest to the hardest rank wise:

GT6<<<<<<<<<<<GT Sport<<<<<<<<<GT5

Aside from maybe Senna Challenge and that Special License #5 with the Bugatti, the rest should be pretty easy if not a total joke. Thankfully, there's no online trophies or huge tedious level grinding to deal with unlike GT5 & GT Sport. Though there's still the Autobahn distance travel trophy to deal with but it's no biggie.

Tl;dr if you managed to get platinum in GT5 or GT Sport then GT6 should be easy.

3 hours ago, willmill97 said:

They can be.  As long as you win 1/3 races and make poll around 1/4 tries, you'll be fine.  You have to complete a lot of races anyway, and you'll get the trophies with those ratios.

1 minute ago, grimydawg___ said:

They can be.  As long as you win 1/3 races and make poll around 1/4 tries, you'll be fine.  You have to complete a lot of races anyway, and you'll get the trophies with those ratios.

Cos you've got, no chance, no chance in hell of me getting wins that consistently but one can try!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, willmill97 said:

Cos you've got, no chance, no chance in hell of me getting wins that consistently but one can try!

The trick is to stay in lower rank so you play against lower players

If you see you are not going to win a race, just stop driving and finish in last place

You still have to do 322 races, for "only" 91 wins and 65 poles

Try to play on monday (when new tracks are set), practice to get a fast time in qualification (for pole position and obviously it's easier to win when you start in first place .. even if you need to avoid the destruction derby fans X_x) 

To know how to do well in a race, check the current best times for the event, you can see the run of the best player, which is a great help to know where to break ... and where not to ! ;)

6 hours ago, seblegamer said:

If you see you are not going to win a race, just stop driving and finish in last place

Try to play on monday (when new tracks are set), practice to get a fast time in qualification (for pole position and obviously it's easier to win when you start in first place .. even if you need to avoid the destruction derby fans X_x) 

To know how to do well in a race, check the current best times for the event, you can see the run of the best player, which is a great help to know where to break ... and where not to ! ;)

6 hours ago, seblegamer said:

What i did, was to rack up like 40 wing in the week of my favorite track nurburgring norsleife, and the good thing there is that the noobs cannot catch up since its a very skillbased track, so i won like 3 of 4 racec and got shitloads of poles.

• 9 months later...

I need to speak out here, because I think too many people here who are Gran Turismo veterans all regard Gran Turismo 6 as very easy in contrast to the others in the franchise with trophy support.

I'm sort of the odd man out, because I never played any Gran Turismo game although I remember friends playing the series on the PlayStation 2 back in the day.

This is a solid game. Good controls, lots of depth in adjusting how your car is fine tuned, settings to make your driving experience easier or harder, over 1000 vehicles that hold historical significance, the list goes on. Gran Turismo is literally the oldest PlayStation franchise that I'm aware of that is still going strong. That's a real feat of accomplishment, and the guys over in Japan who are keeping Gran Turismo alive deserve respect.

The reason I bought this was because I wanted to try out this racing franchise for myself and all of the others in the series were either too difficult (Gran Turismo 5) or too time consuming (Gran Turismo Sport and Gran Turismo 7). Plus, my internet isn't the best, and I don't exactly like to play endless hours grinding online trophies especially if I'm not having fun with them.

Despite what some people here think, this is not an easy game to platinum for newcomers like myself. A number of these threads both here on PSNP and over at the PST.org forums are full of people saying this is by far the easiest to platinum. That's probably true, but the vast majority of those people were practically Gran Turismo veterans who have stuck with the series since the PS1, PS2 days. I've been stuck on the S license tests for a couple days now, which is perfectly normal, they are a real test of your actual skill with driving. However, there is no real purpose to buy a driving wheel off of Amazon or eBay specifically for this game unless you're a serious racing car gamer in which case you're probably already invested thousands of hours into this series.

I can see myself spending 10 - 12 hours on one or two Senna Tribute events, as those time requirements for gold are extremely tight and legitimately difficult to earn. The S license tests aren't nearly as bad, but I've already been scratching my head over S license test #4 and #5, both easily the hardest in the set.

There are also luck based trophies like going into the final race of a championship in third place or lower, emerging as champion..... and the trophy for winning a race with the guy in second place +0.01 seconds behind you. Despite spending hours on both I haven't gotten either trophy.

YouTube guides are probably your best friend if you're new to the Gran Turismo franchise like myself and you need help. I don't think the S license tests and those awfully difficult Senna Tribute events really require a wheel, but you definitely have to be quite skilled at precision which a lot of people don't have.

I counted around 5,557 trophy accounts with all the trophies in Gran Turismo 6, and there's several thousand people who never got the silver trophy for earning gold in all Senna Tribute events. There is a massive drop off in trophy rarity between earning your S rank license and earning the gold awards in every S rank license test. So that already means this is not an easy game to platinum.

I would definitely pick out several other racing games that are much easier than this if you're just a casual dude who wants to play a racing title here and there. Getting 100% trophies in both DriveClub and DriveClub Bikes is one of my proudest achievements... and I know I will eventually get all the trophies in Gran Turismo 6. It just won't be easy, and it will be challenging.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Necesito hablar aquí, porque creo que demasiadas personas aquí que son veteranos de Gran Turismo consideran que Gran Turismo 6 es muy fácil en contraste con los otros en la franquicia con soporte de trofeos.

Soy un poco extraño, porque nunca jugué ningún juego de Gran Turismo, aunque recuerdo a amigos que jugaron la serie en PlayStation 2 en el pasado.

Este es un juego sólido. Buenos controles, mucha profundidad en el ajuste de la puesta a punto de su automóvil, configuraciones para hacer que su experiencia de conducción sea más fácil o más difícil, más de 1000 vehículos que tienen un significado histórico, y la lista continúa. Gran Turismo es, literalmente, la franquicia de PlayStation más antigua que yo sepa y que todavía se mantiene fuerte. Eso es un verdadero logro, y los chicos de Japón que mantienen vivo a Gran Turismo merecen respeto.

La razón por la que compré esto fue porque quería probar esta franquicia de carreras por mí mismo y todas las demás en la serie eran demasiado difíciles (Gran Turismo 5) o consumían demasiado tiempo (Gran Turismo Sport y Gran Turismo 7). Además, mi Internet no es el mejor, y no me gusta jugar interminables horas ganando trofeos en línea, especialmente si no me estoy divirtiendo con ellos.

A pesar de lo que algunas personas piensan aquí, este no es un juego fácil de platino para los recién llegados como yo. Varios de estos hilos, tanto aquí en PSNP como en los foros de PST.org, están llenos de personas que dicen que este es, con mucho, el más fácil de platino. Probablemente sea cierto, pero la gran mayoría de esas personas eran prácticamente veteranos de Gran Turismo que se han quedado con la serie desde los días de PS1, PS2. He estado atascado en las pruebas de la licencia S durante un par de días, lo cual es perfectamente normal, son una prueba real de tu habilidad real para conducir. Sin embargo, no hay un propósito real para comprar un volante de Amazon o eBay específicamente para este juego, a menos que seas un jugador serio de autos de carreras, en cuyo caso probablemente ya hayas invertido miles de horas en esta serie.

Puedo verme dedicando de 10 a 12 horas en uno o dos eventos de Senna Tribute, ya que esos requisitos de tiempo para el oro son extremadamente ajustados y legítimamente difíciles de ganar. Las pruebas de licencia S no son tan malas, pero ya me he estado rascando la cabeza con las pruebas de licencia S n.° 4 y n.° 5, ambas fácilmente las más difíciles del conjunto.

También hay trofeos basados en la suerte, como entrar en la carrera final de un campeonato en tercer lugar o menos, emerger como campeón... y el trofeo por ganar una carrera con el chico en segundo lugar a menos de 0,01 segundos de ti. A pesar de pasar horas en ambos no he conseguido ningún trofeo.

Las guías de YouTube son probablemente tu mejor amigo si eres nuevo en la franquicia de Gran Turismo como yo y necesitas ayuda. No creo que las pruebas de licencia S y esos terriblemente difíciles eventos de Senna Tribute realmente requieran una rueda, pero definitivamente tienes que ser bastante hábil con la precisión que mucha gente no tiene.

Conté alrededor de 5557 cuentas de trofeos con todos los trofeos en Gran Turismo 6, y hay varios miles de personas que nunca obtuvieron el trofeo de plata por ganar oro en todos los eventos de Senna Tribute. Hay una caída masiva en la rareza de los trofeos entre obtener su licencia de rango S y ganar los premios de oro en cada prueba de licencia de rango S. Eso ya significa que este no es un juego fácil de platino.

Definitivamente elegiría varios otros juegos de carreras que son mucho más fáciles que este si solo eres un tipo casual que quiere jugar un título de carreras aquí y allá. Conseguir el 100 % de trofeos tanto en DriveClub como en DriveClub Bikes es uno de los logros de los que más me enorgullezco... y sé que al final conseguiré todos los trofeos en Gran Turismo 6. Simplemente no será fácil y será todo un reto.

Senna is 9/10