GT6 vs GT5 100% comparison difficult wise

Megaman80

11 hours ago, Bagwell69 said:

Senna is 9/10

So senna is GT5 all over again then? I know the GT6 platinum is most likely as doable as GT7 platinum (where im only missing the two legendary cars coming this and next week). Im very sceptical of going trough the Senna challenges and the annoyance that will bring on a worn out ps3 controller, unless the new ps plus service has GT6 in its collection to play on the PS5.

17 hours ago, Megaman80 said:

Entonces, ¿senna es GT5 de nuevo? Sé que el platino GT6 es probablemente tan factible como el platino GT7 (donde solo me faltan los dos autos legendarios que vienen esta semana y la próxima). Soy muy escéptico de pasar por los desafíos de Senna y la molestia que traerá un controlador de ps3 desgastado, a menos que el nuevo servicio ps plus tenga GT6 en su colección para jugar en la PS5.

Senna for me with dualshock 3 is 9/10, Gt5 for me is 10/10

It's been a while since I played both games but GT6 is far easier than GT5. Leaving the grind aside in GT5 and focusing only on the difficulty outright, yeah, GT5 is the much more difficult game here overall. There are a ton of events in that game with very, very strict time requirements. A good chunk of the license tests, the Nascar challenges, the AMG races, the Grand Tour special events, the motherfuckin' Sebastian Vettel Red Bull X challenge. The game is really hard on the times it asks the player to complete. Many of them require hours to complete with a gold trophy for the uninitiated in this type of racing games.

GT6, on the other hand, is much easier by comparison. Sure, if it's your first type playing a sim-like or simcade racing game, then yeah, it takes a while to adapt to how to drive properly in these games. They certainly aren't as pick up n' play friendly as other arcade racers out there. However, the time requirements for most of the events in GT6, I still found them to be a cakewalk. If I remember right, only 2 or 3 of the events for the S License I remember being a bit hard. Everything else was a breeze to complete. This talking about the base game, though. The Ayrton Senna DLC kicks up things a bit from the base game, with at least 2 events there kinda reaching GT5 levels of difficulty, but that's about it.

So yeah, that's how I would compare them at least. GT5 also had easy events, but overall, it had a much higher quantity of events that demanded precision driving and multiple retries from the player to master whatever car or track they gave you at the time. GT6 is the much better game in terms of quality but it is also much easier compared to its predecessor, with many of its events not always reaching the same peaks GT5 often had. So far I've only played these two games in the series, but I look forward to trying the rest of the games at some point. ^_^

As for whether if gamepad or steering wheel is better, you can honestly use both of them. I started playing with a gamepad and was able to complete most of the events this way. The steering wheel gives you a bit more range with your inputs, both with braking, acceleration, and steering itself, but above that, it just feels cooler. If getting one is too pricey for you or you just don't have enough room for one, the gamepad is perfectly serviceable too. :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

It's been a while since I played both games but GT6 is far easier than GT5. Leaving the grind aside in GT5 and focusing only on the difficulty outright, yeah, GT5 is the much more difficult game here overall. There are a ton of events in that game with very, very strict time requirements. A good chunk of the license tests, the Nascar challenges, the AMG races, the Grand Tour special events, the motherfuckin' Sebastian Vettel Red Bull X challenge. The game is really hard on the times it asks the player to complete. Many of them require hours to complete with a gold trophy for the uninitiated in this type of racing games.

GT6, on the other hand, is much easier by comparison. Sure, if it's your first type playing a sim-like or simcade racing game, then yeah, it takes a while to adapt to how to drive properly in these games. They certainly aren't as pick up n' play friendly as other arcade racers out there. However, the time requirements for most of the events in GT6, I still found them to be a cakewalk. If I remember right, only 2 or 3 of the events for the S License I remember being a bit hard. Everything else was a breeze to complete. This talking about the base game, though. The Ayrton Senna DLC kicks up things a bit from the base game, with at least 2 events there kinda reaching GT5 levels of difficulty, but that's about it.

So yeah, that's how I would compare them at least. GT5 also had easy events, but overall, it had a much higher quantity of events that demanded precision driving and multiple retries from the player to master whatever car or track they gave you at the time. GT6 is the much better game in terms of quality but it is also much easier compared to its predecessor, with many of its events not always reaching the same peaks GT5 often had. So far I've only played these two games in the series, but I look forward to trying the rest of the games at some point. ^_^

As for whether if gamepad or steering wheel is better, you can honestly use both of them. I started playing with a gamepad and was able to complete most of the events this way. The steering wheel gives you a bit more range with your inputs, both with braking, acceleration, and steering itself, but above that, it just feels cooler. If getting one is too pricey for you or you just don't have enough room for one, the gamepad is perfectly serviceable too. :D

The last two S License tests are complete dogshit. I'm tempted to just revert to version 1.00 once I earn the Autobarmy trophy and the trophy for winning a race with less than 1 percent of your fuel remaining. Those time requirements on version 1.00 are significantly more generous. I already reached the gold time for version 1.00 on S License test #5. 2:14:000 is just too difficult what with the goddamn French car literally being a tank that is very difficult to control and handle. S License test #4 has a vehicle that is more float and maneuverable, but still is slippery.

The only saving grace of the Ayrton Senna DLC is the vehicles themselves being far more maneuverable, you're not slipping all over the goddamn place as much as the stupid Bugatti Veyron. Clearly not designed for race tracks, top speed doesn't matter since it cannot accelerate and it just slips too often. I found that out the hard way when I was going for the 1 percent fuel trophy. Better to buy a F1 race car that is far easier to control on the tracks. 

Also, I made the mistake of thinking Gran Turismo 6 is the same as DriveClub. It's not. DriveClub is technicaly an arcade racing game, a little more akin to Need for Speed than Gran Turismo. Forza is also a bit more arcade like, had fun with those games when I was with Xbox.

This is where if you don't know the Gran Turismo fanbase and community, and this is your first time playing a GT game, you are going to be in for a rough landing. It's almost like the Soulsborne games, you don't know how to play well, you can't parry, and the community just tells you to "Git Gud".

I left Demon's Souls and Dark Souls for several months, and looking at how overly difficult these S License tests are for me, I think I'm just going to have to spend 30 mins - 1 hour each day for the Ayrton Senna DLC until it finally comes up.

46 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

The last two S License tests are complete dogshit. I'm tempted to just revert to version 1.00 once I earn the Autobarmy trophy and the trophy for winning a race with less than 1 percent of your fuel remaining. Those time requirements on version 1.00 are significantly more generous. I already reached the gold time for version 1.00 on S License test #5. 2:14:000 is just too difficult what with the goddamn French car literally being a tank that is very difficult to control and handle. S License test #4 has a vehicle that is more float and maneuverable, but still is slippery.

The only saving grace of the Ayrton Senna DLC is the vehicles themselves being far more maneuverable, you're not slipping all over the goddamn place as much as the stupid Bugatti Veyron. Clearly not designed for race tracks, top speed doesn't matter since it cannot accelerate and it just slips too often. I found that out the hard way when I was going for the 1 percent fuel trophy. Better to buy a F1 race car that is far easier to control on the tracks. 

Also, I made the mistake of thinking Gran Turismo 6 is the same as DriveClub. It's not. DriveClub is technicaly an arcade racing game, a little more akin to Need for Speed than Gran Turismo. Forza is also a bit more arcade like, had fun with those games when I was with Xbox.

This is where if you don't know the Gran Turismo fanbase and community, and this is your first time playing a GT game, you are going to be in for a rough landing. It's almost like the Soulsborne games, you don't know how to play well, you can't parry, and the community just tells you to "Git Gud".

I left Demon's Souls and Dark Souls for several months, and looking at how overly difficult these S License tests are for me, I think I'm just going to have to spend 30 mins - 1 hour each day for the Ayrton Senna DLC until it finally comes up.

Don't downgrade - git gud. 

They will take some practise but all those license times are doable. BTW, I saw your post the other day saying this is easier than 5, sport and 7. I'd say 7 is the easiest of the bunch to be honest. In terms of difficulty and the grind time. But again, just my opinion. Difficulty is subjective to everyone. 

2 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

Don't downgrade - git gud. 

They will take some practise but all those license times are doable. BTW, I saw your post the other day saying this is easier than 5, sport and 7. I'd say 7 is the easiest of the bunch to be honest. In terms of difficulty and the grind time. But again, just my opinion. Difficulty is subjective to everyone. 

Very frustrating though. I had to just vent there, probably better than to scream into a livestream if I were a Twitch or YouTube livestreamer.

The fourth Ayrton Senna DLC I hear is by far the hardest, so we'll see how that fares.

On 20/5/2022 at 2:34 AM, AJ_Radio said:

They are.

I had no idea reverting to a prior version was easier. Never imagined the times would be more generous in earlier versions of the game. That's interesting.

I remember I also struggled with those two S License tests a fair bit. The Bugatti one was probably the hardest one, as taking that extremely heavy, powerful vehicle on such a corner-heavy track was a challenge in itself. It is very prone to sliding its tail after turns, especially If you throttle it way too hard. Also, remember the Veyron weighs almost 2 tonnes, so you need to slow down a lot beforehand on each turn to be able to effectively course the vehicle into the many corners this track has. The game is pretty much trying to teach you the weaknesses of one of the fastest cars on the road in a straight line. The Veyron is all brawn, zero agility. Yet that's part of the challenge, the time requirement is hard but it can be done. Took me a couple of tries until I finally got it done.

S License Test #4 I think it was with a Lambo, can't remember the model. This car had great acceleration and was far nimbler than the Veyron, the problem is that it is also very happy to slip its tail a lot on turns. For the track on this one, I remember cutting corners on the second half of the track helped a lot in shaving off seconds of my time. Also, the last corner before the finish line is particularly long and a bit misleading due to the elevation angle. Be careful of not spinning out here.

I drove manual, cockpit view, and never messed with any of the default settings in the game.

But yeah, while not a 100% sim, GT6 is far more simulation than all of the NFS games I've played. It does take a while to learn its intricacies, so I can see someone that hasn't experienced a sim racer before having a tough time with it the first time playing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, n1c0live said:

The Gold medal time requirement on the 4th Senna event was really tight for me, I probably spent like 2 hours on it. 
I’m curious if GT5 offers the same level of difficulty in all of the events. I’ve heard Vettel challenges are very hard, along with some S license events, cause I don’t see myself spending 2 hours on every gold medal. 
I’m not a “veteran” or “elite” Gran Turismo player, I don’t even use a wheel. I enjoy playing these games because of the challenge that they offer.

Is Gran Turismo 5 really that bad? 
Gran Turismo 7 is definitely the easiest platinum of the series, GT6 should come next and GT Sport could be considered the hardest one before GT5 because of the 91 online wins and 65 pole positions, they are simply impossible to get for some players.

I never played Gran Turismo 5, but it’s unobtainable because of two online trophies.

On 21.5.2022 at 8:00 PM, n1c0live said:

The Gold medal time requirement on the 4th Senna event was really tight for me, I probably spent like 2 hours on it. 
I’m curious if GT5 offers the same level of difficulty in all of the events. I’ve heard Vettel challenges are very hard, along with some S license events, cause I don’t see myself spending 2 hours on every gold medal. 
I’m not a “veteran” or “elite” Gran Turismo player, I don’t even use a wheel. I enjoy playing these games because of the challenge that they offer.

Is Gran Turismo 5 really that bad? 
Gran Turismo 7 is definitely the easiest platinum of the series, GT6 should come next and GT Sport could be considered the hardest one before GT5 because of the 91 online wins and 65 pole positions, they are simply impossible to get for some players.

I can assure you that GT5 is by far the hardest of the bunch. Vettel still gets me a bad taste in my mouth. GT5 also has a lambo and a other bullshit race that i found quite annoying(some players say the grand tour is worse then the vettel maybe due to an awfull handling of the car) ando one of the amg races are very hard with the time of like 7 minutes or so. All the licenses are a cacewalk compared to these.

i still have my ps3 and a copy of GT6, but my controllers are pretty worn out so its really difficult to play, i almost golded the second tract for gt6 dlc, but i didnt commit. Maybe i will do a descent try at a later time

• Like 1