Is cross play working yet?

Joker-Kun890

Hey all, 

I haven't played Genshin in awhile but want to get back into it. 

I read with update 2.0 they finally implemented cross play / save for playstation with other platforms. 

Is it working yet and would it be possible to carry over trophies (like Final Fantasy 14 for example.) 

I've been stuck working on the PC alot lately so it would be cool if it does. 

Yes, cross-platform save is now available on PS4/PS5, which means you can play with the same save across all devices as long as you link your PS4/PS5 account to a brand new MiHoYo account. There are some caveats, like exclusive PlayStation items not being fully effective on other platforms and you can't buy and use Genesis Crystals outside of PlayStation to name a few.
I recommend reading the whole FAQ here: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/12389

^^^Just to be clear, you do this if you want to play outside of PlayStation's ecosystem (i.e. PC and Mobile). There is already an automatic cross-save between PS4 and PS5 so you don't need a MiHoYo account for that. 

Cross-play, on the other hand, has been a thing since the game's launch. That's not new. 

As for the trophies, it's all tied to your in-game achievements. So, once you earn them on one platform, just login on the other and open your Main Menu. Trophies should then auto-pop.

Edited by DragonSpear2462
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

Yes, cross-platform save is now available on PS4/PS5, which means you can play with the same save across all devices as long as you link your PS4/PS5 account to a brand new MiHoYo account. There are some caveats, like exclusive PlayStation items not being fully effective on other platforms and you can't buy and use Genesis Crystals outside of PlayStation to name a few.
I recommend reading the whole FAQ here: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/12389

Cross-play, on the other hand, has been a thing since the game's launch. That's not new. 

As for the trophies, it's all tied to your in-game achievements. So, once you earn them on one platform, just login on the other and open your Main Menu. Trophies should then auto-pop.

Thank you for such a thorough answer. I'll read the FAQ now. 

And yeah, I'm not sure why I said cross play. ?

• Like 1