Trophy Thoughts?

48 minutes ago, breakingthegreen said:

Any battle royale game that isn't free to play is nearly always destined to die, even though it's on PS Plus, I don't reckon it'll have a long shelf life at all, certainly not compared to other Battle Royales on PS Plus like Fall Guys and Worms Rumble.

So, I reckon that this Plat you're probably going to have to rush.

Battle royale -- does that mean like Fortnite/last man standing type structure? Like the Japanese novel from the 90s? 

8 minutes ago, droppingtherock said:

Battle royale -- does that mean like Fortnite/last man standing type structure? Like the Japanese novel from the 90s? 

Yes, it's a BR like most of the big ones you can name except it has a constant PVE element mixed in with the PVP so it's more like Hunt: Showdown than Fortnite, PUBG or Warzone.

The longest trophy to get will be to gain 2,000 levels over your entire career. In your average match that's about ten minutes you should be hitting around level 20. So roughly 100 matches for that which should be roughly 20 hours give or take. based on the luck of getting other things done (like the wins in solos/trios), this should be a fairly quick plat.

Anyone worried about the health of the game should know this game bombed so hard that they shut it down on PC for a year just to port it to PS4/5 to try and give it a second wind. They're only launching the PS5 version for free on PS+ which we all saw what happened to Destruction AllStars; too small install base and not enough people to care.

Last decent BR was Apex. Seems to be the only one that actually can keep a decent population of players. Unless Splitgate kills it. (Which honestly Splitgate will probably die first)

I have no time for another grind fest for a multiplayer game. This game will just turn into Fall Guys or Destruction All-Stars. Gonna die extremely fast.

Edited by SKiL_Clash
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mcnichoj said:

Yes, it's a BR like most of the big ones you can name except it has a constant PVE element mixed in with the PVP so it's more like Hunt: Showdown than Fortnite, PUBG or Warzone.

The longest trophy to get will be to gain 2,000 levels over your entire career. In your average match that's about ten minutes you should be hitting around level 20. So roughly 100 matches for that which should be roughly 20 hours give or take. based on the luck of getting other things done (like the wins in solos/trios), this should be a fairly quick plat.

Anyone worried about the health of the game should know this game bombed so hard that they shut it down on PC for a year just to port it to PS4/5 to try and give it a second wind. They're only launching the PS5 version for free on PS+ which we all saw what happened to Destruction AllStars; too small install base and not enough people to care.

PS4 game is also free for PS Plus.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Klart said:

PS4 game is also free for PS Plus.

Is it? The pattern thus far has been two PS4 games and a PS5 game go PS+ and they did it a few times now where you only get the PS5 version IIRC.

I know that PvZN and Tennis are both definitely only PS4 games.

15 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Is it? The pattern thus far has been two PS4 games and a PS5 game go PS+ and they did it a few times now where you only get the PS5 version IIRC.

I know that PvZN and Tennis are both definitely only PS4 games.

They have clearly stated it on the PS blog: https://blog.playstation.com/2021/07/28/playstation-plus-games-for-august-hunters-arena-legends-plants-vs-zombies-battle-for-neighborville-tennis-world-tour-2/

6 hours ago, johamburgers said:

Always sad to see failed multiplayer games get thrown on PS + as a last-ditch effort to make some extra cash before they inevitably die off again within a month or two. I'll try it, but I don't have high hopes it's going to last long enough for me to get the platinum.

100% agreed. I really hope this  cancerous Battle Royal bullshit trend will die out one day. I am fucking tired of all these useless cashcow games.  All these hip wanna be games like this one here. It's a joke. Always glad to see that the servers are completely empty within month. Maybe it's a good sign.

6 hours ago, SKiL_Clash said:

Last decent BR was Apex. Seems to be the only one that actually can keep a decent population of players. Unless Splitgate kills it. (Which honestly Splitgate will probably die first)

I have no time for another grind fest for a multiplayer game. This game will just turn into Fall Guys or Destruction All-Stars. Gonna die extremely fast.

Let's see if it informs you, Splitgate is not a BR.

• Like 2

I can't see this game getting played for more than a few weeks, like other mp games that release on plus. getting the plat will get harder as people stop playing. I have no interest in this game to begin with but a trophy list that feels like it needs to be done asap just defeats the purpose.