Thoughts on the game?

Why developers have such small fonts in their games is beyond me, I have a hard time reading some rather small text fonts can't imagine playing this without having a migraine and I already wear thick ass glasses and that doesn't seem to help, watched my BF play it and everything was really middle of the road and kinda meh, can't see this getting far.

Edited by Sunnyburrito
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, tired-hippo said:

The controls are terrible, I often get stun locked, working out how to leave a match was way harder than it needed to be. I wonder what kind of deal Was cut with Sony to make this the PS5 plus game of the month.

We got both versions. PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5. Right as soon as they announced what type of game this is my hype for the game diminished and now how badly the game runs has made me stop the download of both versions.

Yeah pretty much agree with OP's assessment. I went in curious about the game and I think the concept could still be good, but this iteration is awful. Controls are bad, combat feels bad, interface feels unfinished, framerates are bad. I'd say "I'll keep checking back as they work on it" but it's a year old game, so I think most of those issues would have been touched on long long ago if they were going to at all.

Feels dead on arrival for me.

• Like 1

I was really down to play something like this, but this is just horrible. The game is a stun-lock fiesta, with terrible animations and hitboxes. This is literally the clunkiest game I've ever played and it's supposed to be competitive, lol. Imagine if dark souls or something like that, was as clunky as this. The combat looks like it's in slow motion. I'm actually mad, because I really wanted to play something like this, but done right, let's hope Naraka: Bladepoint is at least decent...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, johamburgers said:

These are my first impressions after playing 1 round of the game, which is all I could stomach. The frame rate is terrible (I'm on PS4 Pro) to the point where the game is practically unplayable, the visuals are muddy and ugly, the text is nearly impossible to read without sitting right in front of the TV (why do console games do this?). The controls are convoluted and confusing. I can see why this game died the first time, and why it's soon going to die a second time. At least I stopped playing before I unlocked a trophy. Good lord.

Would love to hear what others think as well.

21 hours ago, Katt said:

Thanks for the warning. Small text is a massive red flag for me.

21 hours ago, HellcoreFire said:

This has been one of my biggest gripes for years now Luckily there's a zoom function even if it can be a small annoyance sometimes.

This is a huge gripe for me too.  I am glad I am not alone.

I have great vision, 20/20 last I checked, but often have difficulty reading text in games as I sit a good 10 feet away from my 65” TV.

It is like the developers only play test games on monitors right in front of their faces.  It makes no sense for the text to be so small.  There are a lot of console players on home theater setups with large TVs some distance away.

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DerelictSoul said:

I must be playing a different game than everyone above me lol

If I remember correctly, you play a lot of BR's and free ones too. You're cut out for this, and this isn't most people's style. BR gets a lot of hate because it's just simply different and harder to win than 99% of other games. And it's a port so, you know, people will hate more. 

I'm definitely going to plat this whether it's a little dodgy or not. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Riiszk said:

If I remember correctly, you play a lot of BR's and free ones too. You're cut out for this, and this isn't most people's style. BR gets a lot of hate because it's just simply different and harder to win than 99% of other games. And it's a port so, you know, people will hate more. 

I'm definitely going to plat this whether it's a little dodgy or not. 

I don't really see anyone here complaining that the game is too difficult or not for them, it's mostly that the game is a technical mess and that the gameplay is flawed.

5 hours ago, DerelictSoul said:

I must be playing a different game than everyone above me lol

That's interesting, I'd love to hear your opinions on the game! 

• Like 1