Having trouble with chapter select

I’m have just finished a blind walkthrough and am now going through the magazines and remaining trophies I missed for the pacifist run I am going for magazine 41 so I loaded up the chapter “fugitives and replayed it so I could stay in the car instead of the sqat that I stayed in, in my first play through. I then went to start the chapter “on the run” to make sure I avoided the cops so magazine 41 would be available in zlatko but it only let me start from the sqat even though I set it to save my options. I even tried playing the chapter before and see if it then started me in the car but again I was in the sqat.

does anyone know why it doesn’t save and put me in the car or do I have to play from fugitives again?

Chapter select doesn't work that way in this game, you have to pick a chapter then replay the game from that point onwards, else none of your storyline changes will take effect and the desired collectibles won't spawn. A blind playthrough is a bad idea for this game, because it will cause a lot of problems later on and increase the number of playthroughs you have to do for the Plat. Here's a detailed walkthrough showing were all the triggers are for the collectibles: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/301305-detroit-become-human-~-platinum-walkthrough/

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.