Can you play this solo?

MidnightDragon

18 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Is co-op required or is this doable solo?

Its not required, but gets hard as shit solo. I wouldn't say impossible on survival mode since you can adjust difficulty and map size, but it will still be tedious and rough as the days pass. 

For trophies sake you will need to rez at least 1 player which is easy throughout the later days when fighting the giants together.  

I've been playing since launch and have found plenty of decent random. The key is using a mic and understanding what to do with your first few days when playing coop. 

Also, if you are going for the plat its an insane grind since you have to get your profile level to 50. That will take many many games. 

Edited by RoxasOnFire
  • Like 1

Solo is only hard until you get a grasp on what you're doing, then it's not nearly as bad. I've killed Fenrir in a group and solo and I'd say the solo felt easier because you control the pace and order for how you do things. However with a group of friends the fun factor goes way up.

Game is a blast. ?

I completed Saga Solo no problem. Survival however, that's another story. I made it to day 56 Solo and a Jotunn spawned. I went to fight it and found It had over 300,000 health and I did less than half the damage I normally do. I gave up on that point because it was getting to close to the village. I'm not saying it's impossible solo but it's definitely easier in a group.

1 hour ago, Hiscklif said:

i like to play it solo, the other player in matchmake don't help you in constructing farm or mine

if you have some friends its better.

Yeah, I've noticed that. From what I've seen, most people who play in a group are still playing as a solo player instead of team player.

• 3 months later...
On 04/08/2021 at 6:34 AM, Hiscklif said:

i like to play it solo, the other player in matchmake don't help you in constructing farm or mine

if you have some friends its better.

how does the game work with friends? Me and a buddy like to play co-op games together but also get the plat together. Do both players get trophies regardless of whether they are the host or not?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
14 minutes ago, whittle181 said:

How are some trophies possible to be done solo but all trophies in the guide are listed as 'online required.'?

You can't play offline, that's why. You're playing on their dedicated servers (even soloing).

• Like 1