How many trophies did you have before you got your first platinum?

FFATMA

No 63 on Resident Evil 5.

Kind of a shame as I signed up to PSN to buy Noby Noby boy so RE5 has missing time stamps for some of the earlier trophies.

Never even knew what trophies were back then, let alone the requirement to sign up to PSN to have clock syncing stuff.

• Like 2

My first platinum was Final Fantasy X-2 at trophy #125. I didn't seriously get into trophy hunting until sometime in 2018 I think. However, when Square released the HD remasters of FFX and X-2's international edition on PS3 I had to play it. X-2 is my third favorite Final Fantasy to this date and I wasn't even aiming for the platinum I was just doing everything that the game had to offer. Had a blast with the game again with all the new content.

• Like 2

My first platinum, God of War III, is my trophy #186. The cool part is that the second one, Final Fantasy XIII, is less than 10 trophies apart: it is trophy number 193. 

I started early on, those were some of my first games. Every time before turning off the PS3 I would look at the trophies stats and those missing trophies would drive me crazy (I collected achievements in WoW before). But at the start I still did not have my two rules: platinum what I play, and playing only one game at a time. 

• Like 2

My first plat was on Gravity Rush for PS Vita at trophy #83.  I had just made the switch from Xbox 360/One to Playstation and had the goal of trophy hunting after several games I had on my Xbox profile became unable to finish.  Lots of great games have kept me in the PS side of things, lol.

• Like 2

It has to be around 400-500 trophies, at the time I had no online or interest in platinium trophies whatsover during the early days of the PS3, it was only once I bought Burnout Paradise and managing to get tons of trophies without efffort ( a very easy trophy list) I decided to give it a go and was such a very fullfilling feeling to see the shiny plat popping up. 

• Like 1

My first Platinum was trophy #315~. Hello Neighbor. 4 year gap from first trophy to first plat. Used a different PSN account for PS4, so the actual first trophy to plat gap is more like 10 years...because I didn't get any plats on PS3. Didn't even try for em because I didn't understand why I would play a game to death just for a shiny sticker....that was then...I long for those days. 

• Like 1

576 it seems. I didn't really care about trophies at all until around early 2013, when I thought about attempting my first plat (Assassin's Creed 2). Needless to say, I enjoyed it enough then I started taking trophies a bit more seriously, and have earned many, many more platinums since then.

I still wouldn't consider myself a hardcore trophy hunter though, I don't usually bother with games that are gonna take too long and/or be too frustrating to plat, not unless I'm really enjoying 'em. And I've found myself playing more games in recent years that don't have any trophies (or achievements) at all, since I neglected my backlogs for other systems while I was busy focusing mostly on PS3 and onwards games. There's tons of games I wish I could earn plats for though, if only they had them (mostly Nintendo and PS1/PS2 games).

• Like 2