How many trophies did you have before you got your first platinum?

FFATMA

My first plat was my 40th trophy, Katamari Forever. I was mainly a X360 player that gen, so I'd been a chieve hunter for years and knew plats would be a thing for me early on. Granted, I didn't expect I'd end up plat hunting like I have?

Side note, 11 years on, maybe I should go back and finish Cross Edge. My first trophy being from a game I didn't plat is bugging me now.?

• Like 1

Earlier than I realized but so much of my early PS3 play was on games that had no trophies (Guitar Hero 3 and 4, NFS Carbon, NHL 2K7, Fight Night Round 3, NCAA Football ‘08, etc.)

L5a1b93.png

Edited by djb5f

I started with Uncharted: Drake's Fortune when it got the trophy patch. I had already gotten all of the in-game achievements that tracked to the trophies more than once, so getting the platinum was natural for me. Went straight through that trophy list and got the platinum. Since that game has 48 trophies, including the platinum, I had 47 trophies before I got my first :platinum:.

Played a few other games here and there but didn't get another platinum until a little over a year later, when I got the platinum in Uncharted 2. That was really the game that got me started on serious trophy hunting, because I was so determined to get all of the multiplayer trophies that I joined a boosting session for the first time to get my last two trophies. From there, I was off and running - got 19 platinums that first year...

Edited by ONUOsFan
  • Like 3

First platinum trophy was obtained almost five years ago. That was trophy number 466. Second platinum was trophy number 508. Then 510 and 517. I have 163 platinum trophies as of today, but I've only managed to obtain 18 platinum trophy for the past two years due to lack of time available.

My first ZcTuBo0.png was Demon’s Souls and according to my trophy log it was trophy #302.

Story time for anyone interested: It’s kind of funny how I got started. The only reason I actually went for the platinum was because the month I started Demon’s Souls, there was a notice when you fired up the game that the servers would be closing in a few weeks from that point.

At some point I went on Reddit to look up some info or talk to other players or whatever, and I noticed a large number of people were discussing trying to grab the platinum trophy before it became unobtainable. I had absolutely zero care for trophies at that point in time but for some reason the utter finality of the server shutdown made me feel like I should try to grab it too while I could.

Despite not caring about trophies at all, I found myself not liking the idea of being locked out of the platinum forever. So I challenged myself to try and get all the trophies and a few weeks later I had my very first platinum trophy. Demon’s Souls was a pretty tough and complicated game, so when I saw that final trophy unlock I was overcome with a nice rush of dopamine and a real fulfilling sense of satisfaction at what I’d managed to accomplish. And that was all it took - I was HOOKED.

It’s funny because you can see how addicted I got to trophies after that first experience going for a platinum. ? It took me about a year to earn those first 300 trophies as I just casually played some RPGs and BF4, but after earning my first platinum my activity spikes up like crazy as I started to actively hunt trophies. I haven’t looked back since!

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 2

I wanted to get trophies as soon as I heard about the update and I remember struggling to get my first platinum. Sadly, my first 680 or so trophies do not have a timestamp so I honestly don't know what my first platinum was let alone what number it was. That said this site says Dragon Age Origins was the first one and given how much I loved that game that suits me just fine because it was definitely one of my first platinums and probably one of the most I enjoyed unlocking. 

Actually surprised it was that late I got my first platinum

#151 South Park Stick of Truth back in 2018

guess that was around the time I started hunting for trophies for good too… and around the time I actually started to use my PlayStation again when I got my PS4 

Edited by Tathie_Tath