How many trophies did you have before you got your first platinum?

FFATMA

On 8/5/2021 at 8:18 PM, Pray_4_the_End said:

My first platinum was Grim Fandango Remastered 5 years ago and was was trophy #660 for me. Used to play that game on my shitty home pc WAY back in the day, platted it for the nostalgia factor.  

Heyyyy!!  We are pretty close!  I had #661 trophies before my first platinum popped, which was for Just Cause 2.  Such a fun game!

• Like 1

I had approximately 432 trophies before I earned my first platinum, which is Assassin's Creed II. I simply was not a trophy hunter when I made my account. I played thru the entire story of Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire back in early 2013. Primarily I was a PC gamer, I played Old School Runescape and other games which took up the bulk of my time.

Sleeping Dogs, God of War, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Uncharted I basically played for fun. With Assassin's Creed II I figured why not go for the platinum? And I finally did.

After that I went after the God of War games, and from there I decided to play games to completion.

My first platinum was my 36th trophy (God of War III). I have a habit of rarely ever starting a new game before finishing the old one, so I just played the game until completion - and that, of course, includes the trophies.

• Like 1

My first was #76 Tales of Vesperia PS3. May 19, 2010

I bought my PS3 in December 2009, mostly because I had just started working and wanted to play FF13, and had no idea what trophies were. Somehow, the first game I ended up getting was an imported Japanese copy of Tales of Vesperia. My first trophy popped during the first boss fight and I was like, wtf was that???  With little else to play (I finished FF13 and didn't like it that much...), I decided to get all the trophies in ToV and ended up with the platinum after ~200 hours.

• 2 weeks later...

My first game was Tales of Vesperia on PS3 which I got the platinum for as well. That game has 54 trophies, so I would have 52 before I got it, as my last trophy and the platinum pop up at the same time. 

I had an old account before this and my first game was FF13 which i also got the platinum, so that would be 34 trophies as the game has 36 in total. 

• Like 1

Excellent question. I had earned 243 trophies before my Unravel :platinum: platinum. The time between my 1st and 243rd trophy was Mar 24. 2014 - Apr. 16 2016. Given the fact I never even bothered touching them until that very mid-April, not terrible for 2 years worth of effort. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/4/2021 at 3:32 PM, snakebit10 said:

My first platinum was trophy #248 and it was The Godfather II in 2010.

Hey Snakebit10, I played it and platinumed it a fortnight ago. Honestly I really enjoyed it, enough so to buy the first game for the 360.

• Like 1