Ghost of Tsushima: new “Rivals” game mode (Sept. 3)

NetoStyle

On 22/08/2021 at 7:09 AM, Snake2410 said:

Looking at its place in the Legenda menu (the menu has been updated with the Rivals mode option, it's just locked) it appears to be just like Survival where you can take a party of 4 into it.  So it appears that you can boost them, but until it is actually playable on the 3rd it's unknown. 

I'm slightly more concerned with the mastery stuff.  We don't know what these supposed challenges to purify a cursed piece of gear could be.  

Imo this is why i find MP trophies useless. 99% of them are not related to skills or anything, it's just people boosting. No offence bro, but you haven't even tried the new Rivals mode yet and you already planning on boosting .... And what for ? "Win one game" trophy .... This and the shareplay beggars are really taking down the "achievement" part of the trophies.

Honestly, i'd have preferred if they added a trophy like "finish the game on Hard+ without dying" or added a very tough solo boss that requires perfect parry. I enjoyed the Raids, mostly the last boss, but between finding 3 other people, buying a mic, buy a 1 month PS+ subscription, it felt more like a secretary's chore than actual gaming ... At least, SuckerPunch has been nice enough to only implement doable MP trophies instead of trophies you can't get legit like Fallguys or GTA IV, for this they deserved credits.

6 hours ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

Imo this is why i find MP trophies useless. 99% of them are not related to skills or anything, it's just people boosting. No offence bro, but you haven't even tried the new Rivals mode yet and you already planning on boosting .... And what for ? "Win one game" trophy .... This and the shareplay beggars are really taking down the "achievement" part of the trophies.

Honestly, i'd have preferred if they added a trophy like "finish the game on Hard+ without dying" or added a very tough solo boss that requires perfect parry. I enjoyed the Raids, mostly the last boss, but between finding 3 other people, buying a mic, buy a 1 month PS+ subscription, it felt more like a secretary's chore than actual gaming ... At least, SuckerPunch has been nice enough to only implement doable MP trophies instead of trophies you can't get legit like Fallguys or GTA IV, for this they deserved credits.

I boost them entirely because I hate mp trophies in general, and PVP style modes historically have never been fun to me.  It has very little to do with how good or bad a mp mode is.  When it comes to mp I prefer to play them casually with friends, purely for fun.  Thus I like to get these types of trophies done ASAP rather than have to do one thing or another until they are, risking killing any fun out of it.  The group I play this with pretty much feel the same way.

A Hard+/Lethal+ without dying playthrough could feasibly be cheesed as well though, via save reloads/cloud back up/ect.  The only way around that would be the Wolfenstein 2 way of no saves what so ever, that wouldn't work in a game this big and even if it would those kind of trophies are worse than mp.

I played the NG+ main game and Iki all on Lethal+.  I would've rather they make you beat the game on that then have mp trophies.  Using the new armor with a certain mod set up and replaying the final Iki boss gave me a more rewarding challenge than anything mp has done to this point, you pretty much HAVE to perfect parry/perfect dodge every move to stand a chance with only 3 starting resolve.  I don't expect Rivals will surpass that either.  The Raid didn't, and that was the only really enjoyable part of Legends to this point. 

Idealy the Mass Effect 3/Andromeda way of doing mp trophies work best in a lot of ways, either do this in mp or do that in sp.  And with how we now have screen capture/video capture of those achievements you have prof of how you did it.

On 8/6/2021 at 0:17 AM, Snake2410 said:

This is absolutes false! They announced multiplayer on August 17th, 2020. A full MONTH after release (July 17th, 2020 was release date). It was never even mentioned before that.

Not that I agree with that guy, on the other hand saying it is absolutely false is kind of overkill. If you remember the day it was announced, I'm sure you also remember Sucker Punch saying that the game was developed with multiplayer in mind. It is not something they decided to add after launch. I'm trying to Google the article from back then now but newer ones related to DC and Rivals are prioritized in Google search.

Edited by BloodyRutz

4 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

Not that I agree with that guy, on the other hand saying it is absolutely false is kind of overkill. If you remember the day it was announced, I'm sure you also remember Sucker Punch saying that the game was developed with multiplayer in mind. It is not something they decided to add after launch. I'm trying to Google the article from back then now but newer ones related to DC and Rivals are prioritized in Google search.

Yes, but I never said it wasn't already planned.  My whole point was that they didn't announce it until a month after launch and that it would be nice if devs would at least make it known if it was already in development so thos of us who aren't into mp can make a more informed decision on games.  They even waited until after the announcement to release the art book because it has legends art in it.  With it being planned all along there was no reason it couldn't have been officially mentioned before release.  That person wasn't exactly carrying a friendly conversation on the matter ether.

But this is an old post, and honestly now that the dlc trophy list is out and they sound doable it doesn't even matter to me.  I get them done and hopefully they don't add any more.

On 26/08/2021 at 1:32 AM, SnizelPS said:

Can't be worse than doing all raid chapters with randoms that had no mics 1f602.png

A Painful Blockage - seems to be the most demanding of them, but we can't really know how tough it is until the content drops.

That sounds horrible. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. You must have the patience of a saint.

And for me personally, the raid was my favourite part of the game!

I think the hardest trophy may be "A painful blockage" (summon 5 shades in a single match). Now this is just a guess.... but im assuming you will have to build meter to summon a shade. You will probably have to summon the shade right away when you get one. Probably based on kills or damage dealt? If you are playing with a good partner, this may be harder due to your partner stealing alot of the kills or possible shade meter away? This is just my theory on how it may work or how it could be a potentially harder trophy?? 

Or there may be a cursed item that once cleansed, gives more shade meter? That would make sense. 

Edited by IvoryRose88

2 hours ago, IvoryRose88 said:

I think the hardest trophy may be "A painful blockage" (summon 5 shades in a single match). Now this is just a guess.... but im assuming you will have to build meter to summon a shade. You will probably have to summon the shade right away when you get one. Probably based on kills or damage dealt? If you are playing with a good partner, this may be harder due to your partner stealing alot of the kills or possible shade meter away? This is just my theory on how it may work or how it could be a potentially harder trophy?? 

Or there may be a cursed item that once cleansed, gives more shade meter? That would make sense. 

Yeah, sounds like it's the toughest of them, but maybe you can summon the lowest tier shades to save on currency and make it easier to get.

There is a short video of Rivals, where it shows that when you kill an enemy you get currency (Magatama), with this currency you go to different Offering Sites around the map and summon these shades.

The part about the cleansed item having bonus to boost your shade currency sounds possible.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SnizelPS said:

Yeah, sounds like it's the toughest of them, but maybe you can summon the lowest tier shades to save on currency and make it easier to get.

There is a short video of Rivals, where it shows that when you kill an enemy you get currency (Magatama), with this currency you go to different Offering Sites around the map and summon these shades.

The part about the cleansed item having bonus to boost your shade currency sounds possible.

Oh...i missed that. That makes sense. Yeah, there probably is weak versions that cost less. It will be an easy trophy for people that like to boost. I perfer to just get them the regular way unless it turns out to be ridiculously difficult. The raids were a pain but will have to admit after i completed them, they ended up being alot of fun and felt so satisfying to get the trophies. I also made alot of friends while achieving the trophies. This is a positive thing i liked about the MP trophies. Forcing you to do things you normally wouldnt do, that end up being more fun than expected.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IvoryRose88 said:

Oh...i missed that. That makes sense. Yeah, there probably is weak versions that cost less. It will be an easy trophy for people that like to boost. I perfer to just get them the regular way unless it turns out to be ridiculously difficult. The raids were a pain but will have to admit after i completed them, they ended up being alot of fun and felt so satisfying to get the trophies. I also made alot of friends while achieving the trophies. This is a positive thing i liked about the MP trophies. Forcing you to do things you normally wouldnt do, that end up being more fun than expected.

Oh man, I definitely agree with this statement.

Trophies pushed me to start playing on higher difficulties and do speedruns.

Same for playing online when I normally wouldn't bother, like in TLOU Factions.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IvoryRose88 said:

Cursed item is just a piece of gear that has a challenge tied to it and once you beat that challenge, ie kill so many enemies without taking damage, it unlocks a high level piece of gear.  The shades one might be the hardest of the trophies, but we still don't know how hard it'll be to aquire a piece of cursed gear.  That could be a low RNG type of situation. I believe the shade trophy might be tied to your team though, so if you're partner summons a shade it counts for you too.  Since it's team vs team I'd expect that's how it'd work. 

9 hours ago, SnizelPS said:

There also might be 5 different shades and each one might be able to be summoned only once, so you might have to basically completely dominate the opposition to be able to summon them all.  All speculation though.  I've not seen the video you're reffering to.

7 hours ago, Brightblade76 said:

Anyone can try Rivals without having the DLC? I've patched the game to the latest patch and if possible I'd take the Rivals trophies out of the way asap, but don't plan to buy the dlc atm

Yes, the multiplayer content is free for anyone who owns the game. Only the Iki island content costs extra.