Ghost of Tsushima: new “Rivals” game mode (Sept. 3)

NetoStyle

I played the mode solo, and it gave me the ''Champion of the Kami'' trophy for winning a Rivals match but didn't give me ''A Painful Blockage'' for summoning five shades in a single match, as i certainly summoned more than five. I'm pretty sure it's a specific requirement of some sort as i doubt you can't aquire it solo. Hopefully it'll be cleared soon as to whether it can or can't be aquired solo. If it could, you could get all the trophies without PS+ which is perfect for single game players.

2 minutes ago, Kargetina said:

I played the mode solo, and it gave me the ''Champion of the Kami'' trophy for winning a Rivals match but didn't give me ''A Painful Blockage'' for summoning five shades in a single match, as i certainly summoned more than five. I'm pretty sure it's a specific requirement of some sort as i doubt you can't aquire it solo. Hopefully it'll be cleared soon as to whether it can or can't be aquired solo. If it could, you could get all the trophies without PS+ which is perfect for single game players.

Are you sure you summoned shades? it's specifically "Shades".

I tried doing it in solo but after 3 Shades it blocked my ability to summon them because no one on the other side was there to kill them.

There seems to be a limit to how many of the same things can be summoned and be active at the same time.

Edited by SnizelPS
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SnizelPS said:

Are you sure you summoned shades? it's specifically "Shades".

I tried doing it in solo but after 3 Shades it blocked my ability to summon them because no one on the other side was there to kill them.

You're most likely right. The same thing happened to me, but i (probably erroneously) thought the fire shades count as well.

That's really unfortunate. ☹️

10 minutes ago, SnizelPS said:

Super easy trophies.

I think it's boostable too.

I haven’t earned the ones for binding an item and cleansing a cursed piece of gear. Are they tied to the player level?

The other two trophies are not hard at all and overall I think the Rivals mode is quite fun!

11 minutes ago, Sten_dardo said:

I haven’t earned the ones for binding an item and cleansing a cursed piece of gear. Are they tied to the player level?

The other two trophies are not hard at all and overall I think the Rivals mode is quite fun!

I got a cursed piece of gear (a bow) as a reward for winning a Rivals match online.

I got a challenge on that bow to kill 10 enemies with ranged weapon on Gold difficulty something. 

After you make the requirement, you go to the item and highlight it and press whatever button to collect the reward and in doing that you cleanse it.

The binding, you just go to some character and highlight an item and you can bind it from what I recall.

Don't know about the level  requirement regarding getting a cursed item. I think binding is for 110 Ki level item, since completing 5 challenges after binding will level it up to 120 Ki.

Edited by SnizelPS
  • Like 3

Well I've found out I already have a legendary medicine I can bind to the Ronin class but I'm afraid to waste the item doing it lol

PS. If anyone drops a cursed item by doing  anything beside gold missions please report it, as I'm too lazy to try gold solo after a few months I've been away from the game.

Edited by Brightblade76

52 minutes ago, Valtekken173 said:

Do you need to do gold difficulty to get cursed items? I did a Rivals match solo on bronze and got no cursed gear

Okay, answering my own question: yes, you need to play on Gold to get Cursed items. Furthermore, the Cursed item I got demands I play on Gold difficulty while fulfilling the requirements for it. Pain in the ass, but manageable, nothing too hard. Gotta kill 25 enemies with fire, so I guess I'll have to slash them up a bit then finish them with a fire arrow. First level of Legends will do for this one.

Some of the challenges you get after binding 110 Ki items are pretty... extreme(?)

After binding my Master Katana to Samurai I just got a challenge to "dismantle 5 Legendary Katanas" ?

There's a lot of grinding with this new update, but it doesn't translate into the new trophies.

Very simple trophies. Everything can be done within 30 minutes.

As for the cursed items, it's a bit of luck if you end up with the item or not at the end of the game BUT you can earn a cursed item even in Survival or through stories, not just Rivals. If you play only RIvals, keep in mind, there are secondary objectives such as freeing Oni prisoners or opening Oni chests that will grant you an additional piece of equipment. Then, the requirement to cleanse the item is also random, i got 2 times "Kill 5 Oni dogs or Oni bears" so i had to restart the 9th mission to do that.

5 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

Everything done except 5 shades in a match it‘s weird. It‘s saying „busy“ After using once. Only three were possible per match. Maybe it‘s tied to a specific map. I finished map 1 on bronze  and map 3 on gold difficulty but same result. Any ideas?

You play solo?

I couldn't do it solo, after 3, it says "busy".

I think that if there's nobody on the other side killing the shades you summoned, they just stay active which blocks your ability to summon more of them. (seems to be restricted to few active ones at a time)

Edited by SnizelPS
  • Like 2

Need help with the 5 shades.  Is this boostable? 

Edit:

Nvm, just got it along with the 100%.  I recommend using the first map. 

4-5 games and lost the last one by a hair (last enemy was hiding -_-) + my teammate was AWFUL. 

Good mode but don't see myself spending too much time there.  Bring on Ghost 2!

Edited by Fr_0zt

1 minute ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

Very simple trophies. Everything can be done within 30 minutes.

As for the cursed items, it's a bit of luck if you end up with the item or not at the end of the game BUT you can earn a cursed item even in Survival or through stories, not just Rivals. If you play only RIvals, keep in mind, there are secondary objectives such as freeing Oni prisoners or opening Oni chests that will grant you an additional piece of equipment. Then, the requirement to cleanse the item is also random, i got 2 times "Kill 5 Oni dogs or Oni bears" so i had to restart the 9th mission to do that.

Big asterisk there: everything can be done within 30 minutes provided you have Plus, because there seems to be no way to complete the 5 shades trophy solo.

Just now, SnizelPS said:

You play solo?

I couldn't do it solo, after 3, it says "busy".

I think that if there's nobody on the other side killing shades, they just stay active which blocks your ability to summon more of them. (seems to be restricted to few active one at a time)

Yes i played solo. Yes that‘s what i think. Someone has to kill them. Havent got enemies yet. 

Just now, Fr_0zt said:

Need help with the 5 shades.  Is this boostable? 

It probably is if you add someone to your party and each of you go to different teams.

You both just summon shades for each other and kill them, that way you are never blocked from summoning more than 3 shades.

I haven't tried it, but I think it will work.