Ghost of Tsushima: new “Rivals” game mode (Sept. 3)

NetoStyle

15 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

The enemies have to defeat the enemy that you summoned before another one can be summoned.

He said he did it solo, so clearly there are no opponents that can defeat the enemies in this scenario. Which is why I'm curious to know HOW he managed to do it solo.

1 hour ago, Valtekken173 said:

He said he did it solo, so clearly there are no opponents that can defeat the enemies in this scenario. Which is why I'm curious to know HOW he managed to do it solo.

Oh, I understand.

When you’re selecting the matchmaking if you go to the right there’s a ‘practice’ mode.

I’m assuming if you don’t have PS+ that’s the only Rivals mode you can choose.

If that’s the case then yeah, I see how the trophy isn’t unlock-able solo/without PS+. Sucker Punch will definitely have to change that.

37 minutes ago, IvoryRose88 said:

Ive played 10 full rivals matches on gold and still havent seen a cursed item. How do you get cursed items. 7 hours in and nothing. Everyone sating all 4 trophies take 30 mins? What am i doing wrong. Is there another mode i can get cursed gear on?

Wondering this too…

34 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Oh, I understand.

When you’re selecting the matchmaking if you go to the right there’s a ‘practice’ mode.

If that’s the case then yeah, I see how the trophy isn’t unlock-able solo/without PS+. Sucker Punch will definitely have to change that.

Wondering this too…

Ive done 10 rival matches on gold. Ive done 2 solo rival on gold. Ive done 2 story gold missions and 1 survival wave on gold. Nothing!  I give up

Played 3 matches this morning and picked up a cursed item. It's a bow and I have to have it equipped and kill 3 disciples to remove the curse. Frustrating as I picked it up on my hunter and the cursed item is a trash bow with Ki level 30 so I'm a melee hunter until I get it removed. Hopefully it's a quality item once the curse is removed though.

I'm really enjoying this new mode and I like the new techniques and upgrades to gear. Will stick around long after picking up the trophies for this one.

Edit: I did the first Rivals mission by selecting it and then the next two just from the quick play menu. I haven't tried the nightmare one yet as the hunter isn't my main so not well prepared. Just clearing that up and confirming cursed items drop on gold difficulty.

Edited by PeachyJacobs
See edit

54 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

FYI the Rivals win and the summon 5 Shades do not pop with a save transfer to PS5.

The rivals win autopopped for me but the 5 shades did not. Just played a match and all is good now. Same for the Transcendence Raid trophy. Had to do it again. 100% on both now. I can sleep. ?

5 minutes ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

The rivals win autopopped for me but the 5 shades did not. Just played a match and all is good now. Same for the Transcendence Raid trophy. Had to do it again. 100% on both now. I can sleep. 1f609.png

Weird.  The three of us that played Rivals tonight and then went and transferred our saves to the PS5 version all ran into those two not popping.  We jumped back into it and did those two really quick and it worked fine.  One of us had to transfer an earlier save to get the raid trophy though.  We all exited to single player and made a hard save before trying to transfer too.  Something is buggy about it, like the other ones.  

1 hour ago, PeachyJacobs said:

Played 3 matches this morning and picked up a cursed item. It's a bow and I have to have it equipped and kill 3 disciples to remove the curse. Frustrating as I picked it up on my hunter and the cursed item is a trash bow with Ki level 30 so I'm a melee hunter until I get it removed. Hopefully it's a quality item once the curse is removed though.

I'm really enjoying this new mode and I like the new techniques and upgrades to gear. Will stick around long after picking up the trophies for this one.

Edit: I did the first Rivals mission by selecting it and then the next two just from the quick play menu. I haven't tried the nightmare one yet as the hunter isn't my main so not well prepared. Just clearing that up and confirming cursed items drop on gold difficulty.

Is there something special i have to do to get cursed gear? Ive played matchmaking on rivals for over 8 hours. I have 7 wins, 5 or 6 losses. All matchmaked me on gold. I did 2 solo gold rivals matches. Ive done a gold survival and 3 gold story missions. All that Nd i havent gotten a cursed item yet. Am i doing something wrong? Everyone is saying they got all trophies in 30-60 minutes. I got the 5 shades and win a match right away but i cant seem to get a cursed item. 

Anyone help??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IvoryRose88 said:

Ive played 10 full rivals matches on gold and still havent seen a cursed item. How do you get cursed items. 7 hours in and nothing. Everyone sating all 4 trophies take 30 mins? What am i doing wrong. Is there another mode i can get cursed gear on?

You need to bind an 110 ki item to a character, then play with it to get a chance for a cursed drop.  Cursed items are used for leveling past 110, and getting a perk at 120 ki.

Also i got the 8 i found running story part 1 on gold, not on rivals

Edited by maisie666
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, IvoryRose88 said:

Is there something special i have to do to get cursed gear? Ive played matchmaking on rivals for over 8 hours. I have 7 wins, 5 or 6 losses. All matchmaked me on gold. I did 2 solo gold rivals matches. Ive done a gold survival and 3 gold story missions. All that Nd i havent gotten a cursed item yet. Am i doing something wrong? Everyone is saying they got all trophies in 30-60 minutes. I got the 5 shades and win a match right away but i cant seem to get a cursed item. 

Anyone help??

I'm not sure, mate. I had all 110 gear equipped if that helps and I had a mastery on each piece. I also did the side missions in the match as well. The cursed gear was a reward in the rewards screen at the end of the match.

3 hours ago, IvoryRose88 said:

Rivals loot sucks in general because they are the fastest maps to clear (8-11mins)

Got mine through story and survival missions on gold.

I always just assumed the cursed gear was guaranteed each match. I've done like 5 matches and got a cursed gear even when I lost lol. You can solo the 'Win a rivals match' too by the way. Just set match making off and set difficulty to Bronze. I used Ronin with legendary healing bombs with dmg boost and it made it really quick. You can't get the 5 shades in one match trophy solo though since I think you can only buy 2 shades and 1 or 2 elder shades at once and given that youre fighting against an empty party they dont die and just stay there. For the purify a cursed gear trophy I got lucky and got a really easy one which is to kill enemies while poisoned (poisoned when taking dmg). I just farmed the last story mission 'Fires of Yarikawa' solo on Gold since the beginning always has like 3-5 soldiers and a dog and it made it easy to farm the curse requirement. Obviously it depends what curse purification task you get. Also, auto pop only carries over gear binding and curse purification trophies, have to win a match and purchase 5 shades in a match again.

Edited by PostGameBlues

On 04/09/2021 at 4:31 AM, Brightblade76 said:

So it must be the same shade summoned 5 times? If not, then maybe I've lost count, because I was sure I've summoned 3 shades and then 2 fire spirits but the trophy didn't pop, maybe I was wrong.

Yes you have to summon 5 times the same "Shades" that cost 5 souls per use. So basically all you need is to spend 25 souls and you are done, which is ridiculously low compared to how much souls you can collect (from 80 when i started to over 100+ now that i have got used to it). The only thing that can block you is if the other team already used Shades, in that case you have to kill the Shade in your camp to be able to spend your souls again AND the second case is apparently if the other team doesn't kill the shades you summoned, there seems to be a limit of 3 Shades simultaneously active from what the comments said.

Edited by Spike_Hostile17

For some reason while doing the cursed item trophy (mine being defeating 5 foes with perfect dodge counterstrikes while not being allowed to block and parry) I cannot get it done. I've done the perfect dodge counterstrike on atleast ten foes and it won't clear. Dafuq am I doing wrong

Edited by AyyRobo

1 minute ago, AyyRobo said:

For some reason while doing the cursed item trophy (mine being defeating 5 foes with perfect dodge counterstrikes while not being allowed to block and parry) I cannot get it done. I've done the perfect dodge counterstrike on atleast ten foes and it won't clear. Dafuq am I doing wrong

Are you doing it on Gold difficulty (whatever mode you are playing)?

7 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Oh, I understand.

Tbh I wouldn't call it a practice mode, it's just Rivals without any...rivals. You get dropped into a match and have all the time in the world to defeat your enemies while no one is there on the other side to defeat those enemies. I completed all three of the currently available Rivals stages on Gold, and I tried multiple combinations of curses, Fire Spirits and shades but it seems that the only one that will work is 5 basic shades (the 5 nagatama ones), which can't be summoned if you play solo. I already asked Sucker Punch on Twitter if they're able to fix this for solo players, since I understand how it could be unbalanced for people who actually play online. Hopefully they reply sooner or later.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, captain_evil777 said:

I have the following mastery challenge “Defeat Tengu Enemies with this weapon (0/5)” for my Moon Katana. 

What exactly is Tengu and how to do this? I have killed many of those purple colours with my Moom Katana melee but they did not count, still showing 0/5.

Thanks

The Tengu enemies are the ones with the red masks, I think they can summon magic. You need to equip the cursed artifact. Once equiped start a game on GOLD difficutly and the challenge will start you can check how many you have killed by pressing start in the down right corner. Once you killed the fifth tengu the trophy will pop immediately. 

13 minutes ago, AyyRobo said:

Cursed challenges can only be completed on GOLD. 

Edited by DavySuicide

10 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

The Tengu enemies are the ones with the red masks, I think they can summon magic. You need to equip the cursed artifact. Once equiped start a game on GOLD difficutly and the challenge will start you can check how many you have killed by pressing start in the down right corner. Once you killed the fifth tengu the trophy will pop immediately. 

Cursed challenges can only be completed on GOLD. 

Thanks. I am done with the trophy. Now levelling my normal katana (not a cursed item) 120 Ki. I have equipped this moon katana and have melee these Tengu.. and killed them… somehow it just show zero… My other items challenges already progressed as the challenges are met… hmm… 

1 hour ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

Yes you have to summon 5 times the same "Shades" that cost 5 souls per use. So basically all you need is to spend 25 souls and you are done, which is ridiculously low compared to how much souls you can collect (from 80 when i started to over 100+ now that i have got used to it). The only thing that can block you is if the other team already used Shades, in that case you have to kill the Shade in your camp to be able to spend your souls again AND the second case is apparently is the other team doesn't kill the shades you summoned, there seems to be a limit of 3 Shades simultaneously active from what the comments said.

But the other guy told he used fire spirits and did it solo, even though I can see he has plus anyway. I'm gonna test it again in a few hours.