PS4 System Update Ver. 1.52

CasaDeBen

Is now live. This update will apparently improve system stability. I personally havent had a single hiccup with my console yet. Hoping this doesnt change.

The uodate is only 323mb and depending on your settings may even download before you get to your ps4.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/11/ps4-firmware-update-1-52-rolling-out-now-improves-system-stability/

Edited by CasaDeBen

I love the good old bugfixes. I hope it'll improve the PSN Store's loading, it fails to load for me half the time. Still, shame it has to be so vast to download, it'd be nicer to just go with a binary patch - unless this IS a binary patch, in which case I wonder what on earth they're changing that requires 320MB or so.

I love the good old bugfixes. I hope it'll improve the PSN Store's loading, it fails to load for me half the time. Still, shame it has to be so vast to download, it'd be nicer to just go with a binary patch - unless this IS a binary patch, in which case I wonder what on earth they're changing that requires 320MB or so.

I thought it was pretty big too. Ive never had an issue with the store though. Except the very first day. I find it loads pretty fast and effecient. Much better than the ps3 store

Pie, are you talking about the PSN Store's loading on the PS3?  thats where ive had the biggest issues... I haven't had any issues on the PS4... but i have had issues on the Vita with downloading stuff... but that seems to have been fixed as it has been running a lot smoother.

I thought it was pretty big too. Ive never had an issue with the store though. Except the very first day. I find it loads pretty fast and effecient. Much better than the ps3 store

I agree... I knew they changed the store because they had a new console rolling out but dang i wish they would have kept the PS3 store the same... its so slow and choppy... the PS4 handles it SO much better though... its lightning fast now!

I also haven't had any hiccups other than one day my Knack session froze up on me... had to do a hard re-boot and i sent a report to Sony about it... not even sure if it was the game or the system but i haven't had anything since then...

Apparently, Vita also have new and same update also:

http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/psvita/index.htm

Main features in system software update version 3.01 (including 3.00)

New for 3.01

System software stability during use of some features has been improved.

What does it even mean??? o.O

I had rayman origins completely fail to launch on the vita before. and after a system stability patch it worked fine.

• Like 1

Pie, are you talking about the PSN Store's loading on the PS3?  thats where ive had the biggest issues... I haven't had any issues on the PS4... but i have had issues on the Vita with downloading stuff... but that seems to have been fixed as it has been running a lot smoother.

No, I was talking about the PS4 store. It hasn't derped for me so far after this patch, which is a good sign. Even when it was failing to open at all half the time, leaving me on the "Please Wait" screen, it was still better than the PS3 store, which is pretty damning of that thing. I agree that the PS3 store's change was kind of regrettable as it's so slow now compared to how it used to be. It's weird, really - you'd think they'd change it to be unified, but the PSV store is still different to the PC, PS3 and PS4 one, and it seems like an odd thing to leave one platform out of your visual update.

No, I was talking about the PS4 store. It hasn't derped for me so far after this patch, which is a good sign. Even when it was failing to open at all half the time, leaving me on the "Please Wait" screen, it was still better than the PS3 store, which is pretty damning of that thing. I agree that the PS3 store's change was kind of regrettable as it's so slow now compared to how it used to be. It's weird, really - you'd think they'd change it to be unified, but the PSV store is still different to the PC, PS3 and PS4 one, and it seems like an odd thing to leave one platform out of your visual update.

Yeah, they may as well just left the PS3 store UI like that of Vita or just like the old one and then just make the PS4 store UI like it is since its fast enough to handle it...

anyway... glad to hear that its working better for you!!!

Darn, and here comes another reason for me to buy a PS4. It would be pretty better to buy PS3 games in the PS4 Store and then download them in PS3 :P. Problem's I live in Brazil, and things aren't cheap here. Like everyone knows, PS4 is about $1.650 here (R$3.999), sad fact I have to admit :'(