Low Baller Trophy is Glitched

CB7Tuner91

I feel like I've done this in the past, but now I'm getting down to almost having the platinum and realise I dont have it. The only events this seems possible is Fall Ball and Jinx and they NEVER appear. The question im asking is does these events appear more in solo or squads? And should I keep wasting time hoping these events spawn or should I just wait for them to do a special event for one of those? Thanks

Edited by CB7Tuner91

14 minutes ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

I feel like I've done this in the past, but now I'm getting down to almost having the platinum and realise I dont have it. The only events this seems possible is Fall Ball and Jinx and they NEVER appear. The question im asking is does these events appear more in solo or squads? And should I keep wasting time hoping these events spawn or should I just wait for them to do a special event for one of those? Thanks

You can try your luck with the anniversary play list that is available right now. Looks like it just has the original games at launch. I think there are a bit too many maps to get the specific ones. The special events seem like the best way to get it.

• Like 1

I got it playing squads mode. I actually earned it in Hex-a-gone which I gather is no longer possible. The other day I would have earned it again as Team Jinx was the final and we won by a single point.

Stupid luck based trophy, but I'd say squads mode is the way to go.

Do be careful, because I do believe the trophy is bugged. I've met the requirement, and the trophy didn't pop. I sent in a ticket on the 21st of July, and still no reply. I even provided evidence of Qualifying from a team game with a score of 1.

Edited by BIG_McQuill
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BIG_McQuill said:

Do be careful, because I do believe the trophy is bugged. I've met the requirement, and the trophy didn't pop. I sent in a ticket on the 21st of July, and still no reply. I even provided evidence of Qualifying from a team game with a score of 1.

Your 100% right its glitched. I just won a game of Jinx 1-0 and it didn't pop. I grabbed a video of it and sent it to them. I had another issue with Big Tease and they unlocked that one so maybe they'll help here. This game has become a buggy mess. 

57 minutes ago, Terminator_T2 said:

This trophy also didn't unlock for me so it's definitely buggy at the moment.

It also seems like the customer service is pretty backlogged at the moment because I sent in a support ticket about six days ago and I haven't had a response so far. 1f641.png

Yea and its really irritating because its hard to get the only two team games you can do this in to spawn, moreless meet the requirements for the trophy. Really poor imo

5 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

You can also get it in Egg Scramble, Egg Siege, Hoarders and Team Tail Tag. You can qualify with just 1 point if one of the other teams gets 0 and every team has a unique score.

All those games you listed you can win 1-0. Theirs to many balls or eggs to win 1-0

Edited by CB7Tuner91

So this one glitched on me this morning, and after advice from a friend I contacted support to let them know it had glitched and I had met the requirements. Less than 3 hours later, support emailed me back to say they'd fix it, and the trophy popped within minutes of me receiving the email.

Really impressed!

8 minutes ago, ScintillaWolf said:

So this one glitched on me this morning, and after advice from a friend I contacted support to let them know it had glitched and I had met the requirements. Less than 3 hours later, support emailed me back to say they'd fix it, and the trophy popped within minutes of me receiving the email.

Really impressed!

Yes I did the same. For anyone in the future that has this issue make sure you attach the video of you meeting the requirements. The person I spoke with requested it to fix the problem. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m convinced this trophy is buggy because last night I won an episode of Squads scoring 1-0 with Fall Ball as the final round, but Low Baller did not show up (not even a delayed notification without the trophy image showing up which select games do, others on rare occasions).

This was on my third time reaching the final round in which saw 2 full squads were qualified (8 players total, 4 on each team) on either Fall Ball or Jinxed being selected. I don’t think the fact these team games appeared last prevented the trophy unlocking as “winning” should equal “qualifying” in terms of how trophy requirements are met versus the trophy description not being too specific.

Unfortunately I didn’t save footage of my gameplay so I don’t believe submitting a support ticket is an option. If I knew the trophy wouldn’t unlock I would’ve started recording just in case, I could’ve also saved the last 60 minutes by pressing square on my PS4’s share menu but once I remembered that it was too late, so why ask that I provide proof through means too few people will remember to do the moment? Additionally, you might be asked to provide a video to get the trophies fixed but a week or so later someone will ask about the same issue, like you they’ve not recorded video files for submitting the ticket but they weren’t asked to submit a video and just got it fixed first reply. Why the inconsistency? I’ve contacted them (MediaTonic) before about glitches trophies which they fixed without being asked to provide a video but how certain can I be this will be the case again? I believe that first time I was just lucky.

Ah well, guess I must learn the hard way. My only option now is to spend Lord knows how much longer with this game and hope to come across Fall Ball or Jinxed again, qualify with just 1 point and hopefully the trophy pops as it should. If not I can press square after holding the share button to save a video should it glitch again (to assist with future support tickets) or I can start recording every time I come across said mini-games and stop after meeting the requirements.

ATM it would be great if someone can please confirm from their experience that reaching the final round of Squads with 4v4 increases the chances of Fall Ball and/or Jinxed showing up? If so, I will focus on Squads from now. Trophy bug and glitches aside, my issue isn’t so much the likelihood of qualifying with 1-0 on either mini-game, rather the chances these mini-games will show up at all. If these rounds (or team mini-games altogether) appeared a bit more commonly I wouldn’t be here.

Why this trophy has 40-50% rarity here on PSNP despite the how much RNG is at play and the possibility of it glitching and not unlocking just when you do what it says is beyond me.

9 hours ago, PMV said:

In the Main Show, Jinxed is always the second round, so you can grind it by just qualifying from the first round (Very easy to do) and quit the game and start again if a minigame other than Jinxed pops up. Fall Ball pops if there is an even number of players near the end of the game (So 6, 8 or 10 players), however you can instead have another team game or Button Bashers, or even the final. Unfortunately Fall Ball is kinda rare to me in the Main Show.

In Squads Mode there are 11 possible finals including Jinxed and Fall Ball, and to me Roll Off, Jump Showdown, Royal Fumble, Fall Mountain and Lost Temple are the rarest to have (I myself never had Lost Temple), so if you play Squads I think you have a pretty good chance of having one of these two finals. Keep in mind that the remaining finals are pretty common too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I should’ve mentioned this days earlier but during the final hours of Squads Celebration I saw myself qualify from two beginning team rounds on Team Tail Tag with 1 point. The Low Baller trophy did not unlock on either round (again) but this time I captured video footage from both, chose one of those videos to upload to YouTube (as an unlisted video) and link that with my ticket to support. I chose to go with the YouTube method because for whatever reason I could not attach files regardless of video file type/size or my internet quality.

The response was pretty fast (must’ve contacted them during their work hours) and the reply I got from them was about the nicest message a customer could ever get for help unlike anywhere else in the gaming industry. Great work, MediaTonic. Now they’ve just got to fix the trophy for everyone else who started the game (more specifically, created their save file) at the beginning of Season 4.5, when Infallible was obtainable through custom games. Remember that?

As for me now? Well, the only trophy I need to get for the platinum is Squad Goals. I could’ve got help with that from Squads Celebration, unfortunately I was on holiday and away from home for almost the entire duration that playlist was active.

Edited by PMV

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...