(Probably?) An alternative lvl50 grinding method

mecanicwars_

Have anyone tried this grindind method? Mathematically it's better than the arcade mode, chap4part. Using some numbers we get:

Arcade: 

1000xp per 3 min / 20000xp per hour 

620000/20000 = 31 hours 

This MP method: 

7000xp per 10 min / 42000xp per hour

620000/42000 = ± 15 hours (for a single lvl50 run) → 30h for both people 

If this works consistenly, it will make the grind way less boring. Could anyone confirm? (:

If you're having trouble to find an empty lobby, just search the mode you want and right after press Circle (Back). The next time you search, it'll be an empty lobby.

(Edit: added total grind for both people who'll grind)

(Edit 2: information on how to create an empty lobby)

Edited by jvlourenco2004
  • Like 2

I think the issue is that most who boost would not have two consoles and two copies of the game so the time would be doubled (two players needing it) and have to be coordinated.

If you have two consoles/game copies so you can boost solo, it might be the optimal path though.

2 minutes ago, djb5f said:

I think the issue is that most who boost would not have two consoles and two copies of the game so the time would be doubled (two players needing it) and have to be coordinated.

If you have two consoles/game copies so you can boost solo, it might be the optimal path though.

yeah, that's the only issue i see. but you can switch between this and arcade. If you are almost finishing (five levels or sth) it's an nice option to do

10 minutes ago, jvlourenco2004 said:

Still mathematically worse. If you have someone to help who already finished e everything, this method is definitely better imo

what are the odds on finding someone who already completed it and will sit there for 15 odd hours letting u kill them over and over? not very high would be my guess

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

what are the odds on finding someone who already completed it and will sit there for 15 odd hours letting u kill them over and over? not very high would be my guess

Yeah i agree. Unless you have a second PS3 it's not worth it. Even then having to set it up each time verse just casually playing 4.1 isn't worth it in my mind. To each their own...

Edited by ZachSmoke
  • Like 1

I have two PS3s and two copies of the game so I just tried this. There's a couple problems with this method...

1) You have to play in public lobbies, so people will constantly be joining and screwing up your session. I couldn't even manage to get into an empty session just now.

2) Unless you have a turbo controller, you'll have to press X on your secondary controller to respawn him every time he dies. That's pretty annoying.

I'll stick to 4-1.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jvlourenco2004 said:

Have anyone tried this grindind method? Mathematically it's better than the arcade mode, chap4part. Using some numbers we get:

Arcade: 

620000/20000 = 31 hours 

This MP method: 

620000/42000 = ± 15 hours 

If this works consistenly, it will make the grind way less boring. Could anyone confirm? (:

I tried this method that you posted watched the video and it works very well I followed exactly how the video is free aim team death match and I got over 70 kills by doing this method I got to level 40 a lot faster very good method I will be using this with my friends to help them level up faster thanks!!! ?

Edited by KouponKarl

8 hours ago, HondaHoe said:

dunno, but i know a plenty of them lol

8 hours ago, Pyramat said:

I have two PS3s and two copies of the game so I just tried this. There's a couple problems with this method...

1) You have to play in public lobbies, so people will constantly be joining and screwing up your session. I couldn't even manage to get into an empty session just now.

2) Unless you have a turbo controller, you'll have to press X on your secondary controller to respawn him every time he dies. That's pretty annoying.

I'll stick to 4-1.

personally i don't have problem with randoms, most of them are boosters that i found so i don't mess with them.

as i said above, this is and alternative method, i'm not forcing anyone to use it but asking for people to test it. (:

12 hours ago, jvlourenco2004 said:

Arcade: 

620000/20000 = 31 hours 

This MP method: 

This will not work consistently since you have to always look for specific maps suited for this method and the other players will also have to play actively just for you. 

Furthermore randoms can just join you mid-game too if the lobby is not filled up with 8 PS3s.

Believe me, I did this grind with 8 PS3s in a blocked lobby and only then it's really reliable. 

13 hours ago, jvlourenco2004 said:

Arcade: 

620000/20000 = 31 hours 

This MP method: 

Nice find, but without a second PS3 it's not something I can use.

This method requires a lot of resources which i think almost nobody wants to have for this purpose. Harassing a friend for 15 hours and having more than one console is just a waste of money and time (i'm talking about buying a new console specifically for this boosting method) even when you have a simpler method like arcade chapter 4.

Yes, it's terribly annoying do the same thing 620 times over and over again but trust me, doing this will get you more stress because you partner will not have the same desire to play as you. So probabilly he/she will fall asleep, get bored, go afk... and such a lot of inevitable problems.

Don't waste time finding multiplayer methods, it's not worth as there isn't any really good that can surpass the classic arcade mode, aside from that we have less than 2 months to get rid of the lvl 50.

• Like 1

Now that this is out there, RIP to this method because now everyone is gonna try it. A lot of people doing the game have a 2nd PS3 and could use this method, but now all the lobbies for every type of Deathmatch mode are gonna be full. So in the end it's probably gonna be better for someone to keep using the Chapter 4-1 method in Arcade mode.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 2

I did some multiplayer xp boosting with some people when I first started myself, although not on this specfic map. We found that arcade was just much more reliable and we had better results solo levelling that way, mp was good to break the monotony though.

15 minutes ago, Ellieeeeeaeeeeee said:

I have encounter quite a few people to try this method and received the message not to kill them. It is now harder to find the map I want :(  

Good luck everybody on lvl50 and 100% !!!

If you click Circle after matchmaking and search for a match again, it'll create an empty lobby

There has always technically been alternative ways to get to level 50 that are much faster. The boosting group I was in experimented with a couple methods like this. The problem is that in reality they usually aren’t very practical at all and don’t work nearly as well as they do in theory.

Surprised none mention this, but you when you are playing 4.1 arcade mode you are also knocking out the single player grind as some of these are just tedious. So you are knocking two birds with one stone.

This might be good after you got most/farmed all of the single player grind and have another PS3/copy of the game.

Edited by U_mad_bro7778

53 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I went from level 13 to 45 in the span of 3 days and I’m not even playing all day, maybe a handful of hours daily. Half of the time the game creates a new lobby for you and maybe 15-20% of all of my full matches have been interrupted by other booster/randoms.

so 50% of the time, you aren't able to create a new lobby?

and out of the other 50% where u are able to create your own lobby, u get interrupted by boosters 20% of the time?

how is this more efficient overall than arcade mode?

15 minutes ago, HondaHoe said:

so 50% of the time, you aren't able to create a new lobby?

and out of the other 50% where u are able to create your own lobby, u get interrupted by boosters 20% of the time?

how is this more efficient overall than arcade mode?

I should’ve said more than 50% to be honest. I have had some nights where I play 15-20 games straight with no one interrupting me. You’re reading way too into my percentages, it’s just a guesstimate. And it is way more efficient than Arcade Mode…even with people interrupting you it doesn’t change the amount of XP you were earning before the interruption. It’s not like I’m lying about my XP yield, why else would I have made that comment?

People aren’t flooding the game modes like they once were, and with as many people as there are boosting this currently, to be interrupted as little as I have it’s pretty great. I’m not going to debate back and forth with you on whether or not doing this or playing Arcade Mode 600+ times is better, people will do what’s best for them at the end of the day and this method is miles better for me. 

Edit: I’m now level 47 as of this comment, was 45 just 30 minutes ago. 

Edited by HoorayForTyler
  • Like 1