mecanicwars_

(Probably?) An alternative lvl50 grinding method

53 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, HoorayForTyler said:

To all of the naysayers and doubters in this thread…this method is significantly better than running Chapter 4 in Arcade Mode, I can vouch as I’ve been doing it for awhile now. There’s no comparison if I’m being honest. If anyone still boosting to level 50 wants to run through that boring ass Arcade Mode over and over again that’s your prerogative, but you can save an immense amount of time if you have a 2nd PS3, 2nd copy of Max Payne 3, and turbo controller (not required but recommended).
 

I went from level 13 to 45 in the span of 3 days and I’m not even playing all day, maybe a handful of hours daily. More than half of the time the game creates a new lobby for you and maybe 15-20% of all of my full matches have been interrupted by other booster/randoms. I just leave the game immediately and it saves all leveling progress.

 

With the insanely efficient method highlighted in the video, I have been gaining up to 10-12K XP a match, my max amount of kills was 147 (12,340 XP) to give you an idea of just how good this method really is, and that doesn’t include the many challenges you’ll complete along the way. The positioning in the video highlighted above is the only thing that’s inconsistent:

 

5-D0-A679-B-34-C1-4-D79-8-DDE-D2-DA964-B
 

261d.png This spot right here is the best, your alt may change spawns once every 15-20 kills, or maybe not at all like in my case. Go to the 2nd set of double poles from the right and push your character as far back as possible (very important). It will take some trial and error getting the position down, but it’s not impossible. It is very unforgiving as far as where you need to stand, you must be near perfect positioning wise. Aiming all over the place and at different spawn locations can potentially move your character also, so be mindful of that. This works only on TDM also, Deathmatch mode will have sporadic spawns. 

Always make sure the 2nd player is activating their vendetta as well bc denying them can earn you an extra 500-700 XP depending on how many kills you get. Activate your burst constantly, you can get an extra 500+ XP from doing so, and you’ll be activating it a ton anyways once you equip the Weapon Dealer burst (you don’t consume ammo for 10 seconds) at level 32. 


Once again, this is way more efficient than Arcade Mode, and it really doesn’t matter in the slightest how many people know about this method as the game creates new lobbies constantly. You’re looking at roughly 70-80 matches (10 min each) from level 0 to 50 using this method, or you can run through that Chapter 4 sequence 600+ times, your choice. You can hit level 50 2x quicker by following the advice in the video, the least of your worries is randoms, it’s more so you efficiently reaching 80-140 kills a game, which is what you want to aim for. Good luck. 

Yeah did exactly this an went from 40-50 so fast I was also smashing out grinds in the process getting the x amount of kills for the sniper rifles and headshot grinds boosted me a lot think with grinds and kills I got almost 10,000 xp alone in a match from doing some. This method if you have an extra ps3 is miles better than arcade mode 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, KouponKarl said:

Yeah did exactly this an went from 40-50 so fast I was also smashing out grinds in the process getting the x amount of kills for the sniper rifles and headshot grinds boosted me a lot think with grinds and kills I got almost 10,000 xp alone in a match from doing some. This method if you have an extra ps3 is miles better than arcade mode 


Congrats man! Nice method with switching the snipers for the grinds also. And agreed, the people who are doubting this method either don’t have an extra copy of the game/PS3, can’t get it to work, or are already too comfortable with doing Arcade Mode to even bother switching to this method. It literally cuts the boosting time in half, so idk why anyone would count this out. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:


Congrats man! Nice method with switching the snipers for the grinds also. And agreed, the people who are doubting this method either don’t have an extra copy of the game/PS3, can’t get it to work, or are already too comfortable with doing Arcade Mode to even bother switching to this method. It literally cuts the boosting time in half, so idk why anyone would count this out. 

Thanks I do play late at night maybe time zone is reason i didn’t deal with many randoms some joined but not to the point where I wasn’t able to do this method without interruptions. I went over 10+ matches without randoms so idk all I know is from my experience this is miles better than arcade lol I’m thinking close to when the servers are about to close it may get hectic though 

Edited by KouponKarl
.
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, HoorayForTyler said:


I should’ve said more than 50% to be honest. I have had some nights where I play 15-20 games straight with no one interrupting me. You’re reading way too into my percentages, it’s just a guesstimate. And it is way more efficient than Arcade Mode…even with people interrupting you it doesn’t change the amount of XP you were earning before the interruption. It’s not like I’m lying about my XP yield, why else would I have made that comment?
 

People aren’t flooding the game modes like they once were, and with as many people as there are boosting this currently, to be interrupted as little as I have it’s pretty great. I’m not going to debate back and forth with you on whether or not doing this or playing Arcade Mode 600+ times is better, people will do what’s best for them at the end of the day and this method is miles better for me. 
 

Edit: I’m now level 47 as of this comment, was 45 just 30 minutes ago. 

Hi, when you dont see the same map after your match is done, you back out and search until you see the hokokken map or you just keep playing?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing to mention: in a normal deathmatch, if a random join the match, he won't mess up with your alt/friend spawn (personally tested it). 

 

Also this is a great choice to farm M4 + SPP kills. i got 100 m4 kills in 20 minutes.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been using this method for the past 2 days now and try to get used to it. First do not take the position as shown in the linked Youtube video in post1 but the position shown in the linked picture.

 

This method is great even if you have not yet unlocked the Ammo perk to not consume ammo (lvl 32). Even if you only average about 40-50 frags like I do currently you'll gain more xp by completing the various grinds along the way. Sadly I run out of ammunition halfway through the match and decided to work on the grinds associated to the several weapons until I hit level 32 so I can use the sniper rifles efficiently.

 

You can also use two handed weapons such as the assault rifles (the m4 for example) (4-5 hits for a frag) or the mini-30 with scope attachment (3 hits) handguns however do not seem to work(can not hit the alt) and I have to move my alt to the window.

 

 

 

Edited by Dreamcast12
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have somehow the problem to find the right spot. the enemy is always spawning everywhere

 

EDIT: that is strange. Some games it works perfectly, but some games it works worse. 

Edited by Bilal_Ibrahim
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2021 at 1:51 AM, Bilal_Ibrahim said:

i have somehow the problem to find the right spot. the enemy is always spawning everywhere

 

EDIT: that is strange. Some games it works perfectly, but some games it works worse. 

It's all about positioning. i found my golden spot and it has 3 possible spawn locations of which 2 rarely happen (one in the courtyard below the emergency exit staircase where i can still see the head and one 3 windows to the left to the farm location where I have to move it forward manually) If I move just a tiny bit to the left or right it starts to spawn in other locations (if i move to the right it starts to spawn in the staircase on the right to the courtyard, to the left in 2 out of view spots in the upper floor)

 

Here is some advice if you are just starting out with this method.

 

First work on your Training Grinds by playing in all the game modes for the " Full Monty " trophy . Use the Mini 30 marksman rifle at all times so you can unlock the scope attachment for it quick to start farming. Or use the M24 right away but you will need the following 2 object items for it to be of use Ammunition Pouch and eventually the item that looks like a magnet to increase picked up ammunition quantity. Now if you kill your alt 2-3 times (use pistol to the head to complete the 100 headshot grind) you should have enough ammunition to last for the round. You can also pickup the M24 from your alt but I think you waste to much time by doing so.

 

Once you got your grips on this boosting method it's time to work on the various grinds. Complete all the grinds for the chest/head items (light/medium/.. armor) and gear ( Walkie Talkie/ ID Cards/anti sniper compass for example) (do not forget to add attachments to your weapons once unlocked!) and complete as many burst grinds (the ones linked to fragging others such as paranoia or weapon dealer) as possible before reaching level 32 (this is where you start to use Weapon Dealer for unlimited ammo I suggest to add the Autoinjektor to your load out now and use the level 2 burst) . This is not required but use the burst on your alt to deny it for some extra points and to complete the associated grind.

 

After reaching level 40 (where you unlock the last sniper rifle) you should have completed the majority of useful grinds especially all the grinds associated to the sniper rifles but the M82A1

 

Play the multiplayer as intended from time to time to complete the grinds found in the "Action" section (rolling 1000 times shootdoging 250 times etc.) Also complete some of the passive burst there such as "Alphadog". It helps against burning out

Play Dead man walking to complete some of the grinds they give a few extra thousand xp points if you like the mode.

Edited by Dreamcast12
weapon attachement information added
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1.9.2021 at 7:36 PM, Dreamcast12 said:

It's all about positioning. i found my golden spot and it has 3 possible spawn locations of which 2 rarely happen (one in the courtyard below the emergency exit staircase where i can still see the head and one 3 windows to the left to the farm location where I have to move it forward manually) If I move just a tiny bit to the left or right it starts to spawn in other locations (if i move to the right it starts to spawn in the staircase on the right to the courtyard, to the left in 2 out of view spots in the upper floor)

 

Here is some advice if you are just starting out with this method.

 

First work on your Training Grinds by playing in all the game modes for the " Full Monty " trophy . Use the Mini 30 marksman rifle at all times so you can unlock the scope attachment for it quick to start farming. Or use the M24 right away but you will need the following 2 object items for it to be of use Ammunition Pouch and eventually the item that looks like a magnet to increase picked up ammunition quantity. Now if you kill your alt 2-3 times (use pistol to the head to complete the 100 headshot grind) you should have enough ammunition to last for the round. You can also pickup the M24 from your alt but I think you waste to much time by doing so.

 

Once you got your grips on this boosting method it's time to work on the various grinds. Complete all the grinds for the chest/head items (light/medium/.. armor) and gear ( Walkie Talkie/ ID Cards/anti sniper compass for example) and complete as many burst grinds (the ones linked to fragging others such as paranoia or weapon dealer) as possible before reaching level 32 (this is where you start to use Weapon Dealer for unlimited ammo) . This is not required but use the burst on your alt to deny it for some extra points and to complete the associated grind.

 

After reaching level 40 (where you unlock the last sniper rifle) you should have completed the majority of useful grinds especially all the grinds associated to the sniper rifles but the M82A1

 

Play the multiplayer as intended from time to time to complete the grinds found in the "Action" section (rolling 1000 times shootdoging 250 times etc.) Also complete some of the passive burst there such as "Alphadog". It helps against burning out

Play Dead man walking to complete some of the grinds they give a few extra thousand xp points if you like the mode.

 

thank u very much for the detailed answer. 

I already can handle this and boosted already lvl30 in 1 day. 

 

There are times where the "alt" spawns in different location and I resultet I stood on the wrong spot. But that wasnt the case. There are exceptions where the alt spawns in different location in row, but after the the 2nd or 3rd spawn he spawns in that boost spot again.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just completed my level 50 grind and below are my statistics so you can see what awaits you. It took me a week of grinding but if you are dedicated and have time on your hands you can do it in 2-3 days. It depends how efficient you are. I averaged around 50-60 kills per match when I started out and at the end it was 85-100.

 

  • M24 - Frags 1747
  • M82A1 - Frags 1016
  • FMP G3S - Frags 1008 (if you have the dlc you should skip this one not worth the xp points as it misses a lot)
  • MINI-30 - Frags 267 (only use this if you do not have the DLC M-50 towards level 20 for the FMP)
  • M4 Frags - 475
  • Handguns - Frags 472

 

Total number of Frags 5.236

 

84 Rounds of Team deathmatch (several on public matches and a few for my m4 level 10 so likely around 65-70 for grinding 10 minutes each)

I completed 3 handgun Head shot grinds and 2 halfway through also completed the pepper spray grind because why not and a few action grinds.

Edited by Dreamcast12
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still recommend to take the m24 sniper. It has the best accuracy precision.

With the auto sniper I had sometime trouble tho aim. Somehow Im aiming rightfully but it miss the shots and Im loosing like 5 bullets. I think the aim is bugged.

 

Stay at the same spot like in the video, but stay little bit more left (the left wall shouldnt reveal that much like in the video). 

 

Weapon Dealer Burst is a blessing. I never ran out of ammo like that.

 

With that method Im always making 10.300 exp (prox. 125kills with headshots and burst activation) per round. That are 61800 exp each hour.

 

If you always starting to search a room, cancel the search first and start the search again. With this method you always hosting a game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant find hoboken tenements map on rotation nor chosable in private mode. Is it behind some dlc perhaps? I can find hoboken alleys and rooftops. Couldnt get method to work in alleys (as mentioned on video's comments) and rooftops is separate map. 

Edited by Kavatus
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys got one week left. Make it happen.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

You guys got one week left. Make it happen.


Have to signal boost this. Even if you’re using this boosting technique this is still quite a grind and if you haven’t started it yet you probably have just barely enough time to get it done now. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, postofficebuddy said:


Have to signal boost this. Even if you’re using this boosting technique this is still quite a grind and if you haven’t started it yet you probably have just barely enough time to get it done now. 

 

It's going to be really rough. Hope that people don't have kids and a job to work, because they're likely going to have to spend 10+ hours a day getting all the multiplayer done if they are just starting this game.

Edited by AJ_Radio
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just give up, i was trying to do it with 2 ps3 but always got hosted with other guys. Got it till level 6 but i Give up. And the other option of do the same level again and again? Hell no, just i will try another game. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Evers_cl said:

I just give up, i was trying to do it with 2 ps3 but always got hosted with other guys. Got it till level 6 but i Give up. And the other option of do the same level again and again? Hell no, just i will try another game. 

 

When you go into Matchmaking and it says Searching under that, it will connect you to other players. Immediately back out and search again. If it just says Matchmaking, than you will get your own lobby. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ConAir said:

 

When you go into Matchmaking and it says Searching under that, it will connect you to other players. Immediately back out and search again. If it just says Matchmaking, than you will get your own lobby. 

Thank you so much, but i just drop it, to much games left to try, to get stuck with this one. But i really appreciated the suggestion.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Evers_cl said:

Thank you so much, but i just drop it, to much games left to try, to get stuck with this one. But i really appreciated the suggestion.

You're welcome. 

 

And yes, there is still a lot of time involved.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Evers_cl said:

Thank you so much, but i just drop it, to much games left to try, to get stuck with this one. But i really appreciated the suggestion.

you just need to do 10 games each day (100k exp) and u can get lvl 50 in 6days

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Evers_cl said:

Thank you so much, but i just drop it, to much games left to try, to get stuck with this one. But i really appreciated the suggestion.

There is a free dlc pack for max payne 3 maybe the map is part of that dlc pack. Also you have to search up to 20 times for the map sometimes. And sometimes you get it 3 times in a row

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After experiencing this mode I would like to add that you should try to grab some of the multiplayer grinds along the side. Some Gold / Platinum goals give an extra 1000 XP which equals 1 round of Chapter 4 Part I in Score Attack Mode. Offcourse some you will grab automatically by playing this method (f.e. sniper kills, killstreaks, winning TDM matches, highest scoring player). Some require little. Anyway, I recommend buying every available suit , equip it and get 500 kills with each of them. Besides that, experiment with some of the items like the walkie talkie f.e. This bonus will bring you closer to that 620K XP.

 

List of multiplayer grinds

Edited by ConAir
Horrible typo
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This method is simply the best only if you have a second ps3. If you run out of ammo, just kill yourself like throwing a grenade on the ground instead of going all the way to the other building and come all the way back to save time and get more kills.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.