Constant crashing

I haven't seen anybody mention it here and only a post from June 2021 on reddit with no solutions but I can do free roam, side activities, dlc with no issues but if I started the main story Pierce quest called Trafficking then the game gets to his dialogue saying something about his demo tape and it crashes always at the exact same part each time.

Unable to proceed past this mission. I tried doing the trafficking side mission without activating the main story quest from him which essentially is the same thing but no luck. Any tips?

Have you tried deleting the game and reinstalling it? Also, try starting a new game on a separate save file. Make sure to rotate your save files to reduce the risk of save corruption. As I recall, some games have massive bloating issues or corruption when overwriting save files too often.

10 hours ago, dakk55 said:

Have you tried deleting the game and reinstalling it? Also, try starting a new game on a separate save file. Make sure to rotate your save files to reduce the risk of save corruption. As I recall, some games have massive bloating issues or corruption when overwriting save files too often.

Thanks both will try a new save. I did reinstall with no luck so hopefully a new save will fix it. Will report back when I get round to it

18 hours ago, gforce-92 said:

UPDATE: Starting a fresh save on a fresh ps5 install did NOT resolve this sadly. No point keeping the game now. 

Are you playing the dedicated PS5 version or the PS4 original via Backwards Compatibility? This is a long shot but have you tried playing without any patches installed?

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

On 07/08/2021 at 4:48 PM, HuntingFever said:

Are you playing the dedicated PS5 version or the PS4 original via Backwards Compatibility? This is a long shot but have you tried playing without any patches installed?

Yep dedicated ps5 version. I managed to get a work around for this mission only. Had to install ps4 version and complete the mission then continue the save on the dedicated ps5 version and so far no issues. Very annoying having to redo the intro missions of the game again but at least it's working now. Ps5 version was a download so was unable to remove any patches from what I could see. 

On 07/08/2021 at 5:16 PM, AMU-LOVE said:

Play offline turn off your network this should work

Wish I tried this now as would be interesting if it worked. Where did you find this solution as googling came up with nothing of the sort? 

On 08/08/2021 at 6:30 PM, gummihammer said:

Mine crashes all the time too, and trophies are glitched also. Cant complete the space dlc. Crashes in same spor everytime. 

That's such a shame mine is working OK for now after using ps4 version to get past the 1st trafficking mission but no idea how to fix it for dlc. Perhaps try disconnecting from online like above suggestion. Fingers crossed for you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gforce-92 said:

Wish I tried this now as would be interesting if it worked. Where did you find this solution as googling came up with nothing of the sort? 

Because it happened to me aswell not at the same spot but somewhere else in the game after 2 crashes i turned off network had no problem

On 14/08/2021 at 4:58 AM, LaunchpadMcDuck said:

Anyone else having any luck with turning off the network? Mine crashed consistently at the exact same spot and I haven't touched it since last week when it failed. Really sucks, hoping it gets fixed ASAP

I found that it plays better with the network turned off (game constantly crashes randomly for me) , however found that trophies don't pop until you turn it back on then they all pop at once ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/08/2021 at 6:30 PM, gummihammer said:

Mine crashes all the time too, and trophies are glitched also. Cant complete the space dlc. Crashes in same spor everytime. 

Same here this is the only real problem i've had with the game it keeps on crashing just as i enter the Guard Base in the Gangsta's in Space DLC's first mission, its crashed here twice.

It crashed one other time but ican't remember where it did it, also Cyrus Temples Face won't render properly (more funny than anything).

2 hours ago, IO2MGTP said:

Has the update fixed anything, Someone said there was a update Friday, Did that fix the space dlc? First mission the game keeps crashing on me everytime i get to the guard area and get of the car, Thats when it starts crashing on me.

That patch was only for the dedicated PS5 version and going by the reportedly small file size, it's unlikely to have fixed anything important.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 5:19 PM, IO2MGTP said:

Faster, More Intense first mission keeps crashing on me as soon as I get to the first set after driving the car. 

I am getting the same problem. I reached out to the company, and they said to unplug the PS5 to delete temporary files. This DID NOT work. I have the downloaded game, not disc. 

For people saying to play the PS4 version through the mission and switch back to PS5, does that mean having to redo all other gameplay done so far? 

Edited by MDubbs410

On 28/09/2021 at 4:15 PM, MDubbs410 said:

I am getting the same problem. I reached out to the company, and they said to unplug the PS5 to delete temporary files. This DID NOT work. I have the downloaded game, not disc. 

For people saying to play the PS4 version through the mission and switch back to PS5, does that mean having to redo all other gameplay done so far? 

Yep will have to redo it all as your ps4 one will be a fresh save if working backwards and continuing on ps5

• Like 1