Platinum rarity decreased?

Trophy hunting is a fun thing, but many hardcore hunters have similar traits, like OCD, anxiety.

I know players that actively hide trophies that cease to be Ultra Rare.

It doesn't hurt to say, but just have fun and pride in your accomplishments for yourself, not others.

• Like 2

On 5.8.2021 at 0:40 PM, HusKy said:

To answer OPs question: The ratio between new owners vs. platinum achievers is shifting upwards.

There are couple reasons for that:

• The game has definitely gotten easier over time with some great strats and skips that have been discovered.
  • Old players are coming back to tackle the challenge.
  • The other day I saw someone with 1 second completion time in the 100% club so there are definitely some save hackers lurking around.

Don't forget that many players have bought the platinum or at least the Mein leben trophy, which I can say for sure.

On 5.8.2021 at 0:40 PM, HusKy said:

Other hard games are going up too:

• WS2 was sitting at 0,68% in April 2019 -- now 0,84%.
  • SMB was sitting at 0,18% in April 2019 -- now 0,24%.

This may be due to the PS4 jailbreak.

Edited by BigBossImBeamer
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cometowner said:

I will answer you if you dont mind with answer. 

Some player who did think them self the best and because they are in the level of best they feel bad when some else earn it. They think them self beaten and they keep traking.. They become obssesed with tracking 

Really? I’ll never understand that mindset. When I see someone accomplishing a difficult challenge I’m happy for them. If anything I find it odd when a platinum’s rarity drops. Just Cause 3 used to be a very rare plat but now it’s ultra rare despite dlc coming out that made the base game challenges noticeably easier. 

Watching a sub 1% plat creep towards over 1% would probably be a little disheartening, but ultimately if the plat doesn't deserve a certain rarity then it won't keep it

Of course, that's only IF the platinum achievers are legit

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BigBossImBeamer said:

@AmazingNoeder

Totally agree!

The reason why the rarity has recently decreased is a combination of hacking and buying. Around October 2020 the firmware downgrade for the PS4 came and with it the complete jailbreak for the PS4. Since then, PS4 trophies are even flogged on eBay for sometimes very low prices.

I think that is the main reason for this and the answer to the OP's question.

mmmm, is buying a thing now? I think it wouldn't be that popular if you have to give your login and pass.... Or I'm mistaken?

2 hours ago, AmazingNoeder said:

Unfortunately meat boy plat is full of cheaters...if i won a Penny Everytime i saw some moron bragging about it and cant even say who gives a double jump I woul have a ps5 now 

SMB plat is one of those that really baffles me, you see some accounts with a lot of 5 mins plats and then you see the plat of SMB unlocked too... Why someone that has all the dedication to get that plat will flood his profile with hundreds of ezpz trophies... Idk...

22 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

SMB plat is one of those that really baffles me, you see some accounts with a lot of 5 mins plats and then you see the plat of SMB unlocked too... Why someone that has all the dedication to get that plat will flood his profile with hundreds of ezpz trophies... Idk...i 

14 minutes ago, AmazingNoeder said:
22 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

SMB plat is one of those that really baffles me, you see some accounts with a lot of 5 mins plats and then you see the plat of SMB unlocked too... Why someone that has all the dedication to get that plat will flood his profile with hundreds of ezpz trophies... Idk...i 

Don't know  why but i couldn't respond you properly , maybe is some bug anyway...

Edited by AmazingNoeder

10 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

SMB plat is one of those that really baffles me, you see some accounts with a lot of 5 mins plats and then you see the plat of SMB unlocked too... Why someone that has all the dedication to get that plat will flood his profile with hundreds of ezpz trophies... Idk...

Now is working 

The problem isn't trash games and meat boy plat on the same account even if meat boy is the ONLY not ratalaika games (i don't even know if this exist)

The problem is trash games with a meat boy CHEATED plat....

Just take a look at the "fastest" plat achiever who at minimum bought all his "hard" plats 

There are numerous of people here who doesn't have a single hard game on his account and out of nowhere have a meat boy plat whith trophies earned extremely FAST and i mean reall fast 

Dammm only cotton alley (24 +hours) dark world and rapture (18+ hours) dark world took me in total more than 42 hours only purposely playing for the trophies.....

And then....u see people getting them in less than 5 hours and they ONLY have trash....

About the trash games and hard plats in the same account 

Well u can play both having a good descent of plat number (trash games) and having a good descent of hard games and ultra rare trophies

But i agree that it needs to have some "balance" u know

Is super weird to see a 1k plat account with less than 100 ultra rares and meat boy there alone....it simply just don't look legit at first look, people who only play shit don't go for a meat plat ...

That's why i have 127 plats within 1 min to the plat so i can get all this "trash" in the sane place(getting it in the same day)and use it to put some hard and good ones as milestone

For example i used a lot of trash to put meat boy in a milestone, without them i wouldn't be able 

• Like 2