Platinum rarity decreased?

1 hour ago, DeepEyes7 said:

SMB plat is one of those that really baffles me, you see some accounts with a lot of 5 mins plats and then you see the plat of SMB unlocked too... Why someone that has all the dedication to get that plat will flood his profile with hundreds of ezpz trophies... Idk...

I have no idea about the buying market or the numbers doing that.  I would assume it is a small drop in the overall pond but I could be wrong.  

But I sort of see Super Meat Boy similar to a lot of Ratalaika games in that they are old-school 2-D platformers.   An obvious extreme difference in difficulty of course but a lot of overlap in type of gameplay, similar graphics, etc.  So I could see gamers enjoying both (not taking into account trophies).

Edited by djb5f

7 hours ago, BigBossImBeamer said:

Right! To be honest, I didn't think of it when I wrote my post. 1f605.png

But still, the Vita can be hacked for a long time. But now the PS4 hacks are added, because there are surely a few hackers who just own a hacked PS4 and no hacked Vita.

That would explain why the hacks are increasing. (assuming this assumption is true, of course) The Vita hacks alone couldn't explain that.

There are a good number of Vita games with a higher rarity on PSN than on PSNProfiles. A lot of people hack trophies on the Vita. Having people hack trophies on the PS4 is fairly new, I hadn't seen anybody have hacked trophies on the console until a year or two ago.

Unfortunately, with the PS4 now being a last gen system, the hackers are taking full advantage of it, because it is no longer the main focus for Sony.

On 05/08/2021 at 7:40 AM, HusKy said:

To answer OPs question: The ratio between new owners vs. platinum achievers is shifting upwards.

There are couple reasons for that:

• The game has definitely gotten easier over time with some great strats and skips that have been discovered.
  • Old players are coming back to tackle the challenge.
  • The other day I saw someone with 1 second completion time in the 100% club so there are definitely some save hackers lurking around.

Other hard games are going up too:

• WS2 was sitting at 0,68% in April 2019 -- now 0,84%.
  • SMB was sitting at 0,18% in April 2019 -- now 0,24%.

This. Wolfenstein 2 has many and many amazing guides , skips and new strategies that were completely unknown at the time this was at 0,78 % and tbh Mein Leben is not CRAZY HARD TIER like super meat boy, crypto, badland or any crazy impossible games that are out there. It is just your nerves that are the problem, you can plat this game if you are a average fps player 

i did notice recently a few profiles having alot of autopopped  trophies for ps4 games, and now reading this thread.. i wasnt really aware of how much hacking and buying trophies were a thing.. i just checked ebay for the mein leben trophy and its quite sad that someone would buy trophies.. i dont see the point if you didnt earn it yourself, or maybe im missing something.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2021 at 3:11 AM, arcanehornet_ said:

This platinum used to be 0.78% on PSNProfiles, why did it decrease by quite a bit recently? It’s 0.84% at this moment.

To be honest this platinum has a lot of people paying others to do it for them.  Probably half or more of the achievers paid so the rarity of this trophy isn't a bit accurate.  I happen to know of a lot of people who have paid as well as 2 people who charge to do it.  Probably one of the most hawked platinums.  the real rarity of this trophy without pay for services is probably 0.25% or so. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

To be honest this platinum has a lot of people paying others to do it for them.  Probably half or more of the achievers paid so the rarity of this trophy isn't a bit accurate.  I happen to know of a lot of people who have paid as well as 2 people who charge to do it.  Probably one of the most hawked platinums.  the real rarity of this trophy without pay for services is probably 0.25% or so. 

Nah man, more like 0,60 . 0,25 is super meat boy tier. Anyone who puts 60h at least just training, studying and practicing this game on IADI can do this. Also there is a lot of skips and amazing strategies you can find on youtube. The thing is people get very intimidated by the trophy itself and some ppl get way too nervous on the end and do stupid shit!! I guarantee you , if you are 5 out 10 fps player you can do this. I studied this game so much, and learned many and many strategies with a good friend and mastered every single section of the game before attempting mein leben and took me 3 tries. And trust me i am no PRO.

Edited by bdias10
fixing

6 minutes ago, bdias10 said:

Nah man, more like 0,60 . 0,25 is super meat boy tier. Anyone who puts 60h at least just training, studying and practicing this game on IADI can do this. Also there is a lot of skips and amazing strategies you can find on youtube. The thing is people get very intimidated by the trophy itself and some ppl get way too nervous on the end and do stupid shit!! I guarantee you , if you are 5 out 10 fps player you can do this. I studied this game so much, and learned many and many strategies with a good friend and mastered every single section of the game before attempting mein leben and took me 3 tries. And trust me i am no PRO.

well i'm not a walking know it all so it's impossible for me to know the exact number it would be without people paying for others to do it, just a guess.  I do know for sure a lot of people pay for the game.  considering i haven't played it i have no idea personally how hard it is.

Edited by steel6burgh

1 minute ago, steel6burgh said:

well i'm not a walking no it all so it's impossible for me to know the exact number it would be without people paying for others to do it, just a guess.  I do know for sure a lot of people pay for the game.  considering i haven't played it i have no idea personally how hard it is.

Oh for sure, and i think these ppl are cringe and ridiculous. Like whats the point? Brag? I mean the whole fun about these trophies it is getting through the process of having that doubt and anxiety and ascending through in the end and making it!! Those memories have no price. Anyways i would never pay such thing, if i ever come across a game that i cant beat i will leave it there, but i dont give up that easy, and there were moments like i wasted 10h during 2 weeks everyday trying hahah . GT5 vettels challenges

• Like 2

3 hours ago, offdutysuperhero said:

i did notice recently a few profiles having alot of autopopped  trophies for ps4 games, and now reading this thread.. i wasnt really aware of how much hacking and buying trophies were a thing.. i just checked ebay for the mein leben trophy and its quite sad that someone would buy trophies.. i dont see the point if you didnt earn it yourself, or maybe im missing something.

Lol I had to go and look for myself after reading this, it's sad to see how much people are paying to have someone else do some of these hard games for them 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 5:30 AM, AMU-LOVE said:

Do people really keep track of there ultra rare trophies rarity after earning them? Why!?‍♂️

because there isnt one category of gamer. you have gamers who go for just rare trophies, some that go for as many platonums as possible, some who play as many games as possible and dont care about percentage, speed runners, live streamers who play certain scary titles for views etc

i like to keep track of the top 10 rare ones i have that are under 1% because i bought a upgrade to support the site and have the bigger cabinet. so its interesting to see if a game becomes more rare then the other in my cabinet. 

but i can see why its also completely meaningless to alot of people. i dont care about it much but it still catches my interest a little bit.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bdias10 said:

You are right 0.25% is too low 

The reality is that we will never know wich would be the exactly % without any kind of cheating i would say between 0.64 and 0.60

And yes wolf 2 isnt hard in terms of skill but the dedication to training and the fact that you will fail most of the time by rng and lucky and need to start all over again plus unskippable cutscenes....a lot of players give up by this is not by the difficulty is by the burnout 

I don't say that so many people cheat only cuz i don't want to swallow that others can do but cuz I already literally SAW a lot of people obviously cheating

25 minutes ago, totakos1 said:

Shouldn’t they be reported or something?

Well it’s their loss anyway, that feeling of accomplishment when u do something.. wouldn’t trade it for any plat out there cause u definitely miss the whole point of either gaming or trophy hunting!

I have no ideai why ...but the site doesn't care to this  and is totally allowed, they say that shareplay is the same thing that having a friend playing on the couch for you and even allow boost session of this....the number of people that i already saw getting Outlast 2 plat with share play.....

I mean who doesn't have a friend who wants to sit on  your couch for a lot of hours to get a super hard plat for you...and totally fucking FREE hahahaha

2 hours ago, bdias10 said:

Also rarity means absolute nothing, there are utterly disgusting hard games and trophies that are way hard than wolfenstein 2 and way less rare, i can name a few, Crash Bandicoot 4,Vanquish, 

There's a thread to only talk about a large number of cheaters on crash 4

I don't know the game but looking into the thread it is pretty obvious that ALOT of people are cheating on it way more than here and with way more evidence 

And off course that's a lot of "why" the game can be rare or not

If wolf 2 get released on plus the rarity will stantly drop a lot 

Rarity doesn't directly mean Difficult but is the best way to know as difficulty is relative

I can't for example understand why mighty no 9 is so rare and have so many ultra rare specialty on ps4 as the game is cross buy on ps3 

So the point is rarity mean everything if a game looks super hard and the rarity is common it means that most of people who played like this type of game,or maybe is full of cheaters like crash

Example: super meat boy forever and splasher 

These 2 are harder than super meat boy ( the people who have both say this not me)

And the rarity is ridiculously common ...this mean that most of the people who got the plat like these "hardcore" type of game

So yes rarity will not literally say the difficulty of a game in most of the cases 

But only cuz is not directly related to difficulty it doesn't mean is pointless

7 minutes ago, AmazingNoeder said:

There's a thread to only talk about a large number of cheaters on crash 4

I don't know the game but looking into the thread it is pretty obvious that ALOT of people are cheating on it way more than here and with way more evidence 

And off course that's a lot of "why" the game can be rare or not

If wolf 2 get released on plus the rarity will stantly drop a lot 

Rarity doesn't directly mean Difficult but is the best way to know as difficulty is relative

I can't for example understand why mighty no 9 is so rare and have so many ultra rare specialty on ps4 as the game is cross buy on ps3 

So the point is rarity mean everything if a game looks super hard and the rarity is common it means that most of people who played like this type of game,or maybe is full of cheaters like crash

Example: super meat boy forever and splasher 

These 2 are harder than super meat boy ( the people who have both say this not me)

And the rarity is ridiculously common ...this mean that most of the people who got the plat like these "hardcore" type of game

So yes rarity will not literally say the difficulty of a game in most of the cases 

But only cuz is not directly related to difficulty it doesn't mean is pointless

Yeah, i tend to go for stuff i love and enjoy and the difficulty gets doable because of that, getting a hard game hating that genre will make the hard get very hard because it will get you mad very quick

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bdias10 said:

Also rarity means absolute nothing, there are utterly disgusting hard games and trophies that are way hard than wolfenstein 2 and way less rare, i can name a few, Crash Bandicoot 4,Vanquish, 

So true. Look at the Soulsborne franchise for example:

Dark Souls Remastered - 27.12% (Uncommon)

Dark Souls II SotFS - 17.13% (Rare)

Dark Souls III - 17.61% (Rare)

Bloodborne - 21.44% (Uncommon)

Sekiro - 27.12% (Uncommon)

On a side note, anyone else find it strange that Dark Souls Remastered and Sekiro have the exact same Platinum rarity? ?

1 hour ago, VisibleBanana said:

On a side note, anyone else find it strange that Dark Souls Remastered and Sekiro have the exact same Platinum rarity? 1f914.png

The thing with these games except for sekiro is that you can get pretty much heavy carried all the way through the game by 3 PROS or just infinite glitch upgrades and just breeze through the game. If those options were not available i think would be way more rare. Anyways any of these games are a nightmare for me, i suck ass at these type of games

• Like 1

Just because these games CAN be cheesed doesn’t mean that everyone who plays it takes the easy road

When I played demon souls the only trophy a friend helped me to get was the single coop trophy for killing a boss together. And it wasn’t even a hard boss. It was the first one on her NG+ save

i did every other trophy by myself. And the game was hard (for me). Granted it was my first time ever playing a souls game, and many ppl told me that the first time is the hardest lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VisibleBanana said:

On a side note, anyone else find it strange that Dark Souls Remastered and Sekiro have the exact same Platinum rarity? 1f914.png

I think the thing with Souls games on this site in particular that affects the rarity is not that they are difficult (I agree, I would say they are,) but the way in which they are difficult.

Souls game’s difficulty comes from the fact that they are very unforgiving, and have a lot of little “fuck you’s” to the player in the form of enemy placement, traps etc.

Those things do foster a difficulty, but they are also the types of things that are overcome best by perseverance and determination more than necessarily raw ‘skill’.

Given that this site is primarily for trophy hunters - perseverance and determination are pretty much built-in traits for a lot of this site’s user-base - after all, those are the same qualities that are needed to build up a large trophy collection or a high completion rate.

As such, Souls games - while difficult - are kind of ‘tailor made’ for this site’s users to eventually succeed at 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, VisibleBanana said:

I also think that most people going into a Souls game know what they're getting into. It has a very dedicated fan base that doesn't quit until they're complete. 

True. Also, once you surpass the steep learning curve, they become a lot easier to manage. 

I don’t know about Sekiro. It’s definitely different than the others. I struggled more in the beginning portions of Dark Souls and Bloodborne than I did for the rest. 

I explored in Bloodborne, only looking up help on a couple bosses, particularly Amygdala in the Chalice Dungeon.