Platinum rarity decreased?

21 hours ago, TomataEighty9 said:

i wasnt really aware of how much hacking and buying trophies were a thing..

Just for fun, i watched 15 top achievers on a few games like trackmania turbo. I can guarantee a lot of them didn't do it legit.

You can't flag them, but there is no way so many players can one shot gold medals almost all 200 tracks. 

Gran turismo sports is also a good candidate for buyers.

Guys like GEORaGEous with fast achievers on hard games like yakuza 0, tm turbo, with a profile full of garbage games. I don't believe that.

• Like 3

Most (if not all ) top ranking players buy trophies, specially Wolf 2 and SMB.

It's a risky subject for PSN PROFILES but I think it should be acknowledged since many actively care about their position, enough so that people are questioning the decrease in rarity.

I wont question the motives of why people do it but I advise legit players to have fun and keep the glory of the accomplishment for yourself and friends.

Edited by ARIXANDRE
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, ARIXANDRE said:

It's a risky subject for PSN PROFILES but I think it should be acknowledged since many actively care about their position, enough so that people are questioning the decrease in rarity.

I wont question the motives of why people do it but I advise legit players to have fun and keep the glory of the accomplishment for yourself and friends.

With top ranking you mean in the leaderboard? What could be the point of wasting so much money if they can get complete stacks of plats on a few minutes with just a few bucks? They don't care about rarity, so any plat counts... This is just for the wannabes in the middle that want to cover hundreds of ezpz plats with a hard one...

• Like 3

Yeah, I remember a couple years ago, I was looking for a guide about the All Ruined Trophy from Dragon Ball Raging Blast and I found a 10 years old post of someone selling a save file that would unlock all the Trophies and would even give the buyer the chance to put desired timestamps to make it seem legit.

Also recently, while looking for Fall Guys stuff, I found someone selling the Infallible Trophy from Fall Guys. It's incredible how people are willing to spend money basically just to show off pretending they did something they didn't. To each their own I guess. ?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Yeah, I remember a couple years ago, I was looking for a guide about the All Ruined Trophy from Dragon Ball Raging Blast and I found a 10 years old post of someone selling a save file that would unlock all the Trophies and would even give the buyer the chance to put desired timestamps to make it seem legit.

Also recently, while looking for Fall Guys stuff, I found someone selling the Infallible Trophy from Fall Guys. It's incredible how people are willing to spend money basically just to show off pretending they did something they didn't. To each their own I guess. 1f644.png

Sadly that is the world we are living in. It is astonishing how trivial things such as trophies can reflect in real life. People always want to show off by faking. You can see that on instagram and everywhere. Pretending to have a lot of money, expensive stuff etc. etc. A lot of influencers, life coaches that want to make easy money without physical or mental effort. 

It is really miserable to do such things, to buy virtual icons to show off. Like I said hundred times if anyone wants any platinum so badly he/she can earn it. Whether it will take weeks, months or years of constant playing, platinum will be obtained in the end. And noone can prove me otherwise. And yes even for games like necrodancer. That is how goes everything in life. I ve seen persistent people that ve done way better some jobs than someone who is 10x times more talented and skilled. That is the whole philosophy.

• Like 4

I'm curious about some games' rarity if there were no videos/guides/tips/cheats/skips to study and follow. The real badass players are the ones who got the platinum (Max Payne 3, Wolfenstein 2, among others) early with nothing but their own efforts.

3 hours ago, Shorah- said:

Just for fun, i watched 15 top achievers on a few games like trackmania turbo. I can guarantee a lot of them didn't do it legit.

You can't flag them, but there is no way so many players can one shot gold medals almost all 200 tracks. 

Gran turismo sports is also a good candidate for buyers.

Guys like GEORaGEous with fast achievers on hard games like yakuza 0, tm turbo, with a profile full of garbage games. I don't believe that.

Hakoom runs a trophy service. You pay him money to earn trophies for you. I'm not making this up. For anybody who is more deeply intertwined in trophy hunting, this has been common knowledge for a long time.

I have taken advantage of exploits, autopopped trophies in games like Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time on the PS Vita, used a cheap method @Optinooby made for his video in Blizzard Arcade Collection, and used cheesy tactics to get some trophies faster.

Not once did I ever buy trophies, because the moment I do that I have discredited my entire profile. A profile should be a reflection of one's time and skill in the games they have done. Having somebody else get a trophy that you yourself paid them money to do is just wrong.

I'm also aware that Ikemenzi, Hakoom and GEORaGEous more than likely have other people play on their accounts. Virtually everybody in the top 50 - 100 has team accounts. You cannot sustain playing games for 12 - 15 hours every single day for over a decade and not suffer from health problems. Someone once said Hakoom plays an average of 12 - 15 hours a day, and he is a father, I know this for a fact that he has a kid. How do you dedicate that kind of time when you have children?

It's futile to be a competitor in the leaderboards when the playing field isn't level. As much garbage as @Unknown_v2_0 played on his profile, I respect his decision to quit trophy hunting. As a matter of fact, he PMed me personally regarding trophies.

2 hours ago, ARIXANDRE said:

Agree. People who don't have the skill for hard games like this should just get what they can and move on. Due to physical limitations on most players, not every trophy can be earned.

1 hour ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Also recently, while looking for Fall Guys stuff, I found someone selling the Infallible Trophy from Fall Guys. It's incredible how people are willing to spend money basically just to show off pretending they did something they didn't. To each their own I guess. ?

Just as pathetic was Brian of PS5Trophies fame on YouTube pressuring the developers of Fall Guys to make the Infallible trophy more easier when he tweeted on Twitter. He doesn't have the right to do that. Just because a few think thought it was hard, doesn't mean it should be made easier.

1 hour ago, crowizard said:

Sadly that is the world we are living in. It is astonishing how trivial things such as trophies can reflect in real life. People always want to show off by faking. You can see that on instagram and everywhere. Pretending to have a lot of money, expensive stuff etc. etc. A lot of influencers, life coaches that want to make easy money without physical or mental effort.

A lot of these people have nothing more than an average home and average income. Yet by looking at their Instagram, they will claim they have all this stuff. There was a guy I used to know who used Photoshop to manipulate some photos and basically tried to pass them off as real.

They are fake people, leading fake lives. Look at Kylie Jenner. This is what young people today aspire to be.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, rocam315 said:

I'm curious about some games' rarity if there were no videos/guides/tips/cheats/skips to study and follow. The real badass players are the ones who got the platinum (Max Payne 3, Wolfenstein 2, among others) early with nothing but their own efforts.

You don't need to go that far, imagine just trophy hunting without collectible guides, even the "easy" ones would took months to finish....

3 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

You don't need to go that far, imagine just trophy hunting without collectible guides, even the "easy" ones would took months to finish....

This is true. A huge majority of people rely on trophy guides and videos also many people have tv/laptop and or pc/console setups now compared to early to mid ps3 days.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 1:54 PM, bdias10 said:

Also rarity means absolute nothing, there are utterly disgusting hard games and trophies that are way hard than wolfenstein 2 and way less rare, i can name a few, Crash Bandicoot 4,Vanquish, 

Crash 4 is difficult yes, but it certainly is not Wolf II level of difficult.

• Like 3

Tbh Uncharted 4 survival mode is going down the same route. The amount of people that get carried through it is abysmal, and with leaderboard times of sub 2 hours it's easy to see that no effort was put into attempting to even try it.

Back on topic though - the rarity was always going to decrease with the game being nearly 4 years old by those who persist/hack/pay and with ps4 communities gone other means have to be found to get this platinum if you arent good enough to earn it. I mean a high percentage of earners would have been messaged by randos somewhere down the line asking if they would do it for them either through share play or account log in. I've even seen someone bragging they had mein leben but got someone else to do it for them

Edited by IronEden-13
Typo

7 hours ago, rocam315 said:

Nah. You can't compare Max Payne to Wolfenstein. 

You don't need any guides for Max Payne. By the time you attempt NYMHC, you've already completed the game 5 times for other playthrough  trophies. So you know each mission very well. 

And there aren't any over the top strategies, out of map glitches and so on in this game. The difficulty is also set to medium in this mode. 

You really just need to play the game. 

Wolfenstein however I kind of agree. It would be a nightmare without the video guides. There are so many cheap tactics, tricks and glitches that make the game quite easy but nobody would ever find out about all of them on their own. 

But even the first achievers shared their strategies for specific spots with each other. So except for maybe the first 5 or even the first two or so, nobody has done this without any tips. 

And I honestly don't think there is something wrong about sharing strategies for beating a game. 

Edited by Sinthoras_96
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, stargate1995 said:

Crash 4 is difficult yes, but it certainly is not Wolf II level of difficult.

I disagree. Wolfenstein is extremely overrated. 

If there were no glitches and you would need to do everything 100% legit as the devs intended, it would be brutal. 

But that is not the case. You can skip or cheese so many hard spots in this game, it's beyond ridiculous. Since the devs never patched any of this, I actually believe they programmed it to be like that. To have the community find out about all these things.

And if you actually have to fight, the AI is dumb as fuck. 

There are maybe 3 or 4 spots in the whole game, where you actually need to rely on your FPS Skills to get through. 

Most fails happen because you make a dumb mistake and not because it's insanely hard. 

Crash 4 however.... Well I haven't played it since Jump N Runs are not my cup of tea. But from what I see you really need to master the game and give a 100% all the time and it's really skill dependent. 

20 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

If there were no glitches and you would need to do everything 100% legit as the devs intended, it would be brutal. 

But that is not the case. You can skip or cheese so many hard spots in this game, it's beyond ridiculous. Since the devs never patched any of this, I actually believe they programmed it to be like that. To have the community find out about all these things.

There are maybe 3 or 4 spots in the whole game, where you actually need to rely on your FPS Skills to get through. 

Most fails happen because you make a dumb mistake and not because it's insanely hard. 

Crash 4 however.... Well I haven't played it since Jump N Runs are not my cup of tea. But from what I see you really need to master the game and give a 100% all the time and it's really skill dependent. 

Crash 4 has a much higher achievement rating for good reason imo. There is only a small few levels that I considered particularly difficult once I completed it, and the sole reason for their difficulty basically came from the length rather then anything in the actual level once you are familiar with the game. Time trials were also pretty lenient in my opinion, with most of them just requiring you to finish the level on a half decent run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronEden-13 said:

Back on topic though - the rarity was always going to decrease with the game being nearly 4 years old by those who persist/hack/pay and with ps4 communities gone other means have to be found to get this platinum if you arent good enough to earn it. I mean a high percentage of earners would have been messaged by randos somewhere down the line asking if they would do it for them either through share play or account log in. I've even seen someone bragging they had mein leben but got someone else to do it for them

It's just insulting. Why let some random people get trophies for you? You might as well give up trophy hunting because the idea is to earn those trophies yourself. Boosting isn't comparable because you still have to fulfill the requirements yourself.

With buying trophies, you basically have somebody who is good enough for Mein Leben get that trophy for you. You don't deserve the trophy.

I don't know why these people can't just give up on something if it's beyond their skill level and move on.

1 hour ago, grimydawg___ said:

There are a few reasons why the trophies' rarity have gone up.  Unfortunately, bums can't be flagged because people did trophies for them.  That's a can of worms I'd rather not open as well.  The annoyances that would cause.  

You guys already got enough work on your hands. I'd have an ulcer if I had to deal with disputes all day every day.

39 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

I guess it goes Max Payne 3 < Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus < Crash Bandicoot 4 in terms of difficulty.

Crash 4 however has a far higher rarity than either Max Payne 3 or Wolfenstein II. I can probably guess that game too also has buyers who will do the hardest levels for people who don't have the skill level to do them on their own.

Sad, but there's nothing we can do about it.

1 hour ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Having earned the Platinum in both Wolfenstein II and Crash 4 (but also playing Crash to death as a kid) I can at least say personally that I found Wolfenstein II to be far more difficult simply because that one mistake is so discouraging and costs hours. I would absolutely not have the patience or the time to earn that on multiple accounts and I couldn't fathom trying it again (it took me a month to get through my own run).

I wasn't even aware that people paid for trophies like that to be earned for them but it isn't surprising in all honesty. On topic, I don't mind at all if the rarity of my trophies decrease. I enjoy looking back on my achievements because I know I've worked hard to earn them and I'm happy for others if they've achieved them too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KristophDJHero said:

Having earned the Platinum in both Wolfenstein II and Crash 4 (but also playing Crash to death as a kid) I can at least say personally that I found Wolfenstein II to be far more difficult simply because that one mistake is so discouraging and costs hours. I would absolutely not have the patience or the time to earn that on multiple accounts and I couldn't fathom trying it again (it took me a month to get through my own run).

I wasn't even aware that people paid for trophies like that to be earned for them but it isn't surprising in all honesty. On topic, I don't mind at all if the rarity of my trophies decrease. I enjoy looking back on my achievements because I know I've worked hard to earn them and I'm happy for others if they've achieved them too.

Yep I agree with this dude.

In fact I like when the rarity goes down cus it means more ppl(offen better then me too) are achieving them and I gotta step up my game to complete and push myself to play even harder titles.

As for others buying their way to glory by asking other to achieve trophies for them…well my mindset is, there’s no sub for hard work.

Cus the journey always matters more then the direction.

And one last thing Wolf 2 isn’t that hard, I’d say 8/10, but most of the time ppl struggle with the plat due to not practicing on more timing based sections.

Or good old nerves get the better of them.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 1

‘If it’s true’ that people buying the trophies is one of the reasons for the decreased rarity then it is sad. Not because the plat rarity has decreased, I’m all for encouraging people to conquer the game, but it’s sad because they have to buy digital trophies to get some sort of validation. Conquering a very difficult challenge is one of the best satisfactions you can get in games and I personally wouldn’t feel good knowing that someone else earned trophies for me.

• Like 1

If a game is bad, and the rarity increased, I see that as a positive - it means lots of people are realising it is bad, not bothering to finish it, and are unlikely to support a sequel, so bad franchises will die out.

If a game is good, I like seeing the rarity go down - it means people like it enough to finish it, will likely support sequels, and good games will thrive ☺️

As others have mentioned I really don’t care if trophy rarities for difficult games decrease. But only for the correct reason, that they earned it themselves. And not if they hacked, used save files, or bought it. I can’t support that.

In case of Wolfenstein II, two of my PSN friends just did the Mein Leben trophy, and I was rooting for them to get it throughout all their streams.

A little off topic: Anyone else that looks at other peoples profiles while they’re playing a difficult game? I often do it to see how long they’re already playing, if they have other good games on their profile to get some ideas for new games, etc..

And it always amazes me how many cheated lists I find. I don’t really report people much. But in the case of Devil May Cry 5, where more than 60% of the lists I looked at was cheated, I actually asked someone of the CRT to do a full sweep of the leaderboards. That was just ridiculous.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Baker said:

As others have mentioned I really don’t care if trophy rarities for difficult games decrease. But only for the correct reason, that they earned it themselves. And not if they hacked, used save files, or bought it. I can’t support that.

In case of Wolfenstein II, two of my PSN friends just did the Mein Leben trophy, and I was rooting for them to get it throughout all their streams.

A little off topic: Anyone else that looks at other peoples profiles while they’re playing a difficult game? I often do it to see how long they’re already playing, if they have other good games on their profile to get some ideas for new games, etc..

And it always amazes me how many cheated lists I find. I don’t really report people much. But in the case of Devil May Cry 5, where more than 60% of the lists I looked at was cheated, I actually asked someone of the CRT to do a full sweep of the leaderboards. That was just ridiculous.

Oh I remember that, it was around the time the game came right?

The rarity just kinda spiked up out of no we’re, then when I finally got the plat and went back to check the rarity just drop so hard.

Guess it was the CRT at work. Lol

9 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Oh I remember that, it was around the time the game came right?

The rarity just kinda spiked up out of no we’re, then when I finally got the plat and went back to check the rarity just drop so hard.

Guess it was the CRT at work. Lol

Nope. That was 1-2 months ago. They said they did do a sweep when the game came out. I remember the dispute section flooding with DMC 5 reports when the game just released. After that it was left alone. It really needs another sweep. As I haven’t seen any DMC 5 disputes lately, it probably hasn’t happened yet.

Edited by Baker