Platinum rarity decreased?

On 08/08/2021 at 5:25 AM, Sinthoras_96 said:

I disagree. Wolfenstein is extremely overrated. 

If there were no glitches and you would need to do everything 100% legit as the devs intended, it would be brutal. 

But that is not the case. You can skip or cheese so many hard spots in this game, it's beyond ridiculous. Since the devs never patched any of this, I actually believe they programmed it to be like that. To have the community find out about all these things.

And if you actually have to fight, the AI is dumb as fuck. 

There are maybe 3 or 4 spots in the whole game, where you actually need to rely on your FPS Skills to get through. 

Most fails happen because you make a dumb mistake and not because it's insanely hard. 

Crash 4 however.... Well I haven't played it since Jump N Runs are not my cup of tea. But from what I see you really need to master the game and give a 100% all the time and it's really skill dependent. 

This This This and this, this guy right here made the perfect commentary about what wolfenstein 2 really is. I am not saying it is a easy plat by any means, it is hard as fk, but very very far away to be a 10 out 10. A 8 on my opinion. The skips and camping spots, and rushing with double fully upgraded shotguns on some parts make this game a only matter of controlling your nerves, like he said most of the times you died its because you did a stupid mistake, and people get mad and dont realize how stupid they were hahaha, mostly of the times its not RNG

• Like 2

On 8/5/2021 at 9:23 AM, BigBossImBeamer said:

Don't forget that about 50% have bought the platinum or at least the Mein leben trophy, which I can say for sure.

This is probably also due to the PS4 jailbreak.

Yeah, ridiculous how many cheaters there are. Some PSV and PS3 games have like 60% global rarity for trophies that should be under 1% lol. And then outside of the mobs of CFW cheaters, you have people who use Save Wizard or pay others to earn their trophies for them. Steam is also horrible with this, with some games having over 90% of the earners of an achievement having cheated it (some games are just clearly way off and others actually have in-game stats/leaderboards so you can confirm what percentage are cheaters). I guess that's what happens when you have something like SAM where earning any achievement just takes a single click. Unfortunately with a game like Super Meat Boy, you have little way to know if the trophies are earned legitimately or not since they are so flexible in timing and order. 

And while others are doing doesn't affect me and other legitimate players directly, it does collectively obfuscate the global rarity when such a huge proportion are cheaters, and it does cloud the difficulty when you don't know who has done it legitimately and who has cheated. Not really sure what people get out of cheating for a .jpg where the entire appeal is in the actual effort of earning it, but I guess it's just for clout and at any cost for a lot of those on the leaderboards. 

Edited by machaesthetic
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 8:04 PM, DeepEyes7 said:

With top ranking you mean in the leaderboard? What could be the point of wasting so much money if they can get complete stacks of plats on a few minutes with just a few bucks? They don't care about rarity, so any plat counts... This is just for the wannabes in the middle that want to cover hundreds of ezpz plats with a hard one...

Believe me, I know and I have questioned the motivation. 

My conclusion is similar to socialmedia addiction, coupled with bragging rights and , maybe, disposible income.

You just can't let go. Many top rankers get visibility for streaming as well.

18 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Are we really having people here claim things like "over 50% of achievers on PSNP have bought the platinum" without providing any kind of proof whatsoever, and we just let those statements stand like that? 1f602.png Holy shit. 

It's like the SMB thread all over again where people claimed most achievers are cheaters because the rarity went up from 0.19% to 0.2%. 

I'm not claiming there are no cheaters. There clearly are. But to imply that over half of the achievers didn't do it legit is going a bit too far in my opinion. Especially if you cannot back those claims up. 

Depends on the game, the platform, and if you're talking about PSNP or global. Something like a difficult Vita game global stats then it's like 90-95% or more of global achievers are cheaters for something like that, same for many Steam achievements. But for PSNP, it's harder to tell since cheaters are removed. There are some lists that are outright impossible and just haven't been removed yet, there are some that are really suspicious but not technically enough to be impossible and removed, and others with nothing suspicious by leaderboard standards but they had someone else do it for them (which is allowed by leaderboard standards).

It's hard to know the exact amount but I wouldn't be surprised if it was near or above 50% cheaters for something like SMB even here on PSNP, just because it's both really difficult and very easy to cheat as 1) it's a PS Vita so you can cheat it CFW 2) the trophy order and timings are very flexible and 3) there's no grind or anything time-consuming so it's a popular choice when it comes to buying Plats. I think you really underestimate just how widespread cheating is; you have multiple different types of cheating when it comes to trophies: CFW cheaters, PS4 Save Wizard cheaters, save download cheaters, and Platinum buyers (the latter being allowed by leaderboard standards, but I would still consider it cheating).

Edited by machaesthetic
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 4:03 AM, Arcesius said:

Are we really having people here claim things like "over 50% of achievers on PSNP have bought the platinum" without providing any kind of proof whatsoever, and we just let those statements stand like that? 1f602.png Holy shit. 

It's like the SMB thread all over again where people claimed most achievers are cheaters because the rarity went up from 0.19% to 0.2%. 

I'm not claiming there are no cheaters. There clearly are. But to imply that over half of the achievers didn't do it legit is going a bit too far in my opinion. Especially if you cannot back those claims up. 

Definitely not "50%"  but any kind of proof would require name dropping and messages. 

Not gonna do that but I'm happy people are aware of the issue, if you care for that stuff.

Edited by ARIXANDRE
  • Like 1

nowadays  people have the guts to ask me   but of course  i refuse to  no matter what the reward is  and i convince them to watch a few guide video and my video and try to help them  and actually made them succeed on it    i only help ppl i know in real life that i can trust  other then that  i dont wanna help stranger on the Internet  and i have play mein leben again many time ever tho there nothing in it for me  it just to see if i still got it lol 

9 hours ago, BigBossImBeamer said:

I'm not just claiming it. I know it, because I sold MANY mein leben trophies for years and I always had competition. I only sold legit trophies and since the full PS4 jailbreak I stopped selling trophies completely. Of course, I estimated the 50%, but based on data to which I have access and that I will not make public for obvious reasons.

Just to be clear. Of course I will not name anyone who has bought from me or anyone who hasn't bought from me. So no one needs to ask me about this, not even privately.

The reason why I shared this fact is because I think the community has a right to know that.

Btw no one said over 50%. I said about 50%. Since I wasn't the only one selling mein leben trophies, I gave a realistic estimation based on my data accumulated over 3 years. Of course, no one knows the exact numbers, but it's definitely a significant amount of purchased trophies.

So you are the one to blame for the decrease in the trophy rarity huh? We found the answer! ?

Seriously, I think we all knew Mein Leben was bought and I for one knew you were a seller. I think most people knew that. But I’m very surprised by the amount of buyers. That’s insane!

Edited by Baker
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ARIXANDRE said:

Definitely not "50%"  but any kind of proof would require name dropping and messages. 

Not gonna do that but I'm happy people are aware of the issue, if you care for that stuff.

9 hours ago, BigBossImBeamer said:

I'm not just claiming it. I know it, because I sold MANY mein leben trophies for years and I always had competition. I only sold legit trophies and since the full PS4 jailbreak I stopped selling trophies completely. Of course, I estimated the 50%, but based on data to which I have access and that I will not make public for obvious reasons.

That's fine, I don't think it would be a good idea to drop names anyways. Even though buying legit plats would not be against the rules on this site. 

Still, that would need to be over 400 bought platinums... That... would actually be insanely sad if those numbers were true. I hope you are wrongly extrapolating, because otherwise this would be a pretty ridiculous situation. 

On 12.8.2021 at 10:45 AM, Arcesius said:

[...]

Still, that would need to be over 400 bought platinums... That... would actually be insanely sad if those numbers were true. I hope you are wrongly extrapolating, because otherwise this would be a pretty ridiculous situation. 

There probably won't be that many, since most trophy buyers aren't ranked. I didn't consider that in my estimation.

Edited by BigBossImBeamer

On 8/12/2021 at 5:45 AM, Arcesius said:

That's fine, I don't think it would be a good idea to drop names anyways. Even though buying legit plats would not be against the rules on this site. 

About the rarity, indeed, many have done it legit.

The top rankers usually leave Wolf 2, SMB or Injustice 2 for milestones among the heaps of thrash games.

Personally, I have done Mein Leben 6 times, and have 3 on stream.

Don't much care for bragging rights and all successful runs were for myself (I didn't sell them.) I love the game.

Trophy selling became an income alternative for many during the pandemic.

I do not blame them but it's clear that ranking players is not accurate.

Edited by ARIXANDRE

• 5 months later...

Thanks to the community, the game is hard but doable and people started realizing that fact thanks to every new owner. As a proud owner of this platinum trophy i can tell you that anyone on psnprofiles can do it if they stay calm and focused and you can do it too even if i don't know you, i'm 100% sure about that and i am this sure about that because i'm trash and still got it. Give it a try, my boy.

3 minutes ago, jossmilan7412 said:

Thanks to the community, the game is hard but doable and people started realizing that fact thanks to every new owner. As a proud owner of this platinum trophy i can tell you that anyone on psnprofiles can do it if they stay calm and focused and you can do it too even if i don't know you, i'm 100% sure about that and i am this sure about that because i'm trash and still got it. Give it a try, my boy.

Thank you for the encouraging words but I already have the platinum was just wondering why it had gone up so much.

haha this is the second thread on the same subject of increasing rarity in Wolf 2. people who can beat mein leben just can't understand the fact that others are capable of beating it too. hilarious

3 minutes ago, Baker said:

A new strategy has been found indeed.

The strategy of downloading a modded savefile. It’s quite popular judging by the amount of comments.

Sad.

interesting note, however there are no saves in mein leben. is this a hack file then?

2 minutes ago, DjiboutiOhm said:

How would you even do that given that Mein Leben never saves at any point?

I don’t know how something like that works. It’s modded. But it’s out there for a few months now and since then the rarity has been rising quite rapidly.

It’s easy to find if you try to look for it.

Edited by Baker

Just now, Baker said:

I don’t know how something like that works. It’s modded. But it’s out there for a few months now and since then the rarity has been rising quite rapidly.

It’s easy to find if you try to look for it.

unfortunately there is no way to prove that someone used such a file specifically for a trophy, nor should the CRT be able to find something like that. if what you're saying is true, these people will get away with it. ?‍♂️

37 minutes ago, jossmilan7412 said:

I mean, you also have the Vanquish platinum, so I wouldn't say you're trash, not even close.