Platinum rarity decreased?

7 hours ago, Iker_01 said:

I mean, you also have the Vanquish platinum, so I wouldn't say you're trash, not even close.

Trust me, my dude, i'm trash and no, i'm not being humble or anything like that, is the truth... You got the vanquish plat too, it looks hard, but once you try it out is not that bad. 

On 2/14/2022 at 0:02 AM, jossmilan7412 said:

Trust me, my dude, i'm trash and no, i'm not being humble or anything like that, is the truth... You got the vanquish plat too, it looks hard, but once you try it out is not that bad. 

I'm a fairly competent player and Challenge 6 in Vanquish took me a solid 12 to 14 hours to finish, with over 100 failed attempts. I always chuckle when people on this website try to be modest, and I can definitely say Wolfenstein II is a considerably more difficult platinum solely because of Mein Leben.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 07/08/2021 at 11:17 PM, Shorah- said:

Just for fun, i watched 15 top achievers on a few games like trackmania turbo. I can guarantee a lot of them didn't do it legit.

You can't flag them, but there is no way so many players can one shot gold medals almost all 200 tracks. 

Gran turismo sports is also a good candidate for buyers.

Guys like GEORaGEous with fast achievers on hard games like yakuza 0, tm turbo, with a profile full of garbage games. I don't believe that.

You can still have a lot of easy/fast platinums while also having some legitimate hard platinums in the mix.

Alongside the fact that people are really getting gud at Mein Leben, there is a rampant selling market for platinums of this game. 

So if you legit achieved it, just cherish that moment for yourself and don't worry about the metrics of rarity. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2021 at 0:30 PM, AMU-LOVE said:

Do people really keep track of there ultra rare trophies rarity after earning them? Why!?‍♂️

Ask psnprofiles why they put such thing, naturally the longer we trophy hunt this would happen, it's fine :) 

Some people here took it the wrong way about the subject, for me i took it as a possibility that this platinum somehow became easier, the higher percentage the easier it became so i came here hoping to hear that there is some sort of trick but nah...lol 

On 8/5/2021 at 10:30 AM, AMU-LOVE said:

Do people really keep track of there ultra rare trophies rarity after earning them? Why!?‍♂️

I occasionally like looking at my rare plats to see if more people have earned them.

I like trophies in general, even if I'm not the one getting them, nice to see people plat tough/good games 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/15/2022 at 6:38 PM, jaehyun1009 said:

I feel that as time goes on, more people come up with better strats for harder sections of the game.

This is just an example but this came out last year and I've had far more success with my runs than I have using other guides. 

I love this video.. just watched the entire thing 

will use it whenever I get around to playing this 

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, stpatty said:

Thanks to this thread I've just been on ebay and seen the various trophies for sale. What a shite state of affairs.

There is a lot of people who pay random people on the internet to get a platinum in different games.  Very sad people imo. 🤣 nobody cares lol.

• Like 2

I don't agree that platinum rarity decreased because of people buying trophies. Maybe some do, but still.

Lately, there was a lot of new videos about this platinum on Youtube. And I assume that many people, like myself, got inspired by them. Some new players, some returning.

Also, there are new tricks and strategies that trivialised most of the encounters in the game. Mein Leben become MUCH easier.

I don't like to see the decrease in rarity because it is cool to have a rare platinum, but I think it's legit (mostly).

• Like 4