Sleeping Dogs on PS5

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve just started this a week ago (and almost got the 100% completion at the time of writing this) on PS5. The loading is VERY janky when trying to continue a game. At its worse it’d crash about six or so times in a row before deciding it’ll load in to the game. Just keep restarting it and eventually it behaves itself!

• 3 months later...

What I find works is to keep spamming the X button until the save starts to load. It might also have something to do with what software was played beforehand, (PS5 or PS4 game), but even then it is still completely random.

Edited by numist99
Forgot something when originally writing

Don't own a PS5 yet myself but is there any settings that you can alter for the PS4 side of the hardware? Something similar the PS4 Pro's Boost Mode that when enabled on games can cause bizarre side effects to some games.

I'm trying to also recall the article I read here for a game that wouldn't launch unless you lowered your video output resolution, that could be something else to look at to get Sleeping Dogs running.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, MajorasMasked said:

Are there still problems on PS5?

or is it patched :)

I played it about a month ago on the PS5 and the only issue I had was the main menu was really laggy, almost like it's about to crash, but once you loaded your save and got into the main game it was fine. I had an old PS4 save already uploaded to my PS5 though, I know people are saying the crashing mostly happens when you start a new game/new save so keep that in mind.

It looks noticeably bad on PS5 too, very grainy resolution so I'd recommend playing it on the PS4 anyway for that reason. 

9 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

I played it about a month ago on the PS5 and the only issue I had was the main menu was really laggy, almost like it's about to crash, but once you loaded your save and got into the main game it was fine. I had an old PS4 save already uploaded to my PS5 though, I know people are saying the crashing mostly happens when you start a new game/new save so keep that in mind.

It looks noticeably bad on PS5 too, very grainy resolution so I'd recommend playing it on the PS4 anyway for that reason. 

I have no PS4 anymore??

10 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

Damn this is why I kept my PS4. Thanks

Yeah, when I heard about this I re-installed the game on my External HDD (brought over from my PS4) on my PS5, download my Save since I had already played it a bit on PS4 back in the day, and didn't have issues personally. I heard it is specifically when you start a New Game and sadly the Devs shut down a long time ago now so I wouldn't expect a Patch... I did see it for like $3 though on the Microsoft Store and just downloaded it to my Xbox Series X specifically because of this issue (and I think it may have been FPS Boosted as well, not 100% sure on that though actually ?‍♂️)

Edit: Indeed it has been FPS Boosted on XsX... I thought there was a reason I bought it on Xbox (besides only being $3 which is a steal for this game to be fair ?)

8 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

They should add the 60fps update like on Series X and make it work properly on PS5.

The Boosts are done my Microsoft themselves, not the Devs/Pubs so that won't happen... What we need is Sony to put together their own BackCompat Team like Microsoft had

Edited by MRR---OFFICIAL