Platinum locked?

Xugoshi

Yo yo! So I just finished all the trials which is the last trophy I need for the plat, but it didn't pop. I have the latest update with Annie but I haven't bought her yet. Anybody in the same boat? Do I need to buy the dlc in order to unlock the plat? I figured the dlc trophies wouldn't hinder the trophies from the base game although correct me if I'm wrong. Has this happened to other games? In which you need to buy the dlc in order to unlock the plat but not before the latest update for said game? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xugoshi said:

Has this happened to other games? In which you need to buy the dlc in order to unlock the plat but not before the latest update for said game? 

The only game that comes to mind is Eye of Judgment. You needed to buy two DLC packs that were $10-$15 each to earn the platinum.

I'm sure there's a few other games like this too. I know nothing about Skullgirls though, sorry.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Helyx said:

The only game that comes to mind is Eye of Judgment. You needed to buy two DLC packs that were $10-$15 each to earn the platinum.

I'm sure there's a few other games like this too. I know nothing about Skullgirls though, sorry.

Whoa! Thanks for the fast reply! Good to know there other games with the same issue, guess I gotta get the dlc then...?

You don't have to get the DLC just yet, this advice might be relevant to you:

Try to downgrade the game and then you might be able to get the trophy. Maybe it'll require you to re-do a trial in order to make the trophy unlock if your save file still works on version 1.00. If this doesn't work and you don't want to re-do the trophy from scratch then you'll probably have to finish Annie's trials though. It's a load of bullshit when games do this, I'm pretty sure game developers also aren't allowed to force base game trophies to require DLC in order to unlock them. It might get patched in the future to rectify this, but the immediate solution could be downgrading the game to 1.00.

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Xugoshi said:

Yo yo! So I just finished all the trials which is the last trophy I need for the plat, but it didn't pop. I have the latest update with Annie but I haven't bought her yet. Anybody in the same boat? Do I need to buy the dlc in order to unlock the plat? I figured the dlc trophies wouldn't hinder the trophies from the base game although correct me if I'm wrong. Has this happened to other games? In which you need to buy the dlc in order to unlock the plat but not before the latest update for said game? 

20 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Another one that comes to mind (and another fighting game at that) is The King of Fighters XIV. To get 100% on the gallery you need the DLC characters and costumes, you can however use the replay feature to watch back matches of the DLC characters to pop the pieces of artwork to unlock in the gallery. Alternatively, you can just ask someone with the DLC to also help out with the characters artwork.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sergen said:

You don't have to get the DLC just yet, this advice might be relevant to you:

Try to downgrade the game and then you might be able to get the trophy. Maybe it'll require you to re-do a trial in order to make the trophy unlock if your save file still works on version 1.00. If this doesn't work and you don't want to re-do the trophy from scratch then you'll probably have to finish Annie's trials though. It's a load of bullshit when games do this, I'm pretty sure game developers also aren't allowed to force base game trophies to require DLC in order to unlock them. It might get patched in the future to rectify this, but the immediate solution could be downgrading the game to 1.00.

It's alright, I was gonna get the dlc anyway at some point, just not this early. Imma get the dlc tomorrow and see how it goes. Hopefully the update didn't glitch out the plat in any way shape or form. 

Just now, Xugoshi said:

It's alright, I was gonna get the dlc anyway at some point, just not this early. Imma get the dlc tomorrow and see how it goes. Hopefully the update didn't glitch out the plat in any way shape or form. 

Yeah the DLC still got new trophies so it won't hurt to buy it. I guess if I start this game and you find out that you must complete Annie's trials for the trophy, I'll be doing that trophy on version 1.00 if I ever get around to this game.

• Like 1

So, if you wait to get the plat until all the dlc is released then you will have to do the trials of even the dlc chars to get the plat? Ouch...

I think that Lego Worlds is the same, I think I read that the trophy to have all the golden bricks now include the DLC ones...

• Like 1

Just now, DeepEyes7 said:

So, if you wait to get the plat until all the dlc is released then you will have to do the trials of even the dlc chars to get the plat? Ouch...

I think that Lego Worlds is the same, I think I read that the trophy to have all the golden bricks now include the DLC ones...

I can't confirm if the dlc is required YET for the plat, and I can't ask anybody post update because the latest platinum achiever was way back on the 14th of July! I will update on the situation though, if it is indeed a fact that you need the dlc for the plat, or worst case scenario the update glitched the plat then a warning needs to be issued to anyone attempting to plat this game.?

• Like 1

The fuck?

They wait what, 6 years to have a DLC, a single character overpriced at 10 euros, a season pass (number 1, because of course it cannot end there) at 35 euro, much more than the base game without discounts, and then they ransom you the plat, until you cave in and pay their dishonest prices? I’m fucking glad that those pieces of shit never got real attention at EVO, this is beyond EA and Activision. Goddamn it, it was 6 years old, no online trophies and no DLCs at the time I bought it, then they even go as far as locking the plat.

Can this “splendid” people be contacted somewhere? Maybe it was an oversight, or be forced to admit it was an oversight.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

The fuck?

They wait what, 6 years to have a DLC, a single character overpriced at 10 euros, a season pass (number 1, because of course it cannot end there) at 35 euro, much more than the base game without discounts, and then they ransom you the plat, until you cave in and pay their dishonest prices? I’m fucking glad that those pieces of shit never got real attention at EVO, this is beyond EA and Activision. Goddamn it, it was 6 years old, no online trophies and no DLCs at the time I bought it, then they even go as far as locking the plat.

Can this “splendid” people be contacted somewhere? Maybe it was an oversight, or be forced to admit it was an oversight.

Doesn't help either that her trials have the longest combo strings out of all the characters! Hopefully they won't ask Sonicfox or Justin Wong to design their trials in the future!?

11 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Another one that comes to mind (and another fighting game at that) is The King of Fighters XIV. To get 100% on the gallery you need the DLC characters and costumes, you can however use the replay feature to watch back matches of the DLC characters to pop the pieces of artwork to unlock in the gallery. Alternatively, you can just ask someone with the DLC to also help out with the characters artwork.

Ive heard that Granblue vs is the latest that need dlc to get platinum

https://amp.reddit.com/r/GranblueFantasyVersus/comments/n867zq/gbf_vs_glossary_trophy_currently_requires_you_to/

Edited by Vergil
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Well if its true that you need to do Annies , what's stopping the need to do other dlc characters also??

https://youtu.be/6QVFYoQ4_KM

Have fun lol

Bruh, why you gotta do me like that!?? For real though, only thing Annie's trials has going for are the long combo strings which require muscle memory. Not too bad personally speaking, Already beat 2 of her trials and getting the hang of her third one. Bro you know them USF4 trials were WAAAY worse than these!?

4 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Be happy you don't have to figure out Annie 3 by yourself lol It broke my brain.

Are you by chance referring to how one should connect the Gravity Slingshot? I already figured that one out because the game is generous in that you don't have to follow the combo's to a T, which is nice! Otherwise my brain would've exploded too lol!?

7 hours ago, Vergil said:

Ho sentito che Granblue vs è l'ultimo che ha bisogno di dlc per ottenere il platino

https://amp.reddit.com/r/GranblueFantasyVersus/comments/n867zq/gbf_vs_glossary_trophy_currently_requires_you_to/

From PowerPyx:

https://www.powerpyx.com/granblue-fantasy-versus-trophy-guide-roadmap/

Warning: The trophy “Granblue Know-It-All” was patched to now also require all DLC characters! However, if you play the non-updated disc version you can get it without the DLC characters (disconnect console from internet so it can’t download the patch). If you own the digital version it automatically downloads the patch, so you’d have to buy the DLC characters to earn platinum.

1 minute ago, DeepEyes7 said:

mmmm, hope then the Season Pass will be as cheap as the game get on sales...

I also highly doubt there will be a season 2. Only reason it got back to EVO was because of the netcode. Now that things are slowly getting back to normal in most places of the world, so too will Skullgirls relevance in the FGC.

3 minutes ago, Xugoshi said:

I also highly doubt there will be a season 2. Only reason it got back to EVO was because of the netcode. Now that things are slowly getting back to normal in most places of the world, so too will Skullgirls relevance in the FGC.

It seems than adding DLC now years later is getting popular, I know that "Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai" isn't as old as "Skullgirls 2nd Encore" (Just three years old), but they just added DLC content too... Gladly no extra trophies... Well I wouldn't had minded, I like that game...

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1056-CUSA06733_00-KOIHIMEADDVER3US

Edited by DeepEyes7
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

It seems than adding DLC now years later is getting popular, I know that "Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai" isn't as old as "Skullgirls 2nd Encore" (Just three years old), but they just added DLC content too... Gladly no extra trophies... Well I wouldn't had minded, I like that game...

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1056-CUSA06733_00-KOIHIMEADDVER3US

What if its the same with that , need to do extra characters challenges too :0

Edit: right you need 1.0 either way for Divine combo trophy lol

Edited by Vergil
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ScyMantis said:

From PowerPyx:

https://www.powerpyx.com/granblue-fantasy-versus-trophy-guide-roadmap/

Warning: The trophy “Granblue Know-It-All” was patched to now also require all DLC characters! However, if you play the non-updated disc version you can get it without the DLC characters (disconnect console from internet so it can’t download the patch). If you own the digital version it automatically downloads the patch, so you’d have to buy the DLC characters to earn platinum.

Yeah I had to uninstall and install 1.00 from the disc to get my platinum. The save data thankfully works on any version patched or unpatched, so I got it the moment I went into the Glossary.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio
  • Like 1