Setting up 4th PS3

LegendExeter

So in the past I set up my 3 PS3s with different email addresses.

However this time I want to set this 4th one up so it can also use my main account.  Noob question here, yet during set up I just choose the same email and password and that's it, no issues?

Is there anyway to synch it with the other system?  Or is it going to work like this, where the game save data will be on each individual console yet when you log in to either system on the main account my trophy information will be the same?

Anything I should know or be concerned about before I do this?

You can have 2 different PS3s activated on one account at any one time. So yes, you should just be able to log in normally to a secondary PS3. Logging in and downloading/starting a digital game should be enough, it has been for me in the past, but it might be best to manually activate it to be on the safe side (you can do this under account management while logged in on the system).

You can't really "sync" save data per se, but if you have PS+, you can upload your saves to the cloud, then download them onto the other system. Or copy them over using a USB stick, but some saves on PS3 are copy protected and can only be copied over the cloud.

Trophies will be shared between the consoles as long as you sync after earning them before turning off the console, and you're online in order to view them on the secondary console. I don't know if any issues could be caused by perhaps earning a trophy in a game on one system, then earning the same trophy on the other system if it's offline (for example), then going online with it. I just recommended remaining logged in at all times, whenever possible.

• Like 1

Sony doesn't give a crap ever since they restricted the games to 2 PS3’s. 

So you can have an INFINITE amount of consoles with the same account, but only 2 will have the ability to download and play your digital games. 

I regret not getting more PS3's and PS3 physical games before the price increased by a lot.. especially vita stuff..

• Like 2

AFAIK there's no way to make the consoles automatically sync with each other. The closest you'll get is if you start every gaming session with a trophy sync & save download, then finish with another trophy sync & save upload.

The main potential issues I see are:

1. You forget to upload save data or otherwise mess up with uploading/downloading the wrong way to overwrite a newer save with an older one.

2. You don't sync your trophies and they pop again on another console. This can usually be fixed by just doing a sync on both consoles, but you might run into issues if you then find one PS3 is not working or if your profile here is updated before syncing both consoles.

3. Also worth noting that 2 is the maximum number of PS3s you can have activated to play your games. So you can't gameshare with anyone or have any other of your PS3s play your digital games without deactivating one of your main PS3s first.

• Like 1

Ok peeps.

So I've formatted the drive last night to remove all the old user info then restored to default settings.  I've set up internet connection at home however it says when I try to log into PSN

"You cannot sign in to another user's sign in ID(email)"

So what do I have to do?  Contact Sony or go on to PSN.com and add a second system??  If so...how?  Any help is appreciated.

Mind you my other PS3 with my main account is fully powered down and not logged in at this time

Edited by LegendExeter

14 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

Ok peeps.

So I've formatted the drive last night to remove all the old user info then restored to default settings.  I've set up internet connection at home however it says when I try to log into PSN

"You cannot sign in to another user's sign in ID(email)"

So what do I have to do?  Contact Sony or go on to PSN.com and add a second system??  If so...how?  Any help is appreciated.

Mind you my other PS3 with my main account is fully powered down and not logged in at this time

Restore ps3 system  will work 

4 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

So I've formatted the drive last night to remove all the old user info then restored to default settings

I hope you remembered to manually deactivate each account before wiping the drive.

6 hours ago, demonviper666 said:

Restore system. By format everything and wiping system completely 

I did that by Formatting the Drive, unless there was some different step I was supposed to do.

5 hours ago, Helyx said:

I hope you remembered to manually deactivate each account before wiping the drive.

Well no, since I had no idea to do that.  I think before this was sold the seller had removed the original account information and probably set up a test account to check the device.  I could be wrong, yet there was no friends, no messages, and when I looked at trophies there was like 4 games all with practically 0%, so I'm thinking a test account or test user.

I did get it to work by the way, the step that I had not done was to Create an additional User, then I deleted the other User 1 on the profile, and then was able to log in with my PSN ID by hitting "Use Existing Account".  Still downloading an update, yet we are on to Monday and I'm at work so maybe at lunch I will get a chance to actually test its ability to read discs or play a game.

Can I ask a clarification here?

If 2 ps3 is the max for downloadable content or psn store games, can I still log on a 3rd console ps3 for disc games only?

Can I also have 2 ps3 with the same account and 1 ps4 with the same account on at the same time?  Or can I play them interchangeably with no issues?

I won't be on them the same time it's just my son is coming home and if I want to trofe hunt while he plays Minecraft then I need to go to ps3 number 3 or if I can't do that on a 3rd ps3 then I can get a ps4 IF that will work instead.