If your profile got banned from viewing on PSNProfiles, would you start over or switch sites?

VisibleBanana

I've often wondered but I'd probably switch sites at first though i imagine i would ultimately just throw in the towel with trophies. 

Might seem extreme but i can't visualise being thrown off the site, i don't see the accomplishment in cheating for a higher number, more impressive plats or more games even - as i loss in every aspect (through time, enjoyment and experience) so its harder to put myself in those shoes if that makes sense?

• Like 1

If I still have my forum profile atleast I'd stick around to get help and help others and just use psnt or something to actually track my trophies cause the other sites don't have the drama that would have gotten me kicked 

The fact there are enough people kicked off the site or whatever that this thread even exists is worrisome enough

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VisibleBanana said:

Hey guys, I'm curious to see everyone's opinions on this. If you were banned from viewing your profile on PSNProfiles, would you start over on a new profile or switch sites (TrueTrophies, etc.)?

I don't know but I see you started another new account and within a week started playing ratalaka.  Just can't help yourself. LOL

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

I don't know but I see you started another new account and within a week started playing ratalaka.  Just can't help yourself. LOL

I know, lol. I'm still going back and forth. It kinda feels empty on a new account, but I'm really into the rarity system and layout of PSNProfiles, so I feel like it wouldn't be the same if I used a different site on my original account. ?

38 minutes ago, VisibleBanana said:

Hey guys, I'm curious to see everyone's opinions on this. If you were banned from viewing your profile on PSNProfiles, would you start over on a new profile or switch sites (TrueTrophies, etc.)?

no. I'd just watch my trophies on my playstation. like a normal person

• Like 3

What did you get banned for?  What was your old profile?

Not sure what banning entails (only removal from leaderboards?  From posting?).  If so, I’d definitely stay and look at my profile that way.  It is for myself not others.  If that stops updating here, I’d use another site but it wouldn’t be as good.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, djb5f said:

What did you get banned for?  What was your old profile?

Not sure what banning entails (only removal from leaderboards?  From posting?).  If so, I’d definitely stay and look at my profile that way.  It is for myself not others.  If that stops updating here, I’d use another site but it wouldn’t be as good.

My old account got hacked and the guy put hacked trophies with future timestamps on my account which auto-banned it. I can't even view my profile on the site now. 

I would be pretty upset, even though I trophy hunt for my own enjoyment I worked pretty hard to reach the rank I'm at on the leaderboards and I would hate to lose that. None of the other sites feel as good as here so I don't know if I would move, I wouldn't make a new account though as I have far too much attachment to this one.

I am one of those who have been banned for trophy hacks years ago but that's a different story. I wish they would just remove me from the leaderboard but still allow me to maintain the profile. i just like to view my trophies for personal use, don't even care about leaderboards anymore.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HondaHoe said:

no. I'd just watch my trophies on my playstation. like a normal person

Agreed. I hunted trophies for almost 5 years before joining this site, and I would continue just fine without it. It is cool to see all the extra stats on here, but not essential. The enjoyment of playing games and developing my profile are all that really matters.