VisibleBanana

If you got banned from PSNProfiles, would you start over or switch sites?

45 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ShadeSplit said:

I already use True Trophies quite frequently.

 

 

You are one of the few. That place is a ghost town. I've tried contributing but I'm not l33t enough for them. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Floorkiller74 said:

 

 

You are one of the few. That place is a ghost town. I've tried contributing but I'm not l33t enough for them. 

 

It's a ghost town because it's clear even the owner of the site doesn't care about it and it's also loaded with ads that evade my adblocker which just pisses me off.

 

For me, I'd not really care.  I use multiple sites as it is and one of them covers many platforms that offer some form of achievement or trophy tracking.  The chances of me being banned are slim anyhow since I don't play MP and can't end up in a hacked lobby and I keep my PSN account secure.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not going to start over just because i can't view my profile on one site. PSNProfiles wasn't the first trophy tracker and certainly wont be the last. In a sense TT already has some features i really like using. Best of multiple worlds i'd say.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use another site for checking my trophies as is so being blocked from viewing my profile on here, whilst a pain in the arse, wouldn't be the end of the world.

Even in the event of a total ban from everything, I probably wouldn't go to the effort of setting up a new account. Every other trophy website forum is mostly dead.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t switch sites. I like the layout here the most and I’d still be able to lurk in the forum and read trophy guides.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a small community on Playstationtrophies.org, but that website is just rife with advertisements that completely evade my adblocker. I've had ads on there clutter up my screen to the point where I have to close down my browser because it is slowing my Windows 10 computer down.

 

I mostly go on there to check trophy guides for games that don't have one on PSNProfiles. I bookmarked the link directly to the main forum page on PST.org so I don't have to weed through the stupid advertisements every time I access that website.

 

It's not encouraging to newcomers, and if I had to pick I would pick PSNProfiles anyday over PST.org. It's far more convenient and it has the best trophy layout. Nobody else can compare.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd just keep going, not like I started trophy hunting because of PSNP or started it with PSNP

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

There is a small community on Playstationtrophies.org, but that website is just rife with advertisements that completely evade my adblocker. I've had ads on there clutter up my screen to the point where I have to close down my browser because it is slowing my Windows 10 computer down.

 

I mostly go on there to check trophy guides for games that don't have one on PSNProfiles. I bookmarked the link directly to the main forum page on PST.org so I don't have to weed through the stupid advertisements every time I access that website.

 

It's not encouraging to newcomers, and if I had to pick I would pick PSNProfiles anyday over PST.org. It's far more convenient and it has the best trophy layout. Nobody else can compare.

uBlock Origin is the one you want to use if you're still seeing ads. It blocks all of them on PST

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

100% would go to a different site, no questions asked. xD

 

But in all seriousness, I would start a new profile and would totally replay some of my favorite games for the plat again just for fun. 

Well you are on your way with all the Game Name changes that have been going on 😅

 

 

For me, if you got yourself banned once chances are you would get banned again. I dont think i would bother with another forum.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

 

 

You are one of the few. That place is a ghost town. I've tried contributing but I'm not l33t enough for them. 

 

It's good for a ghost town. I've talked with two people from that site outside of the site. In over ten years of using this site, I've never once talked with anyone outside of it.

 

8 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

it's clear even the owner of the site doesn't care about it

 

I feel as if you have your sites mixed up.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ShadeSplit said:

 

It's good for a ghost town. I've talked with two people from that site outside of the site. In over ten years of using this site, I've never once talked with anyone outside of it.

 

 

I feel as if you have your sites mixed up.

 

 

It's good for tracking trophies, but so is PSNP. I do like the different ways to filter trophies though- as long as they are kept up to date. I used to submit trophy flags there because games would go months without having them updated (Say, a games servers shut down) and I was met with attitude from a Moderator (It would also take them up to a month to even acknowledge that I submitted a flag). There are still incorrect trophy flags over there, but it's more of a pain to help out than it's worth. 

 

Not only does the owner not care about the site, I don't think the Mods do either. Its basically the same group that mods TA, and all their time and energy seems focused over there (Which makes sense, since it's A LOT more popular). I just feel the site was never allowed a chance to be anything more than what it is right now. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would walk away, feeling a deep sense of betrayal and stigma.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I did something so horrible that I got banned here, it would be on purpose to make sure I couldn't trophy hunt anymore. So I definitely wouldn't go elsewhere. 

 

I also tried other sites before coming to this one, and they were awful and elitist. Without this site, I probably never would have gotten into trophy hunting at all.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Floorkiller74 said:

 

 

It's good for tracking trophies, but so is PSNP. I do like the different ways to filter trophies though- as long as they are kept up to date. I used to submit trophy flags there because games would go months without having them updated (Say, a games servers shut down) and I was met with attitude from a Moderator (It would also take them up to a month to even acknowledge that I submitted a flag). There are still incorrect trophy flags over there, but it's more of a pain to help out than it's worth. 

 

Not only does the owner not care about the site, I don't think the Mods do either. Its basically the same group that mods TA, and all their time and energy seems focused over there (Which makes sense, since it's A LOT more popular). I just feel the site was never allowed a chance to be anything more than what it is right now. 

 

I'm not surprised. That's exactly why they don't care about the site. True Achievements seems to be one of the most popular sites. The guides on the site are actual guides. But since the trophy version never took off, there isn't much of a reason to bother with it. Yet the site still gets more updates/features than this one, so I find it comical to talk about an uncaring site owner here.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LukeTheGooner said:

I would unban myself

 

I wish, lol. 

 

28 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

If I did something so horrible that I got banned here, it would be on purpose to make sure I couldn't trophy hunt anymore. So I definitely wouldn't go elsewhere. 

 

I also tried other sites before coming to this one, and they were awful and elitist. Without this site, I probably never would have gotten into trophy hunting at all.

 

Unfortunately it wasn't my fault. My account got hacked. 

 

As crazy as it sounds I might just keep going with my new account. I feel dirty having hacked trophies on my account, way too many unfinished games/unearned trophies, and my OCD like tendencies are leading me towards sticking with the fresh start. Re-completing certain games will just suck (not that I have to, but that damn OCD obligates it).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShadeSplit said:

I feel as if you have your sites mixed up.

 

While it is clear that Sly doesn't care much about PSNP, it's not nearly as bad as TrueTrophies is.  You can see the owner doing stuff with TrueAchievements and TrueTrophies is passed up.  Also TrueTrophies started with the owner not caring so it never really got any sort of community.  This site at least has a community that keeps the site going and active.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, VisibleBanana said:

 

I wish, lol. 

 

 

Unfortunately it wasn't my fault. My account got hacked. 

 

As crazy as it sounds I might just keep going with my new account. I feel dirty having hacked trophies on my account, way too many unfinished games/unearned trophies, and my OCD like tendencies are leading me towards sticking with the fresh start. Re-completing certain games will just suck (not that I have to, but that damn OCD obligates it).

That's a bummer. I've been hacked before too. I got lucky that I had email alerts setup on my phone, so I got notified as soon as they bought something and was able to shut it down pretty quickly. They still spent about $200 before I could do anything, but luckily Sony refunded it all. I was able to change my password quick enough that they only earned one trophy, and I eventually ended up hiding it. I've had 2-step authentication as long as it's been around and I just buy PSN cards or immediately delete my credit card info after buying. I'd definitely recommend doing the same. It's a pain, but it makes the account more secure.

 

Idk how much damage they did to your account or how many games you had on there, but I would probably just start over too. I recently made a secondary account just because there's a lot of games I wanted to re-plat and it's been pretty fun having a reason to go back and replay stuff.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ExHaseo said:

That's a bummer. I've been hacked before too. I got lucky that I had email alerts setup on my phone, so I got notified as soon as they bought something and was able to shut it down pretty quickly. They still spent about $200 before I could do anything, but luckily Sony refunded it all. I was able to change my password quick enough that they only earned one trophy, and I eventually ended up hiding it. I've had 2-step authentication as long as it's been around and I just buy PSN cards or immediately delete my credit card info after buying. I'd definitely recommend doing the same. It's a pain, but it makes the account more secure.

 

Idk how much damage they did to your account or how many games you had on there, but I would probably just start over too. I recently made a secondary account just because there's a lot of games I wanted to re-plat and it's been pretty fun having a reason to go back and replay stuff.

 

I definitely plan on using 2 step going forward. I know I can just hide/ignore the hacked trophies, but they'll always be in the back of my mind. It's just a pain that this happened when I've had the account for so long. I've been dabbling with using the account with TrueTrophies, but it's just not the same to me. Stupid as it sounds, the layout, milestones, unique rarity, etc is a big part of the enjoyment of trophy hunting for me, so it feels less rewarding using a different site after all this time. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd just find another tracker, there are several. TrueTrophies is one of them, but yeah. The active part of the community over there is rather aggressive and there is otherwise no activity to speak of.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.