PS5 upgrade is here

GizMo_The_Great

So the PS5 upgrade released today. I can confirm it is free to download for people who purchased the PS4 version through the original TSW games menu.

I don’t remember having any issues on the PS4 version, but the PS5 version runs smooth and looks great. But again, it’s not like the PS4 version didn’t.

Edited by GizMo_The_Great
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Is the upgrade even worth to buy? I've owned the collecters edition on disc so I have no option to upgrade the game for free. 

But beside that are there any differences/improvements to the PS4 version running on a PS5? When watching videos on youtube I can still see the short "shadow range" and the head light range also joke like in Bakerloo Line. 

Will future updates still come for the PS4 version or will be the PS5 version the only supported version in future? 

Edited by I3arbiQ

6 hours ago, I3arbiQ said:

Is the upgrade even worth to buy? I've owned the collecters edition on disc so I have no option to upgrade the game for free. 

But beside that are there any differences/improvements to the PS4 version running on a PS5? When watching videos on youtube I can still see the short "shadow range" and the head light range also joke like in Bakerloo Line. 

Will future updates still come for the PS4 version or will be the PS5 version the only supported version in future? 

You should have the free PS5 upgrade - anyone who bought the game physically or digitally got the update, you just have to have your disc in the drive and then search for Train sim World 2 - there's an issue with the listing atm and it's not showing the PS5 version unless you search for it...

The only difference is that it's now 4k at 60fps, I think it was 4k/30 via the 4k option on the PS4 version. There may be other graphical upgrades but I've not seen anything majorly different. Loading times are faster as well.

5 hours ago, turniplord said:

You should have the free PS5 upgrade - anyone who bought the game physically or digitally got the update, you just have to have your disc in the drive and then search for Train sim World 2 - there's an issue with the listing atm and it's not showing the PS5 version unless you search for it...

I did, have to pay 29,99€ with the disc inserted. Therefore i thought that the free upgrade isn't available for me.

5 hours ago, turniplord said:

The only difference is that it's now 4k at 60fps, I think it was 4k/30 via the 4k option on the PS4 version. There may be other graphical upgrades but I've not seen anything majorly different. Loading times are faster as well.

Okay, really 30 FPS? I've played it a long time on the first generation PS4 and since I'm playing on PS5 I have the feeling it runs on 60FPS. Have to check it somehow.. Loading times aren't interesting for me.

And okay, no major graphical differences. Exactely how I'm feeling about.