Everything you need to get kill/flip trophies

SkyAlpha15

Hello, I've just finished to earn all the trophies (base game and DLC's) and as I've seen many people struggle for the following trophies, I thought it would be a good idea to make this cristal clear. Also, you'll find below a list of all Informants and Bosses with their respective district. I hope it can help :)

Trophies concerned :

:bronze: The New Boss : Flipped 16 Racket Bosses.

:bronze: Live Another Day : Recruited 15 Racket Informants.

:bronze: No Loose Ends : Killed all of the Racket Bosses.

:bronze: Can't Trust a Rat : Killed 15 Racket Informants.

How to flip/kill Informants and Bosses :

- In order to flip a target, you need to wiretap the area where the Informant/Boss is located. You do not need to wiretap the entire district.

- If you do not wiretap the area, you won't be able to flip them and they will be killed immediately. On your "kill them all" game, you don't need to wiretap a single location.

- If you realize you do not wiretap the area after engaging the fight, it's not a big deal. You can kill every ennemy and neutralize the Informant/Boss, wiretap and then flip him.

- Be careful, once you have hold Circle on the target, if the area is not wiretaped, your last chance is to close the app and do the activity again because you'll need to choose between killing or flipping the target. Press Cross (X) to kill or Circle (O) to flip a target.

Additionnal informations :

- I have counted a total of 20 informants but you only need 15 in order to unlock the trophy. You have a margin of 5 mistakes.

- Regarding Bosses, you do not have any margin, you either need to flip or kill them all. They are 18 in total but two of them can't be flipped (Merle Jackson and Chester Moreau). You have to flip or kill the 16 others. A mistake here and you're good for another run so be careful.

Below is a detailed list of every informants and bosses, listed by district and trafic typology.

Bold : name of the district.

• Trafic typology (number of informants).

→ District boss name.

List of Informants/Bosses :

Delray Hollows :
• Prostitution (no informants).

→ Merle Jackson (can't be flipped).

• Smack (2 informants).

→ Charlie Kincaid.

River Row :

• Union extortion (no informants).

→ Andy Turetto.

• Contraband (1 informant).

→ Roy Thibideaux.

Pointe Verdun :
• Moonshine (1 informant).

→ Carl Bevers.
• Protection (1 informant).

→ Sonny Blue.

Downtown :
• Construction (1 informant).

→ Jimmy Cavar.
• Blackmail (2 informants).

→ Frankie Bernard.

Tickfaw Harbor :

• Auto theft (no informants).

→ Junior Holland.

• Smuggling (1 informant).

→ Pops Holland.

Barclay Mills :
• Guns (1 informant).

→ Pete Santini.

• Garbage (1 informant).

→ Paul Simmons.

French Ward :
• Sex (2 informants).

→ Harry Robicheaux.
• Drugs (2 informants).

→ Doc Gaston.

Frisco Field : 
• Southern Union (2 informants).

→ Chester Moreau (can't be flipped).
• PCP (1 informant).

→ Bobby Bastian.

Southdowns :
• Black Market (1 informant).

→ Artie Higgins.

• Gambling (1 informant).

→ Johnny Peralta.

Warning : I highly recommand you to downgrade the game to version 1.09 before doing this because it is exempt of trophy bugs. In version 1.12 you'll need to do this in one sitting and any single bug will result in restarting from scratch. See the topic below in order to downgrade your game. Happy trophy hunting you all.

Edited by SkyAlpha15
  • Like 4

first of all, thanks for the guide. I'm about to start playing this game after owning it for years. I'm fortunate enough to have 1.09 stored in my external HDD so glitches won't be an issue.

I got an unrelated question, though. which one between kill and flip playthrough is more... fulfilling, ideal, accomplished, all that? I like to put down the game I'm done with in the best state (like lots of money, maxed upgrades, etc). I heard that Mafia III does not provide multiple manual save slots nor NG+ carryover so I want to save the 'better' playthrough for the second.

If memory serves, flipping bosses gives you more money, but I'm not so sure since it's been three years.

Money shouldn't be an issue, actually. When I cleaned up some DLC trophies last June, my save was from the killing all bosses, and I was able to obtain all DLC trophies just fine.

On your first playthrough, I recommend you flip (recruit) all bosses and informants, and share districts with all three underbosses (Vito, Burke, Cassandra) equally.

And, on your second playthrough, share all districts with just one underboss (I recommend Vito as he has better perks for you), and kill everything (bosses, informants, and the other two underbosses).

@xurdias

Edited by zizimonster

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

If memory serves, flipping bosses gives you more money, but I'm not so sure since it's been three years.

Money shouldn't be an issue, actually. When I cleaned up some DLC trophies last June, my save was from the killing all bosses, and I was able to obtain all DLC trophies just fine.

On your first playthrough, I recommend you flip (recruit) all bosses and informants, and share districts to all three underbosses (Vito, Burke, Cassandra) equally.

And on your second playthrough, share all districts to just one underboss (I recommend Vito as he has better perks for you), and kill everything (bosses, informants, and the other two underbosses).

@xurdias

thank you for your reply. two questions about your recommended playthrough:

- Will this (the kill everything path) lock me out of certain (non-trophy related) things, like upgrades, etc?

- Does this one underboss (whom I'm sharing district with) not counted towards kill everything trophy requirement?

I'm sorry if the questions are stupid. this being my first ever Mafia game, I try not to read too much of tips/guides in order not to spoil myself.

50 minutes ago, xurdias said:

- Will this (the kill everything path) lock me out of certain (non-trophy related) things, like upgrades, etc?

- Does this one underboss (whom I'm sharing district with) not counted towards kill everything trophy requirement?

- It will because each underboss has their own perks. Cars, weapons, etc. Depends on which underboss you keep alive.

- Vito is just my recommendation as I like his perks better than the other two. If you don't like Vito, you are free to share all districts with either Cassandra or Burke on your kill-all playthrough.

When you share all districts with just one underboss, the other two underbosses will riot against you, and there'll a mission to kill them both. This should be done on your kill-all playthrough for Just You and Me :bronze:.

Edited by zizimonster

• 4 months later...
On 04/01/2022 at 3:44 AM, crazyjake29 said:

if i have the disk, do i still need to downgrade? or can i just uninstall patch 1.12, then play the game offline?..

Your disc contains v1.0. And, yes, you still need to downgrade to v1.09 if you want the plat. :)

Edited by zizimonster