Obfuscate trophy card image and link URLs

Sly Ripper

They were blocking PSNProfiles trophy cards?

This is pretty cool, I wondered what good it would do until this post. :P

Yer it's frekin awesome lol most sites use the censorship options and put in other sites names which blocks out specific words though out the forum making the link incomplete so then the image/trophy card won't show. This is a way smart idea to get around it kudos sly.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That almost makes it worth posting on .com again with this trophy card just to be a dick to show them I still care. :D

That's actually what I've started to do a little bit. ;)

However, I've noticed the shortened URL trophy cards don't update on their own. Do I need to re-hide my card and put the new link into my signature every time I want to update the trophies on it? What're the chances of that being corrected some day?

That's actually what I've started to do a little bit. ;)

However, I've noticed the shortened URL trophy cards don't update on their own. Do I need to re-hide my card and put the new link into my signature every time I want to update the trophies on it? What're the chances of that being corrected some day?

Yep and zero chance, can't be done.

• 2 months later...

I don't understand it

mystichaldog.png

Well, certain little sites don't like to play with other little sites and they block anything that has the site name in it (including urls, images, etc...).

So, if you put your PSNProfiles.com trophy card in your signature on this other site, it shows as a broken image link because their server-side code changes the url from

https://card.psnprofiles.com/1/mystichaldog.png

to

http://card.***********.com/1/mystichaldog.png

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
How do you change trophies shown on Trophy Card?

You can only change it to most recent trophies, games, or platinums. From the home page while signed in, hover over your name in the top right corner to access the drop down menu. Go to settings, select one of the three options under "TROPHY CARD ICONS". Don't forget to hit "Save" at the bottom.

• 3 weeks later...