Can anyone explain the PS5 trophy trackers to me?

ItsAlwaysSunnyyy

I'm new to the game - I've played up to level 15 twice (2014 and 2019) and finally with the 14 day free play I've gotten hooked. I may not plat this until the PS6, but I actually love MMOs and don't mind the grind. Quick question though regarding trophy tracking. For the quests it tracks different numbers (A Realm Reborn = 3760, A Realm Awoken = 4100, etc and increasing). I'm currently at 1,010 and while I only noticed this last week it hasn't gone up. What is the number based off of?

Yeah those numbers are rather odd. I think I saw somewhere, where they are based on.

All the beat 'Main  scenario quest..'  trophies are based on patch content. So it easier to keep track of it in that way.

Realm Reborn is 2.0 (so the original release of the good version of FF XIV^^).

You will get this after getting to the lvl 50 MSQ (Main Scenario Quest) quests.

Then the next ones are patches 2.1 to 2.5 and 2.55 before getting to the first expansion Heavensward.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 7:11 AM, SirJacobFlames said:

Personally I keep track of it all through the in game achievement system. You can find all the PS5 achievements inside the FFXIV achievements menu and those would be more accurate. You can also pin those achievements in a separate list to easily keep track.

How do I pin trophies on PS5?

55 minutes ago, lionheartcs said:

How do I pin trophies on PS5?

You can't on PS5 I was referring to the achievements found in FFXIV itself. 

The game has a whole bunch of achievements many that don't have PSN trophies tied to them but a few do. Every PSN trophy has a corresponding achievement in FFXIV which is where I keep track of them. 

Once you're in the achievement menu press square and select pin then the achievement will be in your pinned list which is easier to find then mixed in with thousands of other achievements.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, KingSkovald said:

Do quest related trophies sync from PS4 to PS5?

If I switch to PS5 version after popping PS4 plat will they auto-pop or I'll have to create new character and complete the story once again?

Sort of. You need to complete a quest and any previously completed quest trophies will pop.
I dont think it even needs to be a main story quest, but I am not sure.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Shin-Alu said:

Sort of. You need to complete a quest and any previously completed quest trophies will pop.
I dont think it even needs to be a main story quest, but I am not sure.

Looks like it's better to make sure that I have at least one Endwalker story quest left before moving to PS5 (Endwalker will release by the time I'm done with PS4, only started last weekend)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/9/2021 at 3:12 AM, ItsAlwaysSunnyyy said:

I may not plat this until the PS6, but I actually love MMOs and don't mind the grind.

Hey, don't worry about it. I made a goal to plat this before Endwalker drops but those grinds for collectibles, FATEs and dungeons will probably be the death of me. Especially the collectibles since gathering 8000 rarefied items is such a chore. xD

Glad to see a fellow MMO nerd who knows that grinding is the name of the game in those types of games. Oh, and story, FFXIV deserves to get the story scenes watched at least once. ;)

On 9/10/2021 at 5:26 AM, Johnathan994 said:

Hey guys, as someone who played on the ps4, how to I make the switch to ps5 and will my trophies just pop? Do I just insert the ps4 disc into the ps5? 

I know it must be a stupid question but ff14 can be confusing sometimes :D

From what I know, you can just get the PS5 version for free if you have the PS4 version, you just download the PS5 launcher for free and log into your account from there.

Oh wait, you are using a physical version? :( Sorry, you have to buy the launcher then because the upgrade for free only is if you bought the PS4 version digitally. It's not that expensive, though, only $30. And no, you cannot use PS4 discs in a PS5, you have to get the PS5 version seperate, hate to bring such bad news. (If I am wrong, anyone can correct me, I am not omniscient and haven't paid much attention to the news.)

The trophies do not just pop, you have to do something in game to make them pop, this is common knowledge.

• Kill one enemy to make any Art of War trophies you qualify for pop.
  • Do one quest of any type to make all story-related trophies pop.
  • Craft or gather once to make all trophies related to leveling crafting or gathering that you qualify for pop.
  • Craft or gather one collectible to make any of the collectible trophies you qualify for pop
  • Do one dungeon or trial to make all qualified Thrillseeker trophies pop
  • Do one FATE to make all FATE-related trophies you qualify for pop
  • Unfortunately, you MUST redo the alliance raids or the final tier of normal/savage raids again to make those related trophies, so grab some buddies and do it. :(

I hope this helps and I apologize to anyone who answered these questions already.

Edited by winter_bird_22
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, winter_bird_22 said:

Hey, don't worry about it. I made a goal to plat this before Endwalker drops but those grinds for collectibles, FATEs and dungeons will probably be the death of me. Especially the collectibles since gathering 8000 rarefied items is such a chore. xD

Glad to see a fellow MMO nerd who knows that grinding is the name of the game in those types of games. Oh, and story, FFXIV deserves to get the story scenes watched at least once. ;)

From what I know, you can just get the PS5 version for free if you have the PS4 version, you just download the PS5 launcher for free and log into your account from there.

Oh wait, you are using a physical version? :( Sorry, you have to buy the launcher then because the upgrade for free only is if you bought the PS4 version digitally. It's not that expensive, though, only $30. And no, you cannot use PS4 discs in a PS5, you have to get the PS5 version seperate, hate to bring such bad news. (If I am wrong, anyone can correct me, I am not omniscient and haven't paid much attention to the news.)

The trophies do not just pop, you have to do something in game to make them pop, this is common knowledge.

• Kill one enemy to make any Art of War trophies you qualify for pop.
  • Do one quest of any type to make all story-related trophies pop.
  • Craft or gather once to make all trophies related to leveling crafting or gathering that you qualify for pop.
  • Craft or gather one collectible to make any of the collectible trophies you qualify for pop
  • Do one dungeon or trial to make all qualified Thrillseeker trophies pop
  • Do one FATE to make all FATE-related trophies you qualify for pop
  • Unfortunately, you MUST redo the alliance raids or the final tier of normal/savage raids again to make those related trophies, so grab some buddies and do it. :(

I hope this helps and I apologize to anyone who answered these questions already.

You rock dude, thanks a lot for the info <3