Game thoughts?

its_ArchroniX

What's everyone's opinion on this game? When I was browsing through the PS store I came across the complete edition for 10 euros and thought it looked pretty fun.

It looks like a mixture of Stardew Valley and Binding of Isaac and I really like the artstyle. I really like the element of having your own little shop.

Trophies seem doable and I'm not afraid of a challenge when it comes to them. I really like to be entertained by a game and earn trophies on the road.

• 1 year later...

It's a short fun experience. The progression of the game is very well done, it feels great to go to the dungeons, get money by selling objects and get better equipment to get deeper into the dungeons. You can finish the game in around 10-15 hours, which is also good so that you don't get bored of the cycle I mentioned above. For the combat system, you have many different weapons with individual attacks, but overall is quite simple and easy to learn. Overall I would say it's a good game, and getting the plat was fun because the perfect boss trophies were challenging enough, so I recommend that you play it if you find it on sale (I bought it for 3 euros)

• 2 weeks later...

Fun and easy game, keep an eye out for the perfect boss runs and the broom trophy. Before a boss open up the teleporter (where you can go back to the floor you used it on), when you take a hit or die against a boss quickly open the menu and go back to the titlescreen, enter the game and you should be in your home with the portal still outside. This way you can get the perfect runs and last hit with the broom in one sitting. Otherwise just play through and enjoy.

• 3 months later...

I'm not a fan of forced trophies, that makes us hate the game.

Trophies are a great way to give another goal (kill boss without losing life is a great example), but can also turn a fun game in a chore.

For me, kicking trees FEW HUNDRED TIMES is a chore. There is no reason to do it, since every few kicks you get 2-3 gold, which is nothing. The whole experience is totally worthless, and you can't even do it in one sitting since the used trees needs to reset.

Getting to 3rd level 10 times are a bad trophies as well, since I need 2-3 tries to beat every biom, and then I have NO reason to beat it again. It's a pointless grind.

Get money from banker 5 times is a bad trophy as well. Should be one. Banker shows relatively late in the game, and needs few days to pass between every action. I finished everything, but I made two deals with him. Now I need to grind.

10K enemies killed is wrongly adjusted as well. It is the rarest trophy in game and most players did everything else before it poped. So, doing the trophy requires to enter the game without fun fight mechanic and pointlessly kill A LOT of enemies, that doesn't even harm you since you have your endless gear. IT'S A CHORE.

Overall: 50% of the game trophies are quite fun, the rest is really not. I can force myself to 100% fun games, but the game isn't really fun to replay. Fighting is clunky, selling stuff takes ages. Not good for my taste.

Edited by NieSwiety
  • Like 1