Sabbath - Kinda Bloody Sabbath!

KindaSabbath

Well, damn.

You've popped up in my head more than a few times during your absence, and I was kinda hoping you were just on a beach with a cocktail this whole time, I'm quite saddened to hear that it's very much the opposite!

I'm sorry to hear about all the trouble - I know you're a supremely tough fella but nobody needs all that on them! I hope you know that your ability to tackle hardship, be it in gaming or real life, earns a fuckton of admiration. Wishing you the best, homie!

Yo, he said 8 kids...

• Like 3

I noticed your absence and was wondering if you were just taking a break from gaming or if real life was getting in the way. I'm saddened to hear about your struggles but I like how you're reacting through these tough times. You'll get there eventually. I don't have much power in my hands as far as trying to be helpful in this situation except being reachable and checking up on you from time to time. 

Shit happens but we can't let them define us, define who we are. I believe in you tho, I'm sure you're gonna figure it out. 

If you need a friendly ear in the meantime, feel free to reach out, through text or even vocal chat my friend. Wishing you a healthy and speedy recovery ?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

So after tomorrow I will be on bed rest for a bit - giving me plenty of time to catch up on everything PSNP related. I've had so many people reach out to me through DM - to check in on me and its hugely appreciated. To be honest I didn't think many would even notice my absence, I'm overwhelmed and if I haven't got back to you yet - I definitely will.

Even though I say, I don't tend to reel off all my problems publicly - anyone who has followed my checklist from the beginning, probably knows that I put it all in here - it's all me, who I am and what I love. The good, the bad and the ugly. I believe that this is the reason I have been lucky enough to make so many friends here and I'm very grateful.

I'll be aiming to respond to all @'s and comments over the coming weeks as I recover.

It's great to see you back man & as the others said do what you need to do for you until you get back at it. It seems like you have a lot going on but sounds like you will get through it as that's what you do. These threads are great to follow & this thread in particular is one of my favourites so I'm glad that you will be back soon.

• Like 1

Good to see you back, even if in limited capacity - reading your thread has been very entertaining and I do admit that I've checked up on your profile quite a few times this last month. It sucks to read that you've been going through some hardships - I do hope that things will take a more positive turn for you soon! 

• Like 3

Man, yesterday I checked both in here and your profile to see what you’d been up to (where the fuck you have been Sabbath) and was surprised to see a month of inactivity! Sorry to read about everything and I hope your situation improves and soon.

I don’t think I’ve actually ever posted in here before but I’ve sure as hell enjoyed reading along! Even random strangers notice your absence ? So formally, hello! You seem like the kind of guy with a lot of resolve, I’m sure you and the Sabbath family will fight through this. Stay strong brother ?

• Like 4

22 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Where the fuck have you been Sabbath?

Dude, I know I wrote you already, but I wanted to reinforce my support to you and your family, and curse lady luck once again for all the shit she's making you go through. However, you make a resilient impression, and I'm sure that you'll bounce back in no time. What's clear is that you have your priorities straight. 

You haven't been here too long, and still plenty of people noticed your sudden absence. I think that speaks for the impression you've left on us, and I hope that you can use that as a small motivator whenever you need something positive to think about :) (Not that you wouldn't have 9 positive things close to you to think about anyways ?) 

Also... dude, I will never again complain about my lack of time for myself having (only) one kid. :jaymon: 

Talk to you soon, and good luck with the OP! 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

Huge thanks to everyone for all of the moral support! I'm a little taken back by it to be honest! So many cool people on this site and I feel lucky to always have you guys in my corner!

Just wanted to to drop a quick update in here to say that I'm home from the hospital and my surgery went well! The road to recovery begins now. 

I will reply to everyone tomorrow as I'm high as fuck on all sorts of pain meds right now 1f602.png

I did see a comment about none stressful games in the meantime. Not gonna lie - I've been looking into Splasher while I was in the hospital 1f602.png looks reeeally fun. Maybe I'll do Crash Team Racing first, when I finally get back to playing games  maybe not though 1f601.png

Much peace and love to you all! 

That's good that everything went well! Here's hoping things do get better & you get back to getting into the games you wanna do again. You had something very interesting that I hope you go along with when you get to it. I hope you enjoy your next few games!

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, I was wondering where you had been.  I figured the recent debacle with the Trials save games forced some much needed time off gaming, but never guessed it would be IRL difficulties!

Much love dude, reach out if you need anything even if it's just a chat.

And 8 kids, wow!  Never will I complain again about having not enough free time, you definitely seem to have your priorities worked out and must be one efficient dude.

Get well!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

It'll likely be a while before I can play video games. 

As someone who has no other hobbies in my life - I really do wish you a swift recovery. I mean that half as low quality banter and the other half out of genuine concern as a surgery affecting you in such a way must have been very very serious.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KindaSabbath said:

It'll likely be a while before I can play video games. When I can though, I have no idea what I'll be starting with. Got a few on my radar though. The End is Nigh looks good 1f601.png

Yes! Man, at least someone that listens to me... TEiN is the best platformer I've played, though I wouldn't call it "relaxed" ? It is a very personal game (I mean personal to Edmund), where he deals with his agoraphobia, his anxiety, his depressions... He made the game while going through some really rough times, and it shows. But besides the stellar gameplay and top-notch level design, the game being that personal is something that really grabbed me. It's fantastic, and will definitely be featured in my "Favorite Games" list if I ever get around to writing it ?

Apologies for the split post but on mobile - I'm not sure how to quote people jumping between pages!

What you can do is click on the '+' symbol bottom-left of every single post you want to quote. That adds the post to a "quotation-pool", if you want. Once you have selected all the posts you want to quote (you can do this across pages), simply click on the "Quote x posts" in the bottom-right corner of the page. 

Appreciate the support Arc! Some one said to me when I first started trophy hunting -  "If you start tackling something you know is going to be difficult, and still expect to get it done quickly.. yeah, that just is an invitation for frustration." Crazy how much wise words like these can help, even outside of video games. I think those words will stay with me indefinitely and help in many areas of life in general.

"Some one", huh? ? Must be a really wise dude, that some one! ?

In all seriousness though... While obviously I said that within the context of trophy hunting, it definitely is something that holds true for anything you approach. I really am glad to hear that you could gain anything from my rambling back then ? Even though given your situation right now and how you are dealing with it, I think you have everything you need to deal with the toughest shit. 

As you wrote... keep that chin high. Hope to see you back in your best form soon! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Arcesius said:

What you can do is click on the '+' symbol bottom-left of every single post you want to quote. That adds the post to a "quotation-pool", if you want. Once you have selected all the posts you want to quote (you can do this across pages), simply click on the "Quote x posts" in the bottom-right corner of the page.

That was a schooling I didn't know I needed. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Yes! Man, at least someone that listens to me... TEiN is the best platformer I've played, though I wouldn't call it "relaxed" 1f605.png It is a very personal game (I mean personal to Edmund), where he deals with his agoraphobia, his anxiety, his depressions... He made the game while going through some really rough times, and it shows. But besides the stellar gameplay and top-notch level design, the game being that personal is something that really grabbed me. It's fantastic, and will definitely be featured in my "Favorite Games" list if I ever get around to writing it 1f602.png

I've already started my research, looks like I've got a new backlog entry?

• Like 1

On 14/11/2021 at 10:37 AM, GonzoWARgasm said:

As someone who has no other hobbies in my life - I really do wish you a swift recovery. I mean that half as low quality banter and the other half out of genuine concern as a surgery affecting you in such a way must have been very very serious.

Thanks Gonzo - Recovery is going well, I don't want it to sound worse than it is... Basically I had a nasty accident with alot of weight on my back, which literally snapped my shit up and tore some stuff that needed to be put back together. Long term I should be okay. I just need to be careful and take it very very easy while I heal. Bright side is I'm fucking bionic now - got some pins and some mesh and stuff.

On 14/11/2021 at 0:27 PM, Arcesius said:

Yes! Man, at least someone that listens to me... TEiN is the best platformer I've played, though I wouldn't call it "relaxed" 1f605.png It is a very personal game (I mean personal to Edmund), where he deals with his agoraphobia, his anxiety, his depressions... He made the game while going through some really rough times, and it shows. But besides the stellar gameplay and top-notch level design, the game being that personal is something that really grabbed me. It's fantastic, and will definitely be featured in my "Favorite Games" list if I ever get around to writing it 

Oh man, it looks so dope. It's on my list of games that I want to get around to much sooner than later. As soon as I can comfortably hold a controller and sit up pain free - I think I'll be installing this one.

Super helpful Arc, thanks man. Literally had no idea it was that simple.

"Some one", huh? 1f602.png Must be a really wise dude, that some one! 1f60e.png

Yeah, same guy who wrote the guide for Nex Machina ? - top bloke..

In all seriousness though, those words pushed me through my 12 hour slog when going at Hill Climb and they've definitely stuck with me through recent struggles. All banter aside - I'm very grateful bro.

Also, as @Destructor-8 has mentioned - I have a little challenge that I'm trying to put together for myself when I return. We've already discussed some of it through DM. There's a few things I'd like to run by you and maybe a couple others, too. Is it better to drop you a message on here or through the ps app?

On 14/11/2021 at 7:16 PM, YaManSmevz said:

I've already started my research, looks like I've got a new backlog entry1f604.png

We've gotta be careful my dude. The backlog grows stronger everytime I check ? 

• Like 4

Also, as @Destructor-8 has mentioned - I have a little challenge that I'm trying to put together for myself when I return. We've already discussed some of it through DM. There's a few things I'd like to run by you and maybe a couple others, too. Is it better to drop you a message on here or through the ps app?

Uh, now you've got me intrigued... ?

And yeah, of couse! No hesitation there. You can write wherever you want. I usually prefer PSNP cause here I can type on my laptop, I hate writing on the phone ? But both options are fine :) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

First of all.. It's great to see you holding that Dual Sense again! :D Not only that, but it seems like the game you chose for your comeback is one that managed to get your excitement going as hard as Trials did a while ago. Awesome stuff! 

14 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

I can literally boot this game up in the day and play it with my kids. The controls are simple and the game is fun - no matter who is playing or what level of skill they happen to be at the time. It’s vibrant, it’s banter, it has all of the bells and whistles with different modes to engage almost anyone. However - when the sleepy heads go to bed and the lights go out - I can sit down and play the same game in a completely different way… AKA the Time Trials! 

These are the best games, aren't they? Simple games that can be enjoyed casually, but that offer some sort of extreme yet fun challenge for those that want some of that stuff. And of course, you clearly belong to the main target audience, given your small army of kids and your thirst for moral-destroying challenges! :D 

14 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

This is a game that offers so much incentive to return long after acquiring the platinum trophy. I mean there’s a reason that @Shrooba and @LancashireLad87 are both back on this game right now grinding out the dev times long after trophy completion. These two lads are about to pull off one of the toughest feats I know of in video games by beating every single developer time in the game. To put that into perspective: CTR is fairly rated an 8/10 platinum, for which the difficulty is decided by having to beat Oxide in the Time Trials. The dev times are in a different fucking league. If they were required for the platinum - in my opinion that would make it a very rock solid 10/10. It’s pretty special to whiteness this being done first hand and be along for the ride. These guys are immense. So…

HUGE SHOUTOUT to the boys in the chat: @Destructor-8 @Shrooba @GonzoWARgasm@LancashireLad87

Like my journey with Trials, I find myself surrounded by the very best there is, to help guide me, offer me advice and steer me in the direction of improving my skills. Much love and much appreciated lads! 

Yeah and I can kinda imagine already that you will soon follow suit, won't you? ? I mean, you did the same thing with Trials, grinding for better times even besides trophy-requirements. It's a great thing, too. I recent memory, I can only think of a handful of games that grabbed me enough to keep my interest past the 100%. If this is one of those games, well then keep playing and grinding for as long as you are having fun! The next game you tackle might not be as exciting.. (unless you finally get to Nex Machina or Furi ffs.... ?)

In any case, great to see that also this time around you are being supported by awesome people, it makes this hobby so much richer to have people around to share one's experiences with! :D 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

So the time has come for me to dust off my game pad and get back to squeezing in some video games over the Christmas period. With things having calmed down a tad for me recently, I started eyeing up the perfect game to get back into the swing of things… I fancied trying my hand at a racing game and after many discussions with @Destructor-8, we narrowed it down to 2 options: Wipeout Omega Collection or Crash Team Racing - Nitro Fueled. Since as my experience with racing games is somewhat fuck all and completely limited to a little casual CTR and a bit of Mario Kart in my youth - an arcade racer is at least familiar ground. 

Although Wipeout and CTR are considered of equal difficulty in regards to trophy completion, Des thought Wipeout would be a bit more gradual in its learning curve and the least demanding of the two. So naturally, I went with CTR 1f602.png

HUGE SHOUTOUT to the boys in the chat: @Destructor-8 @Shrooba @GonzoWARgasm@LancashireLad87

Like my journey with Trials, I find myself surrounded by the very best there is, to help guide me, offer me advice and steer me in the direction of improving my skills. Much love and much appreciated lads!

Cheers man! It's been amazing watching how you've come onto the game only recently & are already doing things that usually take a long time to do. It seems you've picked up on it quick & I'm glad you are liking the game as much as you do. I knew this would be one that you would enjoy & now I think you'll like the other games that I recommended to you even more now. It's gonna be awesome to see what you do next!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Arcesius said:

First of all.. It's great to see you holding that Dual Sense again! :D Not only that, but it seems like the game you chose for your comeback is one that managed to get your excitement going as hard as Trials did a while ago. Awesome stuff! 

Thanks bro! On a side note - I think the Dual Sense is my favourite controller of all time! So it’s definitely is a blessing to be holding that bad boy again!

Also, exactly that! This game has me hyped just like Trials did - it is a must play for all Trials Heads out there! @det_gittes you’d love this one too mate! 

These are the best games, aren't they? Simple games that can be enjoyed casually, but that offer some sort of extreme yet fun challenge for those that want some of that stuff.

100% man. Games that offer massive replay-ability without unnecessary bloat.

It’s pretty special when a game can appeal to a variety of different gamers with varying play-styles and yet offer a wholesome experience for everyone. 

I’d actually love to know what other games out there would fit this category. 

And of course, you clearly belong to the main target audience, given your small army of kids and your thirst for moral-destroying challenges! :D 

? -  you’re on point twice here!

Yeah and I can kinda imagine already that you will soon follow suit, won't you? 1f602.png I mean, you did the same thing with Trials, grinding for better times even besides trophy-requirements. It's a great thing, too.

Maybe ? 

Thats the thing though. Both this game and Trials offer two things that I adore: a good challenge for the trophies, but, more importantly - a high skill ceiling. On both games you can get good enough to grab the completion, but that’s the entry point in terms of how far you can progress/improve. It’s a beautiful thing!

Oh and both games are insanely fun otherwise they wouldn’t hold my interest, of course ?

recent memory, I can only think of a handful of games that grabbed me enough to keep my interest past the 100%. If this is one of those games, well then keep playing and grinding for as long as you are having fun!

I’m listening? Which games got you like that Arc? You have great taste so you’ve piqued my interest?

The next game you tackle might not be as exciting.. (unless you finally get to Nex Machina or Furi ffs.... 1f61c.png)

Nex & Furi ? 

I will get to these soon for sure! Problem is - I take my sweet ass time with games! I suppose that’s a good indication that most of my picks end up being exciting, at least ?

In any case, great to see that also this time around you are being supported by awesome people, it makes this hobby so much richer to have people around to share one's experiences with! :D 

It really does mate! But hey man, I think I speak for everyone when I say there’s an invitation waiting for you if you decide to jump in on the action! Since as you’ve made good progress on the games you have open - if you decide to fire this one up - you’re welcome to hang out with us in the chat where we’re all hyping each other up and sharing our progress! Or just talking games in general ?

59 minutes ago, LancashireLad87 said:

Always a pleasure, that Hasty setup is looking fresh, shame I don't have the wheels or the skin otherwise I'd run that exact setup! I have at least another 10 non-trophy challenges I want to have a go at after CTR NF so that will definitely keep me busy and out of trouble ^^

Definitely mate! How do you get those items? In game challenges or do they just appear in the store?

What you got lined up after CTR? 

17 minutes ago, Destructor-8 said:

Cheers man! It's been amazing watching how you've come onto the game only recently & are already doing things that usually take a long time to do. It seems you've picked up on it quick & I'm glad you are liking the game as much as you do. I knew this would be one that you would enjoy & now I think you'll like the other games that I recommended to you even more now. It's gonna be awesome to see what you do next!

Bro, wherever there is solid gameplay on offer - I will put that time in to get the most out of it! Plus wherever there is Time Trials - I’m all in ?

I’m pumped for what’s next. I trust your recommendations and even with how difficult some of the challenges are in the games you’ve suggested to me. I’m confident it will be a fun and rewarding experience!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KindaSabbath said:

Also, exactly that! This game has me hyped just like Trials did - it is a must play for all Trials Heads out there! @det_gittes you’d love this one too mate! 

Ehm, the first thing I did after I read your previous update on CTR was check psprices to see if the game is on sale and when I noticed it isn't, I put it on my wishlist. I meant to write something to that effect here, just haven't gotten round to it yet :D  ?

But most of all, I am glad to hear that things are (slowly) improving for you, that's great! On my end things have slowed down considerably as I've had more work than usual (it will only get worse ;)) and we've been battling some health issues, too (out of the blue, my wife developed back problems which already grounded her for three weeks), but I have been having quite a lot of fun with Returnal for the past month or so and I intend to take it to 100%. I also got Riders Republic which I played for a while but then I got into Returnal, so I am taking a break from it (but it's quite a lot of fun and I will be definitely going back to it).

And, surely, I haven't abandoned Trials :D I only play Trials on my laptop, though, and I've gotten more comfortable with level 3 ninjas, so who knows, maybe level 4s are still in the picture for me ;)

• Like 1

@KindaSabbath It's definitely incredible that you've already beaten several Velo times -- and even a dev time -- a week into playing the game, that's great potential right there! It's been great having you around and seeing your progress. You'll get the plat in no time, and Velo and the devs await, you've got this! ?
If you ever need more help, always remember that you've got a great group of us to give some sweet advice. ?

• Like 2