Sabbath - Kinda Bloody Sabbath!

KindaSabbath

Nicely done! ?? 

Looking forward to read about your journey through Fusion.

There won’t be a Helium to hold your hand in that game. That bike was just too OP. Now you have to do all the hard stuff with the actual motorbikes. ?

It will be another step up in difficulty, but now that you’ve done Rising, Fusion is definitely something you can do. 

Good luck! (When you get to it)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KindaSabbath said:

Thanks man! Yeah Fusion looks awesome. I think it's quite a bit harder than Rising, so Rising for you should be a breeze by the time you get around to it! 

There are some incredible checklists here. I'm definitely happy that I've started my own too, so that I can share my experiences and get involved/interact with other gamers. Everyone is super friendly in this forum so really enjoying my time here!

Do you have a checklist? It would be cool to follow your journey with Trials. You also have some insane completions mate, props!

Cheers! Yeah hopefully, I haven't played too much of Trials Fusion but I can imagine how hard it's gonna get. The good thing is as it's such a brilliant game, it doesn't frustrate me as much as other games, yet at least. It's going to be worth finishing though, it has the best intro menu I've ever seen in a game!

I don't currently have a checklist, although I plan on making one when I reach my 100th Plat as a reward type of thing. I need to clean my list up quite a bit though before then as I'm not far off. I want to make a pure racing checklist for all the hardest racing games & put each one in tiers of difficulty, enjoyment & quality. I will try to put in as much advice in it as well, so putting each game in tiers might also help people decide what to go for & what kind of challenge to expect. I might need to ask @Arcesius for advice in how to go about it maybe. I get great inspiration by quite a few amazing people on this site. 

• Like 1

Congrats, @KindaSabbath! Damn, that's a quick competion time for a newcomer to the series and such a massive game! Very well deserved 100% :) And most importantly, from all of your write-ups it's very clear that you enjoyed this game immensely. That is, in my opinion, the most important part :) 

Better yet... You still have Fusion to do! That game is, in many aspects, much better than Rising. I hope you enjoy it just as much! we'll be here to see you get through it :) 

Also... And this is only a suggestion... What about removing "Underwhelming" from your title? Come on, man, there is absolutely nothing underwhelming about the games you are playing and how you are documenting your progress ?

10 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

I might need to ask @Arcesius for advice in how to go about it maybe. I get great inspiration by quite a few amazing people on this site. 

Dude, I'd be willing to help in any way I can... But just so you know, I have absolutely no experience with blogs of any form.. My own checklist here is the first time I actually tried to keep something like this going, so I'm no expert in any way whatsoever ?

But yeah, if you need any help, you know how to find me :) 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 3

On 17/08/2021 at 8:57 PM, Baker said:

Nicely done! ?? 

Looking forward to read about your journey through Fusion.

There won’t be a Helium to hold your hand in that game. That bike was just too OP. Now you have to do all the hard stuff with the actual motorbikes. ?

It will be another step up in difficulty, but now that you’ve done Rising, Fusion is definitely something you can do. 

Good luck! (When you get to it)

Thanks dude! I'm getting the impression from everyone that I must play Fusion!

I can't disagree regarding the Helium, the thing grips like nothing else. Do you think some of the extreme tracks were designed with that in mind? Out of curiosity...

On 17/08/2021 at 8:58 PM, Destructor-8 said:

it has the best intro menu I've ever seen in a game!

I'm not sure why that excites me so much ?... Overall, that's my only gripe with Rising - The games menu, in general, is a convoluted fucking mess. 

On 17/08/2021 at 8:58 PM, Destructor-8 said:

I don't currently have a checklist, although I plan on making one when I reach my 100th Plat as a reward type of thing. I need to clean my list up quite a bit though before then as I'm not far off. I want to make a pure racing checklist for all the hardest racing games & put each one in tiers of difficulty, enjoyment & quality. I will try to put in as much advice in it as well, so putting each game in tiers might also help people decide what to go for & what kind of challenge to expect. I might need to ask @Arcesius for advice in how to go about it maybe. I get great inspiration by quite a few amazing people on this site. 

That would be amazing and I very much look forward to it! I haven't played too many racing games but there are a few that have caught my eye, mainly Crash Team Racing (loved it in my youth), Trackmania Turbo and Horizon Chase Turbo. I guess I lean more towards the Arcade Racers. Maybe I'd find a few more through your thread!

On 18/08/2021 at 7:29 AM, Arcesius said:

Congrats, @KindaSabbath! Damn, that's a quick competion time for a newcomer to the series and such a massive game! Very well deserved 100% :) And most importantly, from all of your write-ups it's very clear that you enjoyed this game immensely. That is, in my opinion, the most important part :) 

Appreciate it buddy! I'm not so sure about quick as it's by far my longest completion to date. I enjoyed every second of it, though.  It's easily my favourite game that I've played on my PlayStation, well tied with Aaero (it will never be dethroned ?)

Also... And this is only a suggestion... What about removing "Underwhelming" from your title? Come on, man, there is absolutely nothing underwhelming about the games you are playing and how you are documenting your progress ?

To be fair, that's probably not a bad idea. You see, there's a few reasons why I titled this checklist the way I did:

a ) I don't have many Trophies, so I was skeptical that other Trophy Hunters wouldn't take me seriously.

b ) Being new to Trophy Hunting - I really have no idea what my capabilities are. Thumper was my first Ultra Rare :platinum:, which was completely unintentional. I've always had a preference for tough games but the last time I had a home console was the PS3, back then I don't even think Trophies had been implemented properly, so getting all of the Trophies in the games I like - just wasn't something I knew if I'd be able to do or not.

c ) I'm totally shit with wordplay and couldn't think of anything decent lol.

Better yet... You still have Fusion to do! That game is, in many aspects, much better than Rising. I hope you enjoy it just as much! we'll be here to see you get through it :) 

So here we are.. with all that said above, now I'm contemplating starting my first game rated 10/10 in terms of difficulty. It's mad.

Edited by KindaSabbath
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

Thanks dude! I'm getting the impression from everyone that I must play Fusion!

I can't disagree regarding the Helium, the thing grips like nothing else. Do you think some of the extreme tracks were designed with that in mind? Out of curiosity...

I don’t think so. Maybe they put in the Helium as some sort of easy mode? I honestly don’t know. Just wait until you ride on the Rabbit in Fusion, and notice the difference. ?

I don’t know if you own Fusion already or it was just perfect timing but it went on sale today. ?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Baker said:

I don’t think so. Maybe they put in the Helium as some sort of easy mode? I honestly don’t know. Just wait until you ride on the Rabbit in Fusion, and notice the difference. 1f602.png

I don’t know if you own Fusion already or it was just perfect timing but it went on sale today. 1f601.png

I haven't read into Fusion a whole lot as of yet, but my understanding is that Gold Medals are not a standard requirement for all of the tracks. Maybe the Helium (definitely an easy option) was added to balance the challenge of having to Gold everything in the game? 

I haven't purchased it yet so that is incredible timing lol... Seems like everything is pointing me in the direction of Fusion ?

Edit - It looks like most of my wishlist is on sale:

Screenshot_20210818-115220_PS App

Rip wallet, long live the backlog!

Edited by KindaSabbath
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

I haven't read into Fusion a whole lot as of yet, but my understanding is that Gold Medals are not a standard requirement for all of the tracks. Maybe the Helium (definitely an easy option) was added to balance the challenge of having to Gold everything in the game? 

I haven't purchased it yet so that is incredible timing lol... Seems like everything is pointing me in the direction of Fusion 1f602.png

I don’t think so. ? Getting Gold medals in Rising is a lot easier than Fusion. So there was no need to put the Helium in it. But I think you only need 24 in Fusion. You will earn that without even trying. 

The difficulty in Fusion is because you need to beat all track challenges in the base game, and some of them are tough as nails. Plus it has some very difficult (Redlynx to the Sword) and frustrating (Anger Management & Speedcuber) DLC trophies.

But because you have done Rising you will blast through the majority of this game without trouble. And only a couple of things, which are definitely harder than anything in Rising, will give you some trouble.

Good luck!

Edit: And get Trials of the Blood Dragon out of that wishlist! ?

Edited by Baker
  • Like 2

With all the muscle memory from Rising, it might not be such a bad idea to start Fusion, unless you need a break :D And as @Baker said, getting Gold medals will not matter much in Fusion (not to mention Platinums, which are never directly required, though some challenges will effectively force you to get some). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Dude, I'd be willing to help in any way I can... But just so you know, I have absolutely no experience with blogs of any form.. My own checklist here is the first time I actually tried to keep something like this going, so I'm no expert in any way whatsoever 1f605.png

But yeah, if you need any help, you know how to find me :) 

Cheers, I guess it's probably something that I'll just improve as I make it. I know you & @Baker have really good checklists. I usually enjoy checking up a few here on the site, just I don't post too often. I think I'm wondering if I have to reserve a few posts before I publish it or maybe that's not needed but I'll see. I appreciate it though!

3 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

I'm not sure why that excites me so much 1f602.png... Overall, that's my only gripe with Rising - The games menu, in general, is a convoluted fucking mess. 

That would be amazing and I very much look forward to it! I haven't played too many racing games but there are a few that have caught my eye, mainly Crash Team Racing (loved it in my youth), Trackmania Turbo and Horizon Chase Turbo. I guess I lean more towards the Arcade Racers. Maybe I'd find a few more through your thread!

Yeah I haven't played Rising yet but after playing Trials Fusion for awhile, it's probably one of the best games out there & the quality is as good as it gets. I just remember the intro menu for the first time & that tells you what you are in for straight away. I need to go back to it at some point.

Oh cheers, yeah I've tried to go for as many as I can ever since I did Trackmania & I think it would be quite cool since I would try to compare the experiences as best I can between each game, so people would know what to expect going in. Also like the others said, for a relatively new trophy list you have some amazing games done & it looks like some very impressive games are on the way!

2 hours ago, Baker said:

The difficulty in Fusion is because you need to beat all track challenges in the base game, and some of them are tough as nails. Plus it has some very difficult (Redlynx to the Sword) and frustrating (Anger Management & Speedcuber) DLC trophies.

I'd be interested in what you & @Arcesius think on how you'd compare Rising in difficulty to other games since you guys have done them all. I do plan on doing Trials Fusion first & I've heard if I can do that then I'll be fine hopefully. I know Trackmania is not the same exact game but I still wonder if I'd find it harder in difficulty than that since I'm more comfortable with any style of racing. Although I guess since I'll do it after then maybe it's not even worth thinking about.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Destructor-8 said:

I'd be interested in what you & @Arcesius think on how you'd compare Rising in difficulty to other games since you guys have done them all. I do plan on doing Trials Fusion first & I've heard if I can do that then I'll be fine hopefully. I know Trackmania is not the same exact game but I still wonder if I'd find it harder in difficulty than that since I'm more comfortable with any style of racing. Although I guess since I'll do it after then maybe it's not even worth thinking about.

I think, and I think Arcesius will agree here, that I/we can’t really comment on this. Since we both did Trials Fusion first, Rising was an easy game for us. So I can’t really compare it to other games.

If you finish Fusion first, Rising will also be easy for you.

Personally I’ve easily spend well over 200 hours on Trials Fusion to get good at the game. Arcesius probably a lot less. ?

We also both thought Trackmania Turbo was a very difficult game. But neither of us have played many racing games in the past. For example my last racing game before TT was Gran Turismo 2. 

We also both think Fusion is harder than TT, but a lot more fun and less frustrating.

I hope you don’t mind answering for you @Arcesius and correct me if I’m wrong. ?

36 minutes ago, Baker said:

I think, and I think Arcesius will agree here, that I/we can’t really comment on this. Since we both did Trials Fusion first, Rising was an easy game for us. So I can’t really compare it to other games.

Personally I’ve easily spend well over 200 hours on Trials Fusion to get good at the game. Arcesius probably a lot less. 1f602.png

We also both thought Trackmania Turbo was a very difficult game. But neither of us have played many racing games in the past. For example my last racing game before TT was Gran Turismo 2. 

We also both think Fusion is harder than TT, but a lot more fun and less frustrating.

I hope you don’t mind answering for you @Arcesius and correct me if I’m wrong. 1f602.png

Yeah that seems to be what I've heard from others who have also done the game so it's nice to see more people say the same. I'll probably spend a lot of time on it anyway as I can see it taking far longer to get good at. It definitely seems harder as the skill required is much higher whilst it's also not a frustrating game, which I think is why it's so worth doing. Thanks!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

a ) I don't have many Trophies, so I was skeptical that other Trophy Hunters wouldn't take me seriously.

I was worried about this as well, but it seems like his little corner of the forums are definitely not like this.  Lots of support and building each other up, from what I've seen so far.

The games you are tackling right now look absolutely nuts!  And you are an older gamer, as well (same here), which is awesome.  Us old farts still have it, and really highlights the maxim "use it or lose it".

• Like 3

6 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

So here we are.. with all that said above, now I'm contemplating starting my first game rated 10/10 in terms of difficulty. It's mad.

Well if it makes you feel any better - Fusion is not much worse if you do Rising first. I did Rising first same as you (and its a better game imo) then after switching to Fusion it was easier from my experience. What makes these games hard is the start. Learning those deep mechanics can feel overwhelming at first but after you cross the barrier, it's a breeze. Since its almost an identical game mechanic wise, it will feel more like an 8/10 rather than 10/10. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Baker said:

Edit: And get Trials of the Blood Dragon out of that wishlist! 1f602.png

Funny how it's the only game not on sale... It's like you somehow have control over the psn store ???

6 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

Oh cheers, yeah I've tried to go for as many as I can ever since I did Trackmania & I think it would be quite cool since I would try to compare the experiences as best I can between each game, so people would know what to expect going in. Also like the others said, for a relatively new trophy list you have some amazing games done & it looks like some very impressive games are on the way!

It's a great idea mate! You should start it up soon, so we can all cheer you on as you close in on the 100 :platinum: milestone!

Also, thanks man. I'm just enjoying my games!

3 hours ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

I was worried about this as well, but it seems like his little corner of the forums are definitely not like this.  Lots of support and building each other up, from what I've seen so far.

The games you are tackling right now look absolutely nuts!  And you are an older gamer, as well (same here), which is awesome.  Us old farts still have it, and really highlights the maxim "use it or lose it".

Hey man, thanks for stopping by my thread. You have a really nice collection of games! You're right about this section of the site - all good vibes around here!

Too right we still got it bro. We gotta flex that experience, you see!! ??

3 hours ago, Miles said:

Well if it makes you feel any better - Fusion is not much worse if you do Rising first. I did Rising first same as you (and its a better game imo) then after switching to Fusion it was easier from my experience. What makes these games hard is the start. Learning those deep mechanics can feel overwhelming at first but after you cross the barrier, it's a breeze. Since its almost an identical game mechanic wise, it will feel more like an 8/10 rather than 10/10. 

Regarding Fusion, I'm not sure if I'm nervous or excited to be honest ?... I think you're the first person I've come across who prefers Rising, if I understood you correctly? I did personally rate Rising a 9/10 so I'd imagine Fusion could still be a 10 for me. I do understand what you're saying though - if I was to start Rising all over again, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't have as much trouble. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

I think @Baker actually described it perfectly: 

17 hours ago, Baker said:

Personally I’ve easily spend well over 200 hours on Trials Fusion to get good at the game. Arcesius probably a lot less. 1f602.png

I agree with pretty much every point he stated. But yeah, I didn't quite spend that much time with Fusion ? I needed 75 hours for the 100%, and then spent some more time playing the game to get at least a Gold Medal everywhere (although now that I think about this.. I don't remember if I managed to get one in Inferno IV...). 

Once I got to Rising... It felt very easy. To make a comparison, @KindaSabbath wrote that he needed longer to get Gold on "Hill Climb" than it took him to platinum Vanquish. That is because he was new to the game. Coming from Fusion, "Hill Climb" took me an hour, and that was the longest I spent on anything in that game, and I'm sure it would have been the same for him. 

Now, since you also asked about Trackmania Turbo.. let me put things in context. From all the games on my profile that I've completed (RIP Crypt), I would rank the most challenging ones as follows: 

S868752.png --> S148dc0.png --> S918efd.png --> Sa3790d.png

So yeah, Fusion was definitely really tough when I went for it, but it was such a joy to play. I didn't want to play other games while going for it.. It was just too much fun. And even the most difficult challenges were incredibly satisfying to go for. The second hardest trophy for example, RedLynx to the Sword, was probably the most fun I had with this game. Trying to beat thos insanely tight times was just so gooooood ?

As for Trackmania, that game was incredibly tough for me to get through. However, and as @Baker pointed out above, I had absolutely no experience with racing games. This was in fact my first racing game ever besides long evenings of Mario Kart with friends (which could get pretty competitive, too! ?) I believe that for someone with more experience with racers, the game might not be AS hard. I actually know some people on this site that had little trouble with the game, but it certainly was a nightmare for me. 

Speaking of which, I purchased Crash Team Racing and all Dirt Rally2.0 DLC during the last sale ?

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Once I got to Rising... It felt very easy. To make a comparison, @KindaSabbath wrote that he needed longer to get Gold on "Hill Climb" than it took him to platinum Vanquish. That is because he was new to the game. Coming from Fusion, "Hill Climb" took me an hour, and that was the longest I spent on anything in that game, and I'm sure it would have been the same for him.  

@Destructor-8 Yup, I'm not even embarrassed to admit that Hill Climb took me, give or take, around 12 hours of practice. 

Saying that though, it really was the moment the game "clicked" for me. The sticking point that Hill Climb caused me was because I didn't yet grasp the importance of riding my back wheel, literally glueing it to everything. Once I had that down almost everything was a breeze. I started only watching replays for the more difficult tracks as I was able to solve most obstacles by myself - the majority of the time.

I didn't spend anywhere near as much time on anything else in the game. Granted 3hrs on About To Erupt - Video on previous page and 2hrs on Frozen Leviathan, again video on previous page. But I was still learning. For more experienced players (you too if you beat Fusion first) - I really can't imagine anything taking more than 3 or 4 attempts in the whole game plus all DLC. Except maybe Hill Climb I'll add.

3 hours ago, Arcesius said:

As for Trackmania, that game was incredibly tough for me to get through.. 

I've heard Trackmania is incredibly tough. I'm not that experienced with racing games, either. The notoriety of the challenge just makes me want to play it even more - what's wrong with me ?

Edited by KindaSabbath
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Now, since you also asked about Trackmania Turbo.. let me put things in context. From all the games on my profile that I've completed (RIP Crypt), I would rank the most challenging ones as follows: 

S868752.png --> S148dc0.png --> S918efd.png --> Sa3790d.png

So yeah, Fusion was definitely really tough when I went for it, but it was such a joy to play. I didn't want to play other games while going for it.. It was just too much fun. And even the most difficult challenges were incredibly satisfying to go for. The second hardest trophy for example, RedLynx to the Sword, was probably the most fun I had with this game. Trying to beat thos insanely tight times was just so gooooood 1f605.png

As for Trackmania, that game was incredibly tough for me to get through. However, and as @Baker pointed out above, I had absolutely no experience with racing games. This was in fact my first racing game ever besides long evenings of Mario Kart with friends (which could get pretty competitive, too! 1f602.png) I believe that for someone with more experience with racers, the game might not be AS hard. I actually know some people on this site that had little trouble with the game, but it certainly was a nightmare for me. 

Speaking of which, I purchased Crash Team Racing and all Dirt Rally2.0 DLC during the last sale 1f601.png

Yeah I think that explains it pretty well so I'll see how I go when I get to it! Oh yeah the game feels very satisfying from what I've played & it's really enjoyable. I'll get back to it soon! Ah yeah, I've seen a few friends finish Splasher & it seems all who finished that along with SMB have all found Splasher to be harder. It's not surprising as very few have even done it so whenever hard games are talked about, I always mention it. I see you didn't put SMB there but I assume that's again down to preference, although I know a lot have friends have done it but the experience has been vastly different. I do know it would be ridiculously difficult if I ever did try it as I know how hard that game is for most people. It's not a game I've thought about doing though, even though I know it's a brilliant game.

I honestly think you'll enjoy CTR a lot & I think @KindaSabbath should eventually think about it too. It's not an easy game by any means but you can make it easy with practice. It's not a super tough game like Trackmania so you'll find it comparable to Wipeout, it's then just a matter of preference of which people find harder. I'd say that whilst CTR has a higher learning curve & is harder at the start, a game like Wipeout maybe harder to speedrun for most people. I think the speedrun I did on that game elsewhere was as fast as it can be. I'll be interested to see how you find Dirt Rally 2.0 as it's very enjoyable, but it's the one game I've played that makes Trackmania seem easy in comparison. Almost everyone who has done Dirt Rally 2.0 so far have put it as the hardest done.

6 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

@Destructor-8 Yup, I'm not even embarrassed to admit that Hill Climb took me, give or take, around 12 hours of practice. 

I didn't spend anywhere near as much time on anything else in the game. Granted 3hrs on About To Erupt - Video on previous page and 2hrs on Frozen Leviathan, again video on previous page. But I was still learning. For more experienced players (you too if you beat Fusion first) - I really can't imagine anything taking more than 3 or 4 attempts in the whole game plus all DLC. Except maybe Hill Climb I'll add.

I've heard Trackmania is incredibly tough. I'm not that experienced with racing games, either. The notoriety of the challenge just makes me want to play it even more - what's wrong with me 1f602.png

That seems like it's definitely going to be tough, but very satisfying at the same time. I always enjoy a difficult game that gets that kind of balance right as it makes it seem much more worth doing & easier to recommend to others. Yeah that would be another game you should think about as it's very practice based. The skill I had going into it just made it quicker to get through & meant I didn't take too long on many things in it but the skill needed is not as high the other games mentioned here. It's a decent game.

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Destructor-8 said:

Ah yeah, I've seen a few friends finish Splasher & it seems all who finished that along with SMB have all found Splasher to be harder. It's not surprising as very few have even done it so whenever hard games are talked about, I always mention it. I see you didn't put SMB there but I assume that's again down to preference, although I know a lot have friends have done it but the experience has been vastly different. I do know it would be ridiculously difficult if I ever did try it as I know how hard that game is for most people. It's not a game I've thought about doing though, even though I know it's a brilliant game.

SMB would have been the next game in the chain, the four games that I mentioned were harder though ?  Personally I found it difficult, but it gave me way less trouble than I would have thought. Maybe a 8/10..? The rarity is also inflated... PS+ and it is an old game, meaning that there are a lot of profiles with the game on them that have not been updated (since automatic profile updates were disabled a couple of years ago). It deserves to be UR, but not THAT rare. 

There is nothing on my profile that comes close to Splasher though... that was one tough mofo ?

@KindaSabbath I see you started your journey in Fusion :) Enjoy the game!!! The good thing is that it has way less "Easy" and "Medium" tracks.. you will reach the fun tracks much earlier than in Rising (which was one of the main complaints many have about that game). 

What is your approach? Are you doing the track challenges in each track before moving on, or simply playing through the game first?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

@KindaSabbath I see you started your journey in Fusion :) Enjoy the game!!! The good thing is that it has way less "Easy" and "Medium" tracks.. you will reach the fun tracks much earlier than in Rising (which was one of the main complaints many have about that game). 

What is your approach? Are you doing the track challenges in each track before moving on, or simply playing through the game first?

You know, I was thinking about that last night whilst playing. How rough it must of been for Fusion players to slog through to get to the good part of Rising. 

My approach - I'm not too sure at the moment. Is there a particular order which you would recommend? So far I've just been getting a feel for the game. I've blitzed through most of the events and unlocked the Hard tracks but last night I had a little go at some challenges: Unyielding and Pipe Phobia. 

I'm not sure if it's best to not do what I did in Rising and leave the hard stuff until last? I can see Pipe Phobia being a pain - I'm not the best at wheelies but I did come close in the few attempts I had (could of been a fluke)...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

My approach - I'm not too sure at the moment. Is there a particular order which you would recommend? So far I've just been getting a feel for the game. I've blitzed through most of the events and unlocked the Hard tracks but last night I had a little go at some challenges: Unyielding and Pipe Phobia. 

? You again... This one is often considered to be among the 3-4 hardest base game challenges, even if it looks pretty manageable. Use the Roach and you should eventually make it :) 

As for my suggestion... I just did all challenges required for base-game trophies (Unyielding and Full Throttle) and then moved on to the DLC... Once I was done with most of the DLC, I came back to clean up the track challenges, leaving Pipe Phobia, Be One with the Bike, Rabbit's Survival Run and Top Roach for last. 

But remember that I was new to Trials! Coming from Rising it is definitely viable to simply try to do the track challenges as you finish the tracks. You can also just play through the game and clean up a challenge or two from time to time. Some of them are a bit gimmicky, so probably not a bad idea to mix them with regular gameplay :)  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

1f602.png You again... This one is often considered to be among the 3-4 hardest base game challenges, even if it looks pretty manageable. Use the Roach and you should eventually make it :) 

?... I blame game developers for having hard challenges available so early in the game. I just can't help myself. 

5 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

As for my suggestion... I just did all challenges required for base-game trophies (Unyielding and Full Throttle) and then moved on to the DLC... Once I was done with most of the DLC, I came back to clean up the track challenges, leaving Pipe Phobia, Be One with the Bike, Rabbit's Survival Run and Top Roach for last. 

This sounds sensible. I may shift towrd this approach. Either that or just dedicate an hour each play session toward something difficult and then switch back to just working through the rest of the game. Your approach still sounds better to be honest.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

I can see Pipe Phobia being a pain - I'm not the best at wheelies but I did come close in the few attempts I had (could of been a fluke)...

One of the coolest things about Fusion (well, Rising counts too, I guess) is that these techniques which are only marginally utilized in the official part of the game (e.g. backwheel only sections / tracks) become the core features of lots of custom-made tracks - in fact, I've grown to love bw tracks and completed a fair number of them.

My progression was very sketchy as - not being very confident of abilities - after completing all tracks (and hardly any challenges) for a very long time I played custom tracks, only then returned to earning more challenging trophies and clearing challenges. I had surprisingly little trouble with Be One With the Bike or Rabbit's Survival Run, though Top Roach was definitely intimidating and Pipe Phobia took me more time at the time than it should have (a few months ago on my US account I got it on the second or third try :D). My last challenge was the afterburner challenge where you have to fly through the rings, I hated it!

Right now, I am trying to improve my position on the leaderboards (but definitely not try-harding, actually I am enjoying my time with Ghost of Tsushima), the goal is to move into top 1000 and it shouldn't be too difficult as there are lots of tracks which I haven't revisited in a long time. I hate FMX but luckily these do not count towards leaderboards :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, det_gittes said:

One of the coolest things about Fusion (well, Rising counts too, I guess) is that these techniques which are only marginally utilized in the official part of the game (e.g. backwheel only sections / tracks) become the core features of lots of custom-made tracks - in fact, I've grown to love bw tracks and completed a fair number of them.

Thanks for that little tip right there regarding custom tracks! I needed a trophy for playing one anyway, so I booted up some bw only tracks, had a bunch of fun playing through those, then had another pop at Pipe Phobia and got it within 20 minutes of trying!

20210820_153614

7 hours ago, det_gittes said:

Right now, I am trying to improve my position on the leaderboards (but definitely not try-harding, actually I am enjoying my time with Ghost of Tsushima), the goal is to move into top 1000 and it shouldn't be too difficult as there are lots of tracks which I haven't revisited in a long time. I hate FMX but luckily these do not count towards leaderboards :D

Yeah the FMX stuff I'm not crazy about. Are the skill games even required for any progression/trophies etc? They just seem to be there but not important, so far!

Getting into the top 1,000 is damn impressive mate! You are a savage! I'm rooting for you! ?

Edited by KindaSabbath
  • Like 4

Impressive stuff!

Pipe Phobia is considered the second hardest challenge in the game. But for me it was the hardest, and where I spend the most time on out of anything in the game. I was and still am terrible at wheelies though. ? You will blast through this game in no time! Good luck!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

Thanks for that little tip right there regarding custom tracks! I needed a trophy for playing one anyway, so I booted up some bw only tracks, had a bunch of fun playing through those, then had another pop at Pipe Phobia and got it within 20 minutes of trying!

Good job! I am not even that suprised given the super fresh muscle memory from Rising ;)  Loose Screw was also easier for me coming from Fusion (still no joke :D).

Did you unlock the extremes yet? How do they compare to Rising extremes for you? Which is harder - Inferno IV or V? Sorry for the flood of questions - I am really looking forward to your impressions so far :D 

• Like 1