Sabbath - Kinda Bloody Sabbath!

KindaSabbath

3 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

I meant exactly Sleepy Creek and the other one with saw blades 1f602.png And also, as I said, @KindaSabbath has already played Rising, so he definittely has some speedrunning experience, and you only need so much for the trophy. Anyway, Redlynx to the Sword is a great challenge and Top Roach is frustrating, though in the end also rewarding :D 

I was just imagining after he finally got Top Roach and starting Redlynx to the Sword he is thinking: ‘Det_Gittes said this was easy. So far so good. Hey look, Sleepy Creek. Wtf is this! This is not easy. This is brutal’ ?

Different experiences for different players. I got Top Roach fast so it wasn’t frustrating at all for me. My top 3 most frustrating and time consuming things would look like this:

1: Anger Management ?

2: Sleepy Creek

3: Pipe Phobia

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Shrooba said:

One of the best things I like to rationalize to myself is that I'm equipped with the same tools as someone who did complete a hard game; we both have a PS controller, and we both have two functioning hands. On a physical level, there's nothing that separates me from someone who could beat a particular game.

Very much agree! Something I see often is people asking "if I beat *insert hard game here* - does that mean I have the skill to beat *insert other hard game here*"... well no, you probably don't have the skill if you haven't played said game yet. But you do have the same tools that others who beat it do, you have access to the same information about said game, now you just need to invest the time to develop the skill to beat said game.

I suppose past experience and general gaming ability will just increase/decrease the time it takes to improve your skill level to beat a certain game. This is my rationale.

22 hours ago, Baker said:

I spend a lot more time on it than Top Roach. (Not to demotivate OP)

Lol, it's all good. As long as I don't have to use the Roach, I'll get through it.

23 hours ago, det_gittes said:

I love these threads about Trials Fusion where tracks are dissected into the most minute details and series of required movements, that's why the game is so brilliant

I've got to admit - I really enjoy games that make you have to go away and break things down, figure things out and do a little additional research on top. 

Too bad there's no bitching thread about Trials Fusion  

I can fix that.

And too bad there is no trophy for 0-faulting every extreme track 

You are cruel ?... Saying that though, I can see myself aiming to do this regardless of Trophies.

Had a few cheeky attempts at Top Roach again after work last night. I had a few 2 fault runs, a few 3's and a 7 (sign it was time to go to bed)

As of now, it still evades me but I'm slowly improving and it's just a matter of time.

Totally intentional fender grab at the end...

Edited by KindaSabbath
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

Had a few cheeky attempts at Top Roach again after work last night. I had a few 2 fault runs, a few 3's and a 7 (sign it was time to go to bed)

Damn, 2 faults is really close, and I can only imagine how disheartening it must've felt not getting that jump onto the box ? Once you get it, be very careful on this small platform - I made the jump once on a zero fault run and - probably from the adrenaline rush - I rode off the platform ?

As for the fender grab, it would be really cool to score such style points on a flawless run ?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

As of now, it still evades me but I'm slowly improving and it's just a matter of time.

I don't know why, but the way the video immediately cuts off right as the motorcyclist gets crushed by that huge boulder at the end is hilarious! ?

But keep going, if you can make it to the end, then you can do it in one go! You got this!

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

It looks like you are at the point where you'll get it anytime now, although I have played many games where the last little bit you need being the hardest part. I can see though that your consistency is only improving so you just need that one run to do it.

17 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

Damn, 2 faults is really close, and I can only imagine how disheartening it must've felt not getting that jump onto the box 1f602.png Once you get it, be very careful on this small platform - I made the jump once on a zero fault run and - probably from the adrenaline rush - I rode off the platform 1f601.png

As for the fender grab, it would be really cool to score such style points on a flawless run 1f60e.png

I can imagine doing something like this as I've spent so much time on something really hard only to think it's gonna be over & then the typical thing happens where I don't do it when I think I should have. I'm sure this will be exactly the same thing although I don't even know how long something like this will take. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Congrats on the 2-fault runs! Not only are you getting closer, but the difference in your riding between both videos you posted is very, very noticeable. This attempt felt much more confident, and that is what you need! 

Aaaaand... Yeah, that last CP can screw many 0-fault runs over.. It happened to us all... multiple times :P  

You got this! 

21 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Totally intentional fender grab at the end...

Gotta finish strong! ? I always did a front flip after the pipes while practicing Pipe Phobia... But didn't dare to do so on my successful attempt ?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

I wish I could say I had the balls to try it on my successful run! Thought about it for a second, but literally no fucking way was I gonna risk it 1f602.png

That's exactly how it is with Trials - learn the best approach for each section of the track and then grind for that one run!

Dude, I had a few more runs going for Top Roach yesterday afternoon. I failed that 2nd to last obstacle 3 times on a zero fault run. Every damn time, I then nailed it flawlessly on my 2nd attempt. So I fired up the practice track that @Baker mentioned to me and jumped straight to that checkpoint. I made sure to pass it 20 times before having another go on Rock of Ragss, then nailed it first time!

Funny you mention Pipe Phobia - I told myself I was going to get the flip challenge on my way to the finish line (the little exploding pipe) -- if I had a successful run, to look like a badass... Yeah, nope. Absolutely not. 1f602.png

Here's my successful Top Roach run:

@Shrooba I kept the abrupt ending, just for you 1f602.png

So - Ecstatic to be reunited with my Pit Viper - the first thing I did was fire up Inferno IV! @det_gittesThe track did not disappoint! I wanted to play it blind, so no videos or replays, I just jumped straight in and had a great time.

I passed it first try with 117 faults. I'll definitely go back and atleast go for a gold. I would say it is a much harder track than Inferno V (which I struggled with much more), however I think I've progressed a lot as a player over recent weeks. It's worth pointing out that Inferno V was my 2nd ever extreme track on a Trials game. I hadn't even fully got down the basics when I beat it. I see you have zero faults, literally how the fuck? You filthy sweat 1f602.png... furthermore,  how the fuck am I supposed to beat it with an invisible bike? Oh man, that's going to be tough!

So now I'm just planning what to do next. I think I may actually take the sensible route and leave the hardest stuff for last... anyone feel free to give input here, but, I think this means I'll be leaving:

- Anger Management 

- Red Lynx to the Sword 

- Be One with the Bike 

Until the end. Does that sound about right or am I missing anything?

Today, I think I'm going to go on a squirrel hunt. Beat the remaining extremes and then chip away at some challenges. 

As a side note: The way this game is laid out is a completionist's wet dream. Even though I don't really know the order in which I'm going to tackle what's left, the game makes me feel organised. 

Also quick question Baker: Any tips on how to do the wheelie challenge on Inferno? I HATE wheelies. Pipe Phobia wasn't so bad because you're actually driving. On that small square, God damn. I'm asking you because you hate wheelies too!

GG! I’m glad the practice track worked for you just as it worked for me.

About the wheelies. The one on Inferno IV wasn’t that bad imo. I got it first try as there is quite a big space to manoeuvre in. But there also was a wheelie challenge, I think in the last hard track?, where you need to wheelie on three small red lights until they turn green. That was a lot harder. Don’t know if you have done that already, if so, Inferno IV isn’t something to worry about.

And about Anger Management. You probably know already you can cheese this by looking up this track in track central. You can play a version where you’re not on fire. Making it from a very hard frustrating trophy to an easy one. Although I suggest you try it the intended way first.

Edited by Baker
  • Like 2

Huge congrats! Now that you've beaten these two dreadful challenges, I am pretty sure you're in a good mindset to tackle whatever else will come your way ?

17 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

So - Ecstatic to be reunited with my Pit Viper - the first thing I did was fire up Inferno IV! @det_gittesThe track did not disappoint! I wanted to play it blind, so no videos or replays, I just jumped straight in and had a great time.

I passed it first try with 117 faults. I'll definitely go back and atleast go for a gold. I would say it is a much harder track than Inferno V (which I struggled with much more), however I think I've progressed a lot as a player over recent weeks. It's worth pointing out that Inferno V was my 2nd ever extreme track on a Trials game. I hadn't even fully got down the basics when I beat it.

When I first played Inferno IV, I couldn't even get past the first obstacle, and it was a moment of glory whenever I could proceed past the first checkpoint. But yeah, it was within days of when I started playing the game, so I hope I'm excused :D Then the bane of my existence was the CP where you have to jump from the wheel onto the barrels and then over a bomb, a pipe onto the platform. But I also passed the track the first time I ever overcame that obstacle.

21 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

I see you have zero faults, literally how the fuck? You filthy sweat 1f602.png... furthermore,  how the fuck am I supposed to beat it with an invisible bike? Oh man, that's going to be tough!

Haha, yeah, I really wanted to platinum all extremes but I'm not gonna lie, it took "a few" attempts ? For some reason, though, the invisible bike is really easier than you might think before playing it. I thought I'd struggle but I got it on my first attempt and something tells me you will, too. 

24 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

So now I'm just planning what to do next. I think I may actually take the sensible route and leave the hardest stuff for last... anyone feel free to give input here, but, I think this means I'll be leaving:

- Anger Management 

- Red Lynx to the Sword 

- Be One with the Bike 

Until the end. Does that sound about right or am I missing anything?

If I were you, I'd at least give Be One with the Bike a try, you had no problems with beating the track and the bike you're riding with is not exactly the Pit Viper (at least I don't think it is), it feels more jumpy, thus the obstacles are not so bad. I don't know, maybe I remember it wrong ;)

Redlynx to the Sword is probably a good idea for later as you'll get more speedrunning practice from playing the tracks, Anger Management can be cheesed and that's what I did - there's a track which is identical but your bike isn't on fire. I'm thinking of beating the challenge legitimately just so I could honestly say I didn't cheese anything in any Trials game, though I have to admit that this track for some reason makes me feel very anxious and I truly depise it. The first three iterations are quite easy, the fourth one has one section which typically ended my attempts, with a few hanging platforms - have to watch some videos to see the proper strat for it. 

I wouldn't take the Speedcuber for granted either, it may objectively be not too hard, yet it's annoying and failing means you have to redo a few minutes' worth of riding.

As for the backwheel challenge, you have to find that sweet spot where the rider's head is aligned with the front wheel and ideally just let it last with small brake adjustments, adding gas may be necessary but it should be the last resort as it's so easy to overdo it. I'm not sure that's helpful - you've gotta practice it :D 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Baker said:

GG! I’m glad the practice track worked for you just as it worked for me.

About the wheelies. The one on Inferno IV wasn’t that bad imo. I got it first try as there is quite a big space to manoeuvre in. But there also was a wheelie challenge, I think in the last hard track?, where you need to wheelie on three small red lights until they turn green. That was a lot harder. Don’t know if you have done that already, if so, Inferno IV isn’t something to worry about.

And about Anger Management. You probably know already you can cheese this by looking up this track in track central. You can play a version where you’re not on fire. Making it from a very hard frustrating trophy to an easy one. Although I suggest you try it the intended way first.

Thanks dude! Yeah the ability to practice that obstacle came in clutch! Probably saved me a few hours of frustration.

Fuck wheelies. I'll just need to practice getting better at wheelies in a smaller space. I hate wheelie challenges ?

I didn't know about the Anger Management cheese. I'll go at it the normal way for atleast a good few hours before I'd consider it.

28 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

Huge congrats! Now that you've beaten these two dreadful challenges, I am pretty sure you're in a good mindset to tackle whatever else will come your way 1f60e.png

When I first played Inferno IV, I couldn't even get past the first obstacle, and it was a moment of glory whenever I could proceed past the first checkpoint. But yeah, it was within days of when I started playing the game, so I hope I'm excused :D Then the bane of my existence was the CP where you have to jump from the wheel onto the barrels and then over a bomb, a pipe onto the platform. But I also passed the track the first time I ever overcame that obstacle.

Haha, yeah, I really wanted to platinum all extremes but I'm not gonna lie, it took "a few" attempts 1f607.png For some reason, though, the invisible bike is really easier than you might think before playing it. I thought I'd struggle but I got it on my first attempt and something tells me you will, too. 

If I were you, I'd at least give Be One with the Bike a try, you had no problems with beating the track and the bike you're riding with is not exactly the Pit Viper (at least I don't think it is), it feels more jumpy, thus the obstacles are not so bad. I don't know, maybe I remember it wrong ;)

Redlynx to the Sword is probably a good idea for later as you'll get more speedrunning practice from playing the tracks, Anger Management can be cheesed and that's what I did - there's a track which is identical but your bike isn't on fire. I'm thinking of beating the challenge legitimately just so I could honestly say I didn't cheese anything in any Trials game, though I have to admit that this track for some reason makes me feel very anxious and I truly depise it. The first three iterations are quite easy, the fourth one has one section which typically ended my attempts, with a few hanging platforms - have to watch some videos to see the proper strat for it. 

I wouldn't take the Speedcuber for granted either, it may objectively be not too hard, yet it's annoying and failing means you have to redo a few minutes' worth of riding.

As for the backwheel challenge, you have to find that sweet spot where the rider's head is aligned with the front wheel and ideally just let it last with small brake adjustments, adding gas may be necessary but it should be the last resort as it's so easy to overdo it. I'm not sure that's helpful - you've gotta practice it :D 

First CP was tough, definitely took me a good 10 minutes before I could kick on and actually see the track!

I think I passed that one with the wheel and the stack of barrels first try... you'd have to check my replay as I could be wrong. Make no mistake though, as I got over and hit the next CP, I thought to myself "hahaha, like fuck could I do that again in one" - 100% a fluke.

Massive respect for platinum on the extremes. Quite a feat! 

I dunno man, I'm kinda dreading Be One with the Bike. Let's see how it goes. I watched all of you boys' replays on Sleepy Creek - that looks fun! ?

Speedcuber looks alright. Famous last words..  I haven't looked into Anger Management too much but I've heard things. Things that make me nervous. I'm just happy that Top Roach and Pipe Phobia are crossed off the list. Gets me a little closer to: 

Is There Anything You Can't Do? - well i guess we'll find out ?

Edited by KindaSabbath
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KindaSabbath said:

That's exactly how it is with Trials - learn the best approach for each section of the track and then grind for that one run!

Dude, I had a few more runs going for Top Roach yesterday afternoon. I failed that 2nd to last obstacle 3 times on a zero fault run. Every damn time, I then nailed it flawlessly on my 2nd attempt. So I fired up the practice track that @Baker mentioned to me and jumped straight to that checkpoint. I made sure to pass it 20 times before having another go on Rock of Ragss, then nailed it first time!

That's absolutely amazing dude! I'm glad you got that done & over with! It sounds like it requires a lot of practice & it looks like there's lots of great tips here. I'm definitely looking forward to what you do next.

• Like 2

@KindaSabbath

Excellent work! This is one tough game but you’re making great progress. ? 

Since each track is divided by sections, it’s good to look at it as just small pieces of a puzzle rather than one giant challenge, so it’s good that you honed your skills with a practice track.

You’re getting there one step at a time, keep it up. I look forward to the next update! ?

Edited by Shrooba
  • Like 2

Fantastic accomplishment, @KindaSabbath! Very well done... congratulations! :D Didn't take you all that long in the end, didn't it?

Be One with the Bike won't be that bad. I'm sure that you'll get it pretty easily, since you are not required to clear it with few faults or anything. Just restart if the first CP takes too long or too many faults and you should be fine :) 

About Speedcuber... Since I cheesed Anger Management, this was the most frustrating challenge for me. I truly disliked that challenge. You can fire up the track in Track Central as well. It won't unlock the trophy, but you can jump to any CP, so that you can practice the last 10 or so sides (which are the hardest ones). I definitely recommend doing so, it will save a lot of time and frustration! 

And Sleepy Creek... The track is really easy, but that time dude ? You need to beat it in under 44.816, and my time was 44.654. The beginning of the level, with the hanging pipe, took so many retries... But you'll get this as well :)

Looking forward to further updates! Don't forget to post your impressions of Way of the Machine (DLC Extreme) ?

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 3

You're getting there one step at a time. ? That part in the middle with those barrels looked pretty tricky, it must be satisfying to hit a checkpoint! ?
Thanks for the update, and I look forward to seeing how you'll progress through this!

• Like 1

Damn dude, you're gettin it! So dope to see your progression and dedication in real time (that Invisible bike challenge looks insane). It's a great reminder that we've all gotta keep chippin away at these games, and that however difficult, ultimately we can do it✊

Real talk tho games like that scare the crap out of me. If there was a plat for Excitebike or some shit I might be able to swing that but that'd be about it?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

Damn dude, you're gettin it! So dope to see your progression and dedication in real time (that Invisible bike challenge looks insane).

Yo, thanks man! Honestly the invisible bike isn't as difficult as it looks (if you have experience with the track). There's a few other challenges that are much harder. Some I've beat but a ways to go yet! 

Real talk tho games like that scare the crap out of me.

Me too ?... I think that's one of the big draws for me. Firing a game up and having no idea if I'll be able to conquer it. Puts a bit of fire in the belly, if I want to hold onto my 100% completion rate.

I've really enjoyed reading your checklist. Sorry I haven't posted sooner, I've been meaning too! You have platinumed and written about one of my favourite games: Cuphead. I really enjoyed reading your experience with the game! Big respect on that accomplishment, too! That game packs a punch but is so fucking awesome!

Edited by KindaSabbath
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

Me too 1f602.png... I think that's one of the big draws for me. Firing a game up and having no idea if I'll be able to conquer it. Puts a bit of fire in the belly, if I want to hold onto my 100% completion rate.

Sheesh, that's impressive, I'm just trying to work my way up to 90! Sadly a hundo is impossible for me.. first game I played on my PS4 when I got it at the end of 2019? NBA 2K16. Insert Chris Farley here going "stupid, STUPID!"

Completely agreed. The current task of cleaning up my backlog, particularly the big ones I've got around the corner, have got me genuinely nervous, but I'm weirdly liking it! Hell, I'm watching you play thinking "That looks hard as shit! Don't start wanting to play it, don't start wanting to play it..."

12 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

I've really enjoyed reading your checklist. Sorry I haven't posted sooner, I've been meaning too! You have platinumed and written about one of my favourite games: Cuphead. I really enjoyed reading your experience with the game! Big respect on that accomplishment, too! That game packs a punch but is so fucking awesome!

Thanks a lot, man! No need to apologize, I'm finding that we all quietly peep out each other's checklists and we all eventually pipe up and start talkin to each other sooner or later?

Thank you! I really had a blast writing about that one. Cuphead was a fantastic experience for me, even with all the frustration that came with it - or now that I think of it, maybe because of it!

You've earned a follow, good sir!

• Like 4

I'm just trying to work my way up to 90! Sadly a hundo is impossible for me.. first game I played on my PS4 when I got it at the end of 2019? NBA 2K16. Insert Chris Farley here going "stupid, STUPID!"

Damn bro, that's unfortunate. On the brightside 90% is a nice number to aim for and gives you a bit of leeway in your game selection.

46 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

Completely agreed. The current task of cleaning up my backlog, particularly the big ones I've got around the corner, have got me genuinely nervous, but I'm weirdly liking it! Hell, I'm watching you play thinking "That looks hard as shit! Don't start wanting to play it, don't start wanting to play it..."

You have a nice collection of games. You've got some challenging ones there to do, for sure! No doubt you will smash it out the park and be super satisfied when you've beat them! I look forward to following a long!

In regards to Trials, if you like the look of it - go for it! The games are super fun which makes the difficulty easier to digest. Plus you will see progress every time you play (regarding your own skill), it's very rewarding. Especially when your thumbs start doing mad shit and you're not even sure how ?

54 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

Thanks a lot, man! No need to apologize, I'm finding that we all quietly peep out each other's checklists and we all eventually pipe up and start talkin to each other sooner or later?

Thank you! I really had a blast writing about that one. Cuphead was a fantastic experience for me, even with all the frustration that came with it - or now that I think of it, maybe because of it!

You've earned a follow, good sir!

Yeah we all pop in and out of each others threads, even if we don't post. We've got a pretty awesome little community going over in this corner of the site.

Glad you really enjoyed Cuphead bro, frustration and all. Imo it's a masterpiece.

Likewise, my doode

• Like 2

Trials Fusion. Definitely hardcore. 

Often times it’s not about how skilled you are or how fast your reflexes are. It’s about courage, bravery, perseverance and willing to try countless times. 

I’m not a very skilled gamer. I’m also a coward, so those eSport competitions are complete out for me. Speedrun competitions? Leave that to guys like @greenzsaber. I choke too much even on medium difficulty level games. 

The video you posted you were probably thinking “Goddammit, just let me finish the damn thing already!”. Problem is, when you start shouting at the screen, your abilities get worse. 

Trials Fusion reminds me of Pumped BMX+ and OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood. Only those games are easier.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Damn bro, that's unfortunate. On the brightside 90% is a nice number to aim for and gives you a bit of leeway in your game selection.

You have a nice collection of games. You've got some challenging ones there to do, for sure! No doubt you will smash it out the park and be super satisfied when you've beat them! I look forward to following a long!

In regards to Trials, if you like the look of it - go for it! The games are super fun which makes the difficulty easier to digest. Plus you will see progress every time you play (regarding your own skill), it's very rewarding. Especially when your thumbs start doing mad shit and you're not even sure how 1f602.png

Yeah we all pop in and out of each others threads, even if we don't post. We've got a pretty awesome little community going over in this corner of the site.

Glad you really enjoyed Cuphead bro, frustration and all. Imo it's a masterpiece.

Likewise, my doode

Thanks man! Yeah dude, I'm so happy with this corner of the forums. And fuck yes Cuphead is a masterpiece!!

Thank you for the encouragement! That was something I wasn't expecting, how these threads are all about pushing each other to succeed. Given what you've been willing to power through, i can't wait for your write-up on Trials, but even more so I'm just excited to see what you tackle next!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

It's a great reminder that we've all gotta keep chippin away at these games, and that however difficult, ultimately we can do it270a.png

Real talk tho games like that scare the crap out of me. If there was a plat for Excitebike or some shit I might be able to swing that but that'd be about it1f604.png

20 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Me too 1f602.png... I think that's one of the big draws for me. Firing a game up and having no idea if I'll be able to conquer it. Puts a bit of fire in the belly, if I want to hold onto my 100% completion rate.

These are definitely relatable, and they also hold a lot of truth in them; the games we don't know if we're capable of finishing are always the proudest games you can ever complete. A game you never thought you'd be able to beat actually getting beaten feels like an awesome accomplishment. Not only that, but doing a game that seems imposing and getting it done feels like a huge step forward as well. I remember a quote from one of the Furi threads where people view tough games as a mountain to conquer, and I think that holds true.

• Like 3

On 31/08/2021 at 3:53 AM, AJ_Radio said:

Trials Fusion. Definitely hardcore. 

Often times it’s not about how skilled you are or how fast your reflexes are. It’s about courage, bravery, perseverance and willing to try countless times. 

Well said. I would add that skill comes with enough persistence, composure and the overall effort that you're willing to put in. Sure, it will come quicker to some but being willing to put the time in is what gates most from being able to overcome very difficult challenges. In games and in life.

You have some pretty impressive games to be doubting your own skill. You atleast push yourself outside of your comfort zone and have achieved some cool things with your profile. You have my respect dude.

21 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

Thank you for the encouragement! That was something I wasn't expecting, how these threads are all about pushing each other to succeed. Given what you've been willing to power through, i can't wait for your write-up on Trials, but even more so I'm just excited to see what you tackle next!

Same bro. I was always hesitant to post in most other areas of this site, so it was super refreshing to find out through reading other checklists and then starting my own - how awesome this place actually is.

I'm going to up my game with my write ups, or atleast try to. The standards are high around here! Writing is not my strength, but that's no excuse!

17 hours ago, Shrooba said:

These are definitely relatable, and they also hold a lot of truth in them; the games we don't know if we're capable of finishing are always the proudest games you can ever complete. A game you never thought you'd be able to beat actually getting beaten feels like an awesome accomplishment. Not only that, but doing a game that seems imposing and getting it done feels like a huge step forward as well. I remember a quote from one of the Furi threads where people view tough games as a mountain to conquer, and I think that holds true.

Well, I do like me a big old mountain! I have Furi coming up relatively soon and I can't wait to play it! Is it one you'll be doing a write up for? Something to look forward to!

13 hours ago, det_gittes said:

So, how are the challenges? Have you come across anything that's challenging? On paper you got the really pesky ones out of the way but there are still some that are at least moderately irritating, notably the afterburner ones, though others didn't find them too bad. 

Bro, I've got like 23 tracks left to beat the challenge on! I haven't had much time this week so progress has been slow. When I have had time, I keep getting distracted doing none trophy related things whilst playing!

I'm in love with Inferno IV so I keep playing it. I'm down to 17 faults with lots of room for improvement. I just need to be more consistent with the barrels and the ramp with the overhanging ledge a couple of checkpoints later. I'm no where near zero faulting it and doubt I'll ever be able to, but the track is so fun to play!

As for any frustrating challenges - not really. To be honest I wish I'd saved the toughest ones for last. Most of them are just gimmicky and a bit boring so it feels like a chore to push through them, since as I've already done the exciting ones! I'm saving Rabbit's Survival Run for last, so there's that to look forward to.

I haven't done Afterburner yet. I've done Wormholin which was mildly annoying.

RNG Ball can go fuck itself though:

It wasn't difficult but the ball was so unpredictable at times. 

Edited by KindaSabbath
  • Like 4