Sabbath - Kinda Bloody Sabbath!

KindaSabbath

1 minute ago, KindaSabbath said:

R.I.P Dimebag, forever may you shred from the heavens above.

I see you've been playing the Metro games, how are you getting on? I've heard they're really good!

Remember that if there were no Van Halen brothers, we would never heard about Abott brothers.

Metro games are pretty cool u know, dont mind having platinum

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

I did watch your replay. I actually fell off my bike a few times thinking the flips you were doing were necessary to cool the bike down ??1f44d.png  

That’s hilarious. ?

37 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

Please forgive me for the words I'm about to type - I really liked Anger Management. I felt the track just had a nice flow and on some of my attempts, I was able to go really fast and it felt sick. I ask your forgiveness because if anyone were to type they really liked Hill Climb to me... fucking fuck Hill Climb. 

I think the big difference is I played Anger Management when I wasn’t good at the game. That’s why I struggled so much with it. The plus side to that was that after I finished it I was a much better rider. 

I hate Hill Climb too. In Fusion and Rising. I think it‘s the only base game track I don’t have a gold medal on, apart from the third extreme track, which I just didn’t bother with.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 9:04 PM, KindaSabbath said:

Hell yeah! 

33L7ba4ef.png

Anger Management
Reach the 5th Circle in the 'Circles of Hell' skill game - 1.32 Ultra Rare :bronze:

So that wraps up the Fire in the Deep DLC. One more DLC to go - Awesome Level MAX. I decided to leave this one until last as I think it will be the toughest - Basing this off watching the replays for some of the speedruns by @Arcesius @det_gittes @Baker

This next one has definitely put the shits up me a little bit. It looks so fucking sweaty. 

Well, that was one impressive run! Congrats on getting it done! 

I came here to tell you that you something along the lines of "Speedcuber just sucks because of the weird physics due to the tilting cube", but I saw that you got it already ?? There is no stopping you! 

Only Redlynx to the Sword left... The three "hardest" ones are Elysian Skies, Seismic Activity and Sleepy Creek (in my opinion in that order), the other ones are all pretty easy.. so maybe leave those three for last to end on a high! :D  

I expect to see Fusion at 100% in no time.. You have just been crashing it! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

You mentioned motivational speaking in the mighty Smevz awesome as fuck, not in any way average gamer thread. Now, I don't know about the motivational part but speaking has always been something I'm good at. I remember my English teacher saying to me; if I could just put it into words on paper, I'd go on to do well.

You charmer, you!

There's that motivational talk, though! You have a knack for sharing your feats without a trace of boasting, and charismatically encouraging others to join in on the joy of accomplishment. Combine that with a hard-as-balls-hangin-out-of-mangled-jean-shorts-at-a-metal-festival determination to complete a notoriously difficult game, and you've got yourself a legendary thread, my friend!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KindaSabbath said:

Thanks my dude! Anger Management was the most fun I've had with a skill game in Fusion.

I agree with you on many things about this game but seriously, almost every other skill game (with the notable exception of Speedcuber, where - again - I am totally with you about this challenge being complete shit), is at least somewhat enjoyable, whereas this one I just hate ? I am not even kidding, I really like the skill games (as opposed to fmx, which is horrible) and I like most of the skill games in Rising.. Then again, they probably named it Anger Management for a reason, and I know that in that department I have plenty of room for improvement :D

On my front, I got the Speedcuber again, too, which I am very glad about, and I finally worked out rather consistent strats to get to the fourth iteration of Anger Management (it's just one spot, the incline before a series of hanging platforms and how to ride up without losing too much meter), so I will probably finally get it, but this game really brings out different people's strengths and weaknesses, some struggle at hill climbs, other at backwheel, and then there are those who just steamroll everything ?

Have you decided whether you'll be going for Sleepy Creek with the Roach or the Pit Viper? Both are viable options and I got the challenge done on the Roach the first time around (at least I am pretty sure I did), but I maybe I will try out the Pit Viper this time as it definitely allows for a faster time.

• Like 2

One more trophy to go... Bloody impressive, mate! Fusion's been nearly a full month in the making, but it'll all culminate soon! This'll definitely be one of your proudest completions I'd bet. ? Looking forward to seeing the finale of the journey!

There's been many dedicated people on this website who's profiles motivated me to give games like Furi a go, and I'm very certain that your profile will motivate others to tackle such games as well! Keep doin' what you're doin' man, and don't give up!

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

I agree with you on many things about this game but seriously, almost every other skill game (with the notable exception of Speedcuber, where - again - I am totally with you about this challenge being complete shit), is at least somewhat enjoyable, whereas this one I just hate 1f601.png I am not even kidding, I really like the skill games (as opposed to fmx, which is horrible) and I like most of the skill games in Rising.. Then again, they probably named it Anger Management for a reason, and I know that in that department I have plenty of room for improvement :D

On my front, I got the Speedcuber again, too, which I am very glad about, and I finally worked out rather consistent strats to get to the fourth iteration of Anger Management (it's just one spot, the incline before a series of hanging platforms and how to ride up without losing too much meter), so I will probably finally get it, but this game really brings out different people's strengths and weaknesses, some struggle at hill climbs, other at backwheel, and then there are those who just steamroll everything 1f60e.png

Have you decided whether you'll be going for Sleepy Creek with the Roach or the Pit Viper? Both are viable options and I got the challenge done on the Roach the first time around (at least I am pretty sure I did), but I maybe I will try out the Pit Viper this time as it definitely allows for a faster time.

What I did for this section; I made sure to keep as much speed as possible coming over the hill, once going down the ramp towards the climb - I start leaning back hard as you need that front wheel to come up as much as possible, then I slam into to the climb as hard as possible and get that back wheel down quickly. Then obviously lean forward and climb as usual. I found the trick here is to be violent with it. You really want to hit that climb with ferocity and your bike will stick. For the hanging platforms on the fourth circle, don't waste time dropping down - just land leaving yourself as much ramp as you can (back wheel slightly first) - then fucking gun it. You'll clear the gap everytime - you don't even need to bunny hop, I just wanted to look cool!

As for Sleepy Creek - I haven't thought about it yet. I was likely just going to use the viper as it's just a sexy springy powerhouse and I love it! May give the Roach a go if I'm having no luck! 

One other part of the game where I just thought "fuck off - why are you making me do this Redlynx?" - is the Unicorn sections. I wasn't particularly fond of Unicorns pre Trials Fusion, nothing has changed here ?

Quick Edit: if you use my recommended method of not dropping down on the hanging platforms in iteration 4, it doesn't matter if your meter is quite high with the fire, your bike will cool - as you won't have to faff about dropping down and lining up for other platforms. @det_gittes tagging you incase you've already read my reply and miss this bit

Edited by KindaSabbath
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, KindaSabbath said:

One other part of the game where I just thought "fuck off - why are you making me do this Redlynx?" - is the Unicorn sections. I wasn't particularly fond of Unicorns pre Trials Fusion, nothing has changed here 1f602.png

I completely forgot about it ? yeah, some people may find some humor in this last section but for most (?) unfortunately it's just a waste of time. 

But one thing I forgot about is that I fired up Fusion on this profile last night (which is when I saw the screenshot you sent me) and I noticed many notifications (I mean in-game notifications) from you :D Thanks, I am not kidding, this will push me a bit to get platinums for the DLC tracks, though I will likely go for it on PS5. Also, I will most likely try to platinum Meteorain as the track is really short, so even lots of retries doesn't hurt too much. As for Way of the Machine, I'm not in that mindset yet and most likely I will let go of Trials soon anyway ?

And thanks for the tips on Anger Management, probably will give it another try soon!

29 minutes ago, Shrooba said:

There's been many dedicated people on this website who's profiles motivated me to give games like Furi a go,

I've been actually toying with the idea of playing Furi for quite a long time :D I may just as well go for it in the not-too-distant future, we'll see ;) Though I am definitely a bit intimidated by it..

Edited by det_gittes
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

I've been actually toying with the idea of playing Furi for quite a long time :D I may just as well go for it in the not-too-distant future, we'll see ;) Though I am definitely a bit intimidated by it..

Furi definitely seems like a monumental task at first, its definitely tricky when you're learning and adapting for the first time, but trust me on this; I once found the bosses on Furier difficulty near impossible at first, but after putting in the practice, what once felt like an impossibility is now something that's genuinely fun! When I started Furi I didn't have a lot of confidence and I doubted myself, but if a guy like me can push through and now find Furi fun, even on Furier difficulty, then I'm very positive that you can do it as well, especially since you've completed Trials Fusion!

Fusion and Furi may be different genres, but if you have the perseverance to get that done, then I'm very confident you can tackle Furi! It's bosses each have distinct move sets, but they're all adaptable and fair. There's no time I've ever died in Furi where I felt it was the game's fault; every mistake I make in the game is something to learn from and improve upon, and even with the huge tasks you face in Furier difficulty, you learn and improve almost like it's instinct.
Good luck if you ever give it a go. ?
I'll actually tag @KindaSabbath on this as well since it's on his backlog. If you ever feel doubt when you get to this, if a fool like me can do it, you can too! ?

• Like 4

Congrats!!!

What else can be added that hasn't been said yet :D I will happily wait for a proper write-up!

And... it does look hilarious to look at these head-to-head name tags in the clip :D 

@Baker Btw, I did beat Anger Management last night, but you'll be relieved to know that your distance has remained unchallenged. Was too overwhelmed with relief to gather nerves and properly scale the curved platform at the beginning of the 5th circle ?

Edited by det_gittes
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

@Baker Btw, I did beat Anger Management last night, but you'll be relieved to know that your distance has remained unchallenged. Was too overwhelmed with relief to gather nerves and properly scale the curved platform at the beginning of the 5th circle 1f602.png

Well, me getting a few metres further was also just pure luck. I wanted to end with a front flip like I’ve been doing that entire skill game and then my back tire perfectly hit the top of the ramp and I could continue. ?

On 11/09/2021 at 11:38 AM, KindaSabbath said:

On point! I hope this comment alone encourages more people to play the game! 

Yeah, we're in end game now. I felt that leaving Redlynx to the Sword as my last Trophy, would ensure that I wrap things up on a high. The adrenaline from some of the more challenging feats in this game - is just something unrivalled.

Thanks for the massive compliment regarding my thread! It's pretty cool, because over this last week I've had quite a few people say to me that they really enjoy this thread. When I think back to when I started it - I was pretty fucking terrified to do so, as I didn't think many people would be interested in what games I play or what I have to say about them. 

Yeah your thread name is looking better & there's a lot of people here that are really interested in your progress. It's great that this place is doing really well. This is easily one of my favourite threads lol.

7 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Completion #8 - Trials Fusion

L8c21c2.png

Last Trophy ?Earned:

51Lab15a0.png

RedLynx to the Sword
Beat all of the RedLynx times on Redlynx vs All-Stars - :gold: 0.85 Ultra Rare

Look at us flying across that finish line boys! @Baker @det_gittes @Arcesius!!

Just wanted to quickly share this with you all! I'll be more active on here tomorrow and I may put together a clip of all the dev times, if anyone wants to see it? Ofcourse, I will now be getting to work on putting together my write up for this absolutely fucking incredible game! 

Happy Monday everyone! ???

Massive Congrats on this dude! Wow you really got through those lol. It's honestly really impressive to see you getting through all these tough activities in just a few days & it goes to show how the skill you developed on one game, really carried across to this one. Awesome job!

• Like 1

Do I need to do anything before popping Redlynx to the Sword in regards to its bounty in the UR Clean Up? Or do I just claim the bounty after getting the completion?

The bounty is all yours! 

Let's talk about Speedcuber for a minute... Fuck Speedcuber. I absolutely hated it. Now, luckily, it didn't take me very long to beat, I'd even say its not that hard to he honest. However, I hated every single second of it. I dunno why but right off the bat this skill game just annoyed me and I had no fun going for this one. I'm so glad I didn't leave it until last - honestly, I'd even go as far to say that this skill game put me in a bad mood 1f602.png - which is not what I'd want to be feeling when I wrap up the full completion of this fantastic game.

Well, at least we agree on this ? I do agree that it sucks, it is the lest fun I had with the game. I also agree that it is not - in principle - that hard... but I started getting frustrated with it pretty quickly, which in turn led to playing less patiently and making mistakes... ? Typical... I'm happy for you at least that it didn't take all too long! 

speaking of which...

15 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Completion #8 - Trials Fusion

L8c21c2.png

RedLynx to the Sword
Beat all of the RedLynx times on Redlynx vs All-Stars - :gold: 0.85 Ultra Rare

Look at us flying across that finish line boys! @Baker @det_gittes @Arcesius!!

Man, that didn't take you any time at all! Nice run as well! :D Which one would you say gave you the most trouble? 

Going for this trophy was the most fun I had in Trials overall. And I think having people on my friends list to race "against" made it even more fun. I mean, look at that! One second you are ahead of everyone, then you fall behind and need to catch up... And the times are so tight that all names basically cross the finish line simultaneously... Just an amazing challenge and very well designed tracks for time attacks! 

And with that... Congrats on finishing these two monsters in barely 6-7 weeks! Man, I just had a look at your Trials Rising post looking for tips for a newcomer.. I think you should go back to that one and answer your own questions ?

Amazing job, amazing display of skill. Very glad to have been following your progress so far! (And you were afraid that other trophy hunters wouldn't take you seriously... pfff :P)  

Just wanted to quickly share this with you all! I'll be more active on here tomorrow and I may put together a clip of all the dev times, if anyone wants to see it? Ofcourse, I will now be getting to work on putting together my write up for this absolutely fucking incredible game! 

Hell yeah. I really am looking forward to reading that review of yours! And I'd recommend putting together that vid with all dev times. I have one myself and I still check some run from time to time just for fun :) It's a nice vid to have! 

Do you have any idea what you will tackle next? It's gonna be difficult to find something as satisfying as Trials... :D  

P.S. Oh, and just because it fits the other topic of this thread... Metal: Hellsinger should be releasing this year.. It's a Rhythm-game FPS focused around slaying demons to the growling of vocalists from bands like Trivium, Soilwork, Arch Enemy, Jinjer, etc... I expect all Metalheads in this thread to play that on release! ?

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 3

I dropped by a few times on your checklist but this is the first time I'm leaving a comment. First off, congratulations on getting 100% on both Trials games, that's an impressive feat for a fairly new player. I have Trials Fusion on my backlog since it was a free PS+ at some point and I've been a lil bit scared to start it honestly ? 

Reading your progress kinda motivated me so maybe I'll give it a go at some point. ?

• Like 1

On 14/09/2021 at 10:35 AM, KindaSabbath said:

Appreciate that man! I see your thread is up. I'll be making myself a big cup of coffee and heading over there shortly! Pretty excited to watch your thread take off! You're a very skilled dude - also very genuine and humble.

Thanks buddy! I'm surprised that I got through them so quick to be honest! Just goes to show that if you put the time into these games - you get good. Which feels awesome 1f44c.png

Yeah it is! I'm glad it was a good read, so there's more to come & I appreciate that, although watching you get through Trials Fusion that quickly is something I know I won't be doing. I'm going to be spending plenty of time of those hard things but I don't mind it. Yeah when a game is as difficult as this one, it's a bonus when it's fun & rewarding so it makes it much more worth it.

I saw you already started Titanfall 2 so I'm sure that's going to be another decent game to get through. It looks like you've done the hard part of Titanfall 2 already lol. Nice!

Edited by Destructor-8
  • Like 1

That was a slick run! 

Since you have played a lot of FPS games on console, do you feel the need to adjust the aim sensitivities away from the default values, on average?

I used to (and still kind of) play a lot of FPS on PC, especially Battlefield 3 through 5 and was really into finding the best mouse aim sensitivity, and the meta was all about low settings that offer a lot of precision, but then you need a lot of desk space to deal with the large swipes needed for snapping around. Anything like that going on for console shooters?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KindaSabbath said:

It feels so weird to not be writing exclusively about Trials. Or metal ? 

Haha, I knew this day would come eventually, but I will follow with interest your trophy journey nonetheless :D Btw, I just noticed what a great run you pulled off on Adelophobia, it put you in the top 300, that's one hell of a run! I don't like the track myself at all :D Seismic Activity, on the other hand, is a completely different story. Last night and this morning I was going for it and it has to be one of my favorite speedrunning lines in Fusion. I have Elysian Skies and Adelophobia left for the trophy (also the extreme, but it's the easiest one because the time is very lenient).

If anyone reading this thread starts playing Fusion or Rising at some point and will need moral support, tag me, I do that selflessly and I enjoy it a lot, too :D 

As for Titanfall 2, it's actually been on my mind for a long time now, I got the game maybe 5 years ago but never installed it (then it was offered on PS+), I guess I will do that too, especially with the server drama and what not.

• Like 1