Trophy Rarity History

J_E_B_B

11 minutes ago, J_E_B_B said:

I was surprised to not see this suggested before (maybe it was, but I didn’t find it). I think it would be cool to click on a trophy and see the history of its rarity. This could also be applied to the rarity of 100% achievers. I’m not much of a tech guy, so I don’t know if this is even a feasible suggestion, but I would assume the website keeps past information, so hopefully it is doable.

That’s all, thanks. Let me know what you guys think.

It has been suggested before, but the site doesn't store that data and Sly posted a rarity history of trophies and that all follow pretty much the same pattern of large changes at the beginning and then tapering to very minute changes over time. It's rare for a trophy to have a drastically different rarity after around 6 months of it coming out.

• Like 3

Alright then, I guess it isn’t feasible then if the data isn’t tracked. I would have to disagree with the reasoning Sly gave for removing the feature though because plenty of games have trophies that change in rarity drastically months after coming out. For example, pretty much every ps plus game, as well as games with a low amount of owners where a handful of people earning a trophy will change it quite a bit. An example of this is the game Verdun. Never was free but went from a 0.37% platinum to a 0.56% in a short amount of time.

1 hour ago, J_E_B_B said:

I was surprised to not see this suggested before (maybe it was, but I didn’t find it). I think it would be cool to click on a trophy and see the history of its rarity. This could also be applied to the rarity of 100% achievers. I’m not much of a tech guy, so I don’t know if this is even a feasible suggestion, but I would assume the website keeps past information, so hopefully it is doable.

That’s all, thanks. Let me know what you guys think.

All games follow the same trend so its kind of pointless...when a game first comes out no one has the trophies unlocked so all trophies start at 0% ultra rare status then as time surpasses they become less rare as people obtain the trophies. Its just that trophies either stay ultra rare status or ultra rare to common or somewhere in-between over time...

5 hours ago, PS_Bowser said:Its just that trophies either stay ultra rare status or ultra rare to common or somewhere in-between over time...

That’s an extremely vague way of putting it, which is why it would be cool to actually know the specifics of each trophy. 

5 minutes ago, PS_Bowser said:

All trophies follow the same trend im not wrong...

They're not wrong in that this is extremely vague:

21 hours ago, PS_Bowser said:

Its just that trophies either stay ultra rare status or ultra rare to common or somewhere in-between over time...

You only said trophies will have a rarity. That's pretty vague.

21 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

They're not wrong in that this is extremely vague:

You only said trophies will have a rarity. That's pretty vague.

I said all trophies follow same trend start as 0% ultra rare and become less rare as people earn them..

Also there are easy ultra rares just based on the fact its either super grindy or a lot of people load the game on their profile and earned only a few trophies...you could technically make any trophy ultra rare just make a ton of accounts and load the game on each account and sync the accounts here lol itll make the trophies ultra rare...

Edited by PS_Bowser

Well, I think it would actually be useful information.

For example, there's that thread where everyone is posting their lowest percentage plat that's not ultra rare.  For many (but not all), they tend to get a little rarer over time.  If it was tracked, you could see how quickly it's been moving towards 5.00% of if it is at all.  Of course, we're talking about slow movement overall, of less than 1%, but it would still be interesting to see.

Of less interest really is the larger changes when a game is just released or has a lot of new players all of a sudden (like that tennis game that's on plus right now).  That will settle down to something or another, so the history isn't all that interesting.

But once things have settled, some are still slowly moving in some direction.  Some more quickly (though still not quick).  Others are basically very stable.  That's potentially interesting information.

• Like 1

On 2021-08-10 at 0:45 PM, DaivRules said:

It has been suggested before, but the site doesn't store that data and Sly posted a rarity history of trophies and that all follow pretty much the same pattern of large changes at the beginning and then tapering to very minute changes over time. It's rare for a trophy to have a drastically different rarity after around 6 months of it coming out.

I should have asked this earlier, but was this data stored in the past? The reason I ask is because I don’t understand how Sly made all of those graphs without having stored data. Did he just start manually tracking it at a certain point and then begin making the graphs in the future?