Does anybody else thinks RAGE is underated

spyrosmicha

I genuinely enjoyed RAGE, but I wouldn't go as far as one of the best. The competitive multiplayer was not my cup of tea, but single player had John Goodman. Can't beat that. Anywho, before I wander too far off topic, yes, RAGE was under rated. Generally, I like id games though. I even tried to play Wolfenstein (2009), but it always glitched at the same spot in the first level.

• Like 1

I picked this game up for something like £5 brand new a few months back, but haven't played it yet. I'll no doubt buy the Scorchers DLC when it goes on sale (hopefully it will, most things end up on sale in the PSN store at some point), so I'll probably wait until then and play it on Ultra Nightmare difficulty first to lessen the amount of playthroughs.

• Like 1

It's an ok shooter.

I fairly enjoyed it but it needed a driving force for the story to keep you going.

The gameplay was good but nothing particularly different from every other FPS.

One thing that I found weird is that for some odd reason whenever I played it for a couple of hours I got motion sickness.

It had never happened to me before.

• 9 months later...

I have played it on Xbox but never the Ps but from what I did on Xbox I enjoyed it thought it was a really good game I hear a lot of friends say its shit and not worth a fiver but ill happily play it through again on this system id say its underrated but not in my top list of games.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It's weird when old topics are bumped lol. 

I agree with the commenter on top of me. The ending left a sour taste in my mouth but apart from that, the game was good. The graphics really kicked a lot of other games in the nuts. ID 5 was sure buggy but it was a graphical marvel at that time. 

• Like 1

Last night i jumped back into rage to try to regain my 100% after the dlc (its been a while!) and i was immediately impressed with how good it looks for a PS3 game - if it wasnt for the pop-in issues with textures this could easily be a PS4/ XBOne game.

I am liking it a lot - it is what it is - they missold it as being akin to Fallout 3 - which was a terrible idea - its more like a better Resistance 3.

The moment I started playing it occurred to me that the game was underrated. I had never heard a single thing about the game and bought it because it was cheap.

I actually liked it better than any of the CoD games and it looks great too. It presents its challenges along the way though. I haven't gone back to beat it on Nightmare or even Hard but eventually I will.

And yes...as a few others have stated...that ending...

CaptainJackConfused.gif

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

• 2 months later...

Picked it up for £4 about 2+ years ago, and I finally popped it in on the back of watch the new Mad Max movie (which is stunning!).  So far I've been very pleasantly surprised, it's looking like I'll stick with it and if it keeps on this way it'll join Enslaved and Vanquish as the ps3 games that were underrated and deserved sequels.

It's super cheap now so if you're on the fence there's no real chance of losing out if you get it.  The reports of glitched trophies and tricky collectible hunting are worrying, but not enough to dismiss the game.  Comparisons to BioShock and Borderlands are apt, but like a lot of you are saying, this is no bad thing ^_^

• 1 month later...

It's not underrated... it's under - delivered. 

Tons of features that weren't in the game, the trailers showed it completely different. 

Pointless ending to the story as well. 

Not much replayability or reasons to go back to locations. 

Actually, they made you play the same locations twice, once forwards, and then backwards in levels...

• Like 1