So it's true but will any one play it

Thephoenixshow

11 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Can we get the PS4 version for free using the PS5 disc or is this digital crossbuy only?

No about an hour before it went live, they announced that owners of the PS5 digital would have access to the PS4 version but not the disc owners. 

Play Godfall? God, no!

Back when it got shown at the Game Awards and the following State of Play. I remember them hyping this up like it was going to be one of the main reasons to get a PS5 and devoting a lot of time to it. So much hype about it being the first confirmed PS5 game and all I thought was that it just looked like a less interesting slower Warframe with a coat of shiny paint

So yeah, I'll pass. Not for me.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Eh, I really like melee combat, but I haven't heard much positivity around this game. 

There is zero chance I'll pay anywhere near $60, though. 

Also, it's totally lame that a PS5 disc won't get you the PS4 version. 

TBF, no PS5 disc gives you the PS4 version other than Hitman (which came with a code to give you the PS4 version due to that being the only way to play VR.

Every other cross-gen game has been PS5 only if you buy the PS5 disc, or PS4 and PS5 if it's a cross-buy title and you buy the PS4 disc. As a reviewer, we got a review code for Godfall for the PS5 but it works like the disc, so I also don't have access to the PS4 version - which is a pain as I wanted to compare the two, but it's how it is. It was the same with Observer for us as well.

Regarding the game itself, I enjoyed it on the PS5 - I played the entire thing on my own in the 60fps mode. I reviewed it here:https://www.gamepitt.co.uk/godfall-ps5-review/

I imagine the PS4 version is going to be a much lower resolution, 30fps, and less visual effects. It also won't have the trigger support which was one of the benefits of playing it on the PS5. I played a little of the game in 30fps on the PS5 (with ray tracing) and I found it to be a little too jarring and hard to play, but I'd tried that AFTER the 60fps mode, so I was already used to it at the higher framerate.

It'll be interested to see what they've cut back in this version - I imagine Digital Foundry will do a video on it. I also imagine the loading times will be much more than the 2-4 seconds in the PS5 version, making dying and reloading more time-consuming.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

Also, it's totally lame that a PS5 disc won't get you the PS4 version. 

That’s one of the perks with digital. You usually get both versions. But if you have the PS5 version I really don’t see why you would want to play it at 30 FPS or below on the PS4. 
Physical is still better since you can always sell of games you don’t like and physical games are cheaper. I already made my money back from buying the PS5 disc version instead of digital version solely by buying physical games 20% cheaper than digital because of competition among sellers. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 3:54 PM, AgentSmiz said:

Play Godfall? God, no!

Back when it got shown at the Game Awards and the following State of Play. I remember them hyping this up like it was going to be one of the main reasons to get a PS5 and devoting a lot of time to it. So much hype about it being the first confirmed PS5 game and all I thought was that it just looked like a less interesting slower Warframe with a coat of shiny paint

So yeah, I'll pass. Not for me.

As a person who played it, you are 100% right lol.

I got mine on sale and using a gift card so didn't spend any of my own money at least. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

As a person who played it, you are 100% right lol.

I got mine on sale and using a gift card so didn't spend any of my own money at least. 

Bet you wished you had that gift card back though lol

God fall just looks God awful, I knew it was going to be a stinker from the trailers. It's def not borderlands. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Bet you wished you had that gift card back though lol

God fall just looks God awful, I knew it was going to be a stinker from the trailers. It's def not borderlands. 

Eh. there's not much out that I cared to even try. And i've had that gift card sitting here for almost a year before buying it haha.

So not a big loss.. i'll get more gift cards during the upcoming christmas season too so it'll get replenished lol

• Like 1