How do I farm Scarred Yian Garuga?

I have recently unlocked Scarred Yian Garuga and have captured it twice. But I have yet to unlock a special arena quest for it and I don't have the option to meld Scarred Yian Garuga tracks to summon it to the guiding lands. With gold rathian, I didn't start getting investigations until after doing its special arena quest. And if that's also true in the case of Scarred Yian Garuga, that would mean I can't farm it outside of fighting it whenever it happens to naturally pop up in the guiding lands. 

Does this monster not have a special arena quest? And does this monster not have tracks to summon it to the guiding lands? 

It's been a while since i've played it but from what I remember the Scarred Yian Garuga is essentially just the tempered form of the regular Yian Garuga. The most convenient way that a friend and myself found to farm it was to level up the forest area of the guiding lands to 7, gain a bunch of regular Yian Garuga tracks from the melder in Seliana and use those. Since everything you either encounter or summon in a level 7 area will be a tempered monster, you can use these tracks and it will summon a Scarred Yian Garuga instead of a regular one. I also believe there's an event quest for it, but it won't always be there as the event quests are on a set rotation so you get different ones every week.

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 1

Basically everything that was mentioned above. And for the event quest you're looking for ''M★6 Scars Tell the Whole Story''.
I tried both methods and got 1 in the guiding lands, but I had more luck farming the event until I had a good investigation and got the last crown within an hour by crownsniping it. Good luck!

• Like 2

I started hunting crowns again after a little pause from the game and have 2 investigations for scarred yian garuga, we can hunt those together if you want, if lucky we get our crowns if not maybe at least some new investigations. If you're interested you can add me on psn.