Hades PS5 Trophy Thoughts

MoreThanAble

Why is the God Mode so controversial? Do people know that it doesn't actually make you immortal? It's just a tiny buff on every death, that might have as well been a part of the purchasable mirror boosts or any other mechanic in the game that helps you progress. Is having 20-30% defense boost such a big deal? I had a run where I had much more than that from boons alone AND life stealing ability on special attack. I was practically immortal. Can't see a slight DEF boost being such a tragic problem...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

everything looks better on the ps5 anyway but it truly is a treat to play the games made for the ps5. Hades while a great game, probably isn't the best game to show off the ps5 features.  I wouldn't let that stop me though.  The ps5 games will be coming soon.

Very true. Mine has been an ugly white brick for months and months now. At some point I should at least use it lol

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NarcissusBaz said:

Why is the God Mode so controversial? Do people know that it doesn't actually make you immortal? It's just a tiny buff on every death, that might have as well been a part of the purchasable mirror boosts or any other mechanic in the game that helps you progress. Is having 20-30% defense boost such a big deal? I had a run where I had much more than that from boons alone AND life stealing ability on special attack. I was practically immortal. Can't see a slight DEF boost being such a tragic problem...

Right? I see a lot of comparisons to Psychonauts 2, but this isn't anywhere close to that. Half of the comments about the God mode are implying that it completely trivializes the game. I think people are way overestimating the difficulty of the standard mode and overestimating the benefit god mode provides. Most of the difficulty in Hades comes in your early runs where you have very few upgrades and don't understand all the synergies of the boons. Once you've unlocked a few key upgrades and know which boons work well with one another, the game gets way easier. With or without god mode, the main gating item for the platinum for most people is just going to be the sheer number of runs required to unlock everything. If anything, I would guess the time requirement will prevent more people from getting the plat than the difficulty ever would.

At best, god mode will help save some initial headache at the start of the game for some people, but I don't think its going to really impact the rarity. The number of people who are going to go through the effort to get the platinum that otherwise never would have never had the ability to is not going to be nearly as big as a game like Hollow Knight where the final trophy would be legitimately impossible for many people.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NarcissusBaz said:

Is having 20-30% defense boost such a big deal?

80%. It makes the game trivial. It will also considerably shorten the time required for the platinum since you can always just farm darkness and nectar instead of going for boons/coins/hp. I expect 80 hours to platinum playing normally (that's what it took me to 100% the game at least), 60 hours with God mode and 40 hours with God mode if you know what you're doing and are being very efficient from the start.

• Like 2

On 10/08/2021 at 11:27 PM, Dayngls said:

I have a Trophy guide done and ready to go. Nothing is missable. It is a time sink that can be difficult, but God Mode makes the game very easy. Trophies can be earned in God Mode as well. Be ready to pour a lot of hours into this game if going for the Plat.

Where is that God Mode and that trophy guide?

I made Hades one of the very few games I preorder these days. Mostly due to the glowing feedback from members right here when the game was announced for PS5 a month or two ago. Gonna jump in blind and with no guides at least for the first few hours. Excited for Friday!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Arcesius said:

We (I) don't want to get trophies easily while others struggle. That's actually the point. I want to have a hard time getting the trophies, because that's what I enjoy about trophy hunting.

It’s “we”. Don’t worry man, you’re not the only one who shares this opinion. 

I just want to mention that, I don’t shame players who use easy modes or exploits to get platinums. It’s the developers that implement them that I have an issue with. 

I started Celeste thinking I could overcome it with Assist Mode. But I only started it because it had Assist Mode that I could fall back to. I ended up overestimating my ability and felt that the game didn’t deserve my time or practice. So I just blazed through it. 

Edited by SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki said:

Speedrunners have an elegant solution to world records achieved in easy boring ways, and hard cumbersome ways. They split the leaderboards into categories. We don’t have anything like that. Everyone is of equal value without distinction. I don’t think it’s terrible for people wanting to feel like an elite in the community that they care about. The NBA would be a lot less fun to watch if they legally let drugged up players on steroids play on the same court as the legends. Kobe Bryant with the same ball stats as some roided up Captain America in his own team would diminish Kobe’s results if you can’t tell who is roided and who is legit. The more there are of a particular thing, the less valuable and incredulous it becomes.

That is what the MLB did. As someone who grew up in baseball’s Steroid Era, Bud Selig and his cronies allowed juiced up players like Mark McGwire and Barry Bonds to play with others who couldn’t compete because they didn’t take steroids. The numbers were jacked up, and when MLB finally started testing for drugs around 2005, the damage had already been done. Steroids basically extended the careers of many players, including Bonds. 

I respected Kobe when he played well, but I didn’t respect his character. A lot of shit that happened with him behind the scenes diminished a lot of his legacy. Still, it was very sad to see him go, coming from someone who grew up watching him when he was a 19 - 20 year old sensation. 

The trophy leaderboards I wouldn’t make an exact similarity. The people with more time and money on their hands are going to be higher rank than someone who doesn’t have those luxuries. The trophy count however has greatly diminished. 10 years ago, seeing 100 platinums was impressive. Nowadays, it’s commonplace, thanks to so many games that can be finished in 30 minutes or less. 

I have yet to see any Playstation 5 game that has offered any sort of challenging trophy list. If anything there are probably less than five of them.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Mine has been an ugly white brick for months and months now. At some point I should at least use it lol

I feel you on this, I haven't used my PS5 in over a month since I platted Scarlet Nexus. I've been letting my gf borrow it so she could try it out and play R&C Rift Apart. I'll be commandeering it on Friday though for Hades, she's gonna be pissed having to switch back to PS4 after being spoiled with virtually no load times on PS5 lol. 

3 hours ago, SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki said:

I started Celeste thinking I could overcome it with Assist Mode. But I only started it because it had Assist Mode that I could fall back to. I ended up overestimating my ability and felt that the game didn’t deserve my time or practice. So I just blazed through it. 

Forget all the other arguments in this thread. I am appalled by this Celeste slander!! How dare you!! ?

As for Hades, I am super stoked for this game to be on other systems now. It has quickly risen to one of my favorites ever and I can't wait to see more people get a chance to play it. I've played almost 200 runs on the Switch and can't wait to plat it here.

18 hours ago, Miles said:

Because players want to get rewarded for not taking the easy way out? Seriously whats the point of a trophy if not to represent a challenge that you have completed? Trophies keep getting more and more "accessible" might as well give us an option to auto-pop all trophies at any point so no player feels excluded... 

The popular term is ‘participation award’, which is basically what this statement is conveying.

It’s ruining many aspects of life. 1 - 5 minute platinums is just another part of the instant gratification. Everybody wants their dopamine hits, but doesn’t want but to put in the work for them.

I feel that I will lose a few brain cells if I ever decide to stack a bunch of that shit. Rewarding the impatient player, rather than the player who puts quality work on their account. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

This sums up the whole situation perfectly, I don't understand why people are finding this so hard to grasp.

I grew up in the era of games where you couldn't save many games, (NES, SNES, Megadrive) so you had to learn to get good enough to finish the game in 1 sitting in many instances otherwise you were never gonna get to see the credits roll. Some games on those consoles had serious difficulty spikes in the later levels (I'm looking at you Mickey Mania) & as a kid, the only way I could get back to the point I died after a game over to practise was to play the game again through to that point.

These days, modern gamers don't really realise how easy they already have it with instant saves, quick saves & how the majority of games seems to auto save every 5 minutes. That's fine though because that's what you grew up with so you didn't know to expect anything different.

I personally grew up with the older games & I prefer that style so all I do is turn the difficulty up. Most games I play, if there is a difficulty option, I at the very least start on hard as I don't enjoy at all being able to just waltz through a game with ease. On the flip of that, my other half isn't much of a gamer but she enjoys playing them for the story so she plays on easy/normal just to experience it.

I like earning trophies in games but the trophy & achievement systems definitely changed things for the worse. Once upon a time, games were judged on their graphics, art style, replayabiilty, soundtrack & gameplay & a complete bug free game was what we got on release day. We had 3 options to get games, buy them from a local shop if you had one that sold games (Internet ordering wasn't a thing when I was little as there was no Internet), borrow from a friend or if you were lucky enough to have a place close by that did it, rent them. These days people won't even try a game they could potentially love if they don't like the look of the trophy list, where did gaming go wrong to get to that point?

As as little kid, I used to save up pocket money, Birthday money, Christmas money etc to fund my gaming habit. My parents were also wonderful & if there was a big release I wanted around Birthday or Christmas, I got it as a present meaning I could use any money I got towards any other games I liked the look of & as the internet didn't exist back then, we didn't have trailers or gameplay as such so I bought many a game on a whim based on it's box art & description on the back of the case (I even do that occasionally these days, most recently with Vambrace: Cold Soul because it's art style caught my eye immediately) & I think that era is something many gamers have missed out on that they could have enjoyed.

My point is, people need to stop fixating on trophy rarity. Gaming offers many things & experiences, trophies are only one of them. You only get out of a game what you put into it. I for one am pleased that more & more companies are offering accessibility options, why shouldn't my favourite hobby also be more accessible to less able players? Of course you'll get people using them to get trophies easier but that will still be a minority that you'll only hear about in places like this forum.

The important thing now is the fact many more people get to experience games because players with disabilities or difficulties are finally being considered by developers when games are being made, it's just a pity it's taken the best part of 30+ years to reach this point.

People on here forget that outside of this website there's MILLIONS of casual gamers old and new who aren't very good at videogames and thus they need that assistance or boost. Would it be fair to have a game that has hard or nightmare mode and not easy or beginner for them. No. It's 2021 not 1991. Videogames have evolved so much during the last 30 years. During the wii era everyone and their aunt had one in their house. There's no demographic anymore for people who play videogames because it's so widely popular now. Yes, maybe they could've made harder trophies for Hades. I completely agree with that but the people in this thread saying God Mode shouldn't exist have no decency or respect for casual gamers who want to play Hades for the gameplay and story and could care less about the trophies.

• Like 3

On 8/11/2021 at 5:12 AM, Arcesius said:

I don't think anyone is arguing against accessibility options in games. Obviously games should be widely accessible for all kinds of players to be able to experience the content of the game. (One could now argue whether an invincibility mode really is an accessibilty option.. I don't think so, but that is a discussion that has already been had). 

What some of us are worried about is the current trend to include god-modes / invincibility modes that don't disable trophies, and the overall trivialization of trophy lists in big releases, but also more and more in indie games. I can count with one single finger the number of PS releases in 2021 that have a truly challenging trophy list and no exploits. 

Now, I will still play Hades. I have been waiting a long time for this game to finally come to PS (haven't played it on any other platform though), but I'm still somewhat disappointed by the lack of incentive to overcome a good challenge in the trophy list, and also to learn that this is yet another game that can be trivialized by a god mode. 

My guy, your better off playing this on the switch (which has no trophies and achievements) and making your own challenges ? srsly dude. You need to calm down. You're blaming a game (you've never played before) on the trophy list. I've played the game on God Mode, it was still very challenging for me but I don't regret it because I was so involved in the gameplay and story. There.

• Like 4

I think its a good thing to have "easy modes" for people to enjoy gameplay or story on amazing games like Hades . But i think the problem with the Trophies are not the rarity or the "others get it easier so its unfair" situation . I think there is a huge designe mistake.

Let me explain what i mean on specific Trophy:

5Sa3b1b5.png

Champion of Elysium
Clear Elysium with the 'Extreme Measures' Condition

Extreme Measures are pretty much "hard modes " for bosses . So you can increas the difficulty of runs by activating this hard mode (trophy wise first 3 Bosses get harder) .

Now if you can also activate "god mode" to make it easier again .. and you get the Trophy for it which pretty much says you beat the "hard mode" , than i think it should not pop this trophy while using "god mode" .

Not because i want the Trophies should be hard and rare , but because i think the idea of hard mode and Trophy for it doesnt work if you can go easy mode for the hard mode .

But like i said , i think its good idea to have more difficulties on games . I played Hades on PC and Switch and i will play it on PS5 again , ireally can recomment it for everyone . So it is nice to see people give it a chance because added easy mode. But in the end i disagree with Trophies to be earned on god mode (or atleast some of them) .

1 hour ago, Alos88 said:

I'm just shocked people already have the plat. God Mode or not this isn't going to be a quick game to 100%.

It's not quick, I started back on July 28th and played quite a lot to get the plat. I found getting quests to trigger and relationships to progress to be the most time consuming in the end.

The game itself is difficult at first but once you get the hang of it & get to know some powerful builds it's not too bad :-)