Hades PS5 Trophy Thoughts

MoreThanAble

As someone who has played the game on Switch for like a year now I must say, the game has a steep learning curve and even without a godmode the game gets easier and easier with each run ( the way a good roguelike SHOULD always work imo ). You get to know the abilities and finding out your personal best combinations makes you really badass later on believe me. Hades deserved every single award because it's probably one of the best in this genre. So I would rate the platinum around the 6/10 without godmode. According to PowerPyx it's a 4/10 with godmode. https://www.powerpyx.com/hades-trophy-guide-roadmap/

I can highly recommend everyone to at least try to make your way through this game without godmode. It really is on of it's kind and you might destroy yourself an extemely intense adventure. Since you can always toggle between normal and god mode according to the guide there is nothing to worry about.

Enjoy this gem and have a good time guys. Will buy the game for sure later this year and go for the platinum as well. It's a real blessing they decided to release this one on ps4/5 as well. 

Edited by DavySuicide
  • Like 1

Back in the college in our dorm we would play PES, Fifa and bunch of other games on playstation. Everybody was drinking, listening to music, generally having fun. But there would always be that one dude too into it. Getting angry, throwing tantrums and being an asshole. You're that guy, my ladies. You're bunch of elitist try-hards I would never want to spend 5 minutes in the same room with.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ZankaiPowaa said:

It's not quick, I started back on July 28th and played quite a lot to get the plat. I found getting quests to trigger and relationships to progress to be the most time consuming in the end.

The game itself is difficult at first but once you get the hang of it & get to know some powerful builds it's not too bad :-)

Not sure if it's worth anything to any1, but I did a bit of experimenting on the Switch, and found out the game starts with about 20 different dialogs.

Only 1 dialog can be triggered at a time and as you know they enter a queue system.

Some dialogs take priority over others or its random which dialog appears next.

Almost every new event/action/discovery adds more dialog options to the queue.

But I found a lot of quests can trigger earlier than most the tip sites and wikis state etc and that they are not entirely accurate with the requirements for the dialogs to appear.

Now this is goes against natural play progression, but to make everything trigger quicker:

- You would first want to just keep dying until dialog stops appearing as then you know you have cleared the queue (about 20 deaths).

-. Then after each run, keep dying quickly until dialog stops appearing before you go for a proper run again.

The above is very unnatural and nobody would really want to do that, but it would be the only way to make sure all quests/events and stuff trigger asap so you are not left at the end game grinding through a backlog of a 100 or so different dialogs queued up trying to get quests/events to trigger!!

14 hours ago, TheSleepyBeauty said:

^THIS!  Why should I be criticized because I want to play a game for the story and not be frustrated. I played this on the switch in God Mode and still felt challenging in the way that made it still feel accomplished in the end. Imagine getting angry because a game has an easier mode for newcomers and casuals. I'm so happy the majority of gamers in this world still play games for the story and gameplay and NOT just for the trophies. God bless them. 

No one is asking you to use god mode tho thats the thing ?

you are missing the point here. god mode is fine. but allowing god mode and being able to earn trophies that is where most people have the issue.. this is different from a color blind impairment or a hearing one, etc. this is a literal advantage that allows you to breeze through the game.

• Like 3

On 8/11/2021 at 3:25 AM, WildeNick said:

Played it on Steam on release. It took me 70+ hours to get 100% achievements. As for difficulty, it was about 7/10 only in the beginning, first 15-20 runs or so, but after getting more perks from the mirror, upgrading weapons, game gets easier, maybe 5-6/10, even without god mode, but in my opinion game has an excellent balance of challenge.   

Overall, I would say that this trophy list is good. Keepsakes trophy is a bit grindy, but not too bad.

Besides the trophies the game is just fun. Game loop is very addictive, visual design is amazing, characters and voice acting are top notch. Seriously, when Eurydice was singing, I would stop and listen for couple of minutes. Voice of an angel. 

Imo there's way more grind than just the keepsakes. If you rotate them in every time you finish maxing, it's not that bad. I'm more hung up on how much nectar we need and how many bonds we need to make. I'm lucky if I get 2 nectar in a run. This feels like it's going to take a lifetime to get the hundreds of next I need to get all these characters up to 6 hearts.

5 hours ago, illuminati1556 said:

Imo there's way more grind than just the keepsakes. If you rotate them in every time you finish maxing, it's not that bad. I'm more hung up on how much nectar we need and how many bonds we need to make. I'm lucky if I get 2 nectar in a run. This feels like it's going to take a lifetime to get the hundreds of next I need to get all these characters up to 6 hearts.

The real grind is hoping to get the correct conversation with the character you need to unlock the last hearts in there meter. That's the horrible part imo

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

The real grind is hoping to get the correct conversation with the character you need to unlock the last hearts in there meter. That's the horrible part imo

My small gripe with the grind that Deluziion90 mentioned is it seems I'm having to wear a Keepsake that is already max level in order to grab that last heart. Or perhaps it's an Artemis only thing? I'm wearing the Keepsake that's already Level 3 and going from room to room and kinda wishing I was able to wear a different Keepsake so I can continue to level them up for the "level 'em all up to max" trophy, two birds one stone. Would be cool if I could do the "last heart grind" without the Keepsake.

Oddly, most of my Nectars lately seem to be coming from fishing and turning the fish in to the Lounge Master Chef.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 1:14 PM, illuminati1556 said:

Nectar is easy to get in mass once you have no more use for gems (beyond cosmetics) or keys.  You can just turn gems into keys and keys into nectar which is how I got tons of it to advance reputation with all the NPCs.  Ambrosia is easy to get from doing fates if you need more of that for the 2nd tier of hearts later on.

41 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Divided by Death
Fulfill the 'Divided by Death' Prophecy

This trophy is such a cock. I've done so many runs and achilles keeps talking about other bullshit instead of progressing the story.. The last thing I need for the platinum.

If anyone has a tip how to speed this up I would be grateful 

This was my last trophy.. it requires more attention than anything else or the platinum time will extend a good deal longer than it should.  Achilles and Patroclus will often share dialogue that isn't related to the quest depending on weapons you are using, events that have occurred related to other quests, or cosmetic items you bought near Achilles in the House of Hades.  Many times the quest stalls out while you are waiting to find Patroclus.. or sometimes you have to talk to Achilles multiple times in a row before Patroclus is needed again to advance the quest.  It doesn't help that Patroclus's room never spawned when I was waiting on him to advance it and searching through Elysium means I would have already committed to a full run pretty much.  There is also one link in the quest chain that requires Nyx to tell you where a document is so depending on where she is at with some other quests it can also hold you up.  The exact sequence of events needs to be written down somewhere to make it more efficient since knowing that would at least help determine if you can just kill yourself in a new run within Tartarus to reset the House of Hades or if you do need a full run through at least Elysium to find Patroclus again.

I had all keepsakes maxed and all reputation maxed with everyone other than those two before I finally got the last companion I needed for the platinum due to the inefficiencies I had just by playing it blind.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Elegy said:

Nectar is easy to get in mass once you have no more use for gems (beyond cosmetics) or keys.  You can just turn gems into keys and keys into nectar which is how I got tons of it to advance reputation with all the NPCs.  Ambrosia is easy to get from doing fates if you need more of that for the 2nd tier of hearts later on.

This was my last trophy.. it requires more attention than anything else or the platinum time will extend a good deal longer than it should.  Achilles and Patroclus will often share dialogue that isn't related to the quest depending on weapons you are using, events that have occurred related to other quests, or cosmetic items you bought near Achilles in the House of Hades.  Many times the quest stalls out while you are waiting to find Patroclus.. or sometimes you have to talk to Achilles multiple times in a row before Patroclus is needed again to advance the quest.  It doesn't help that Patroclus's room never spawned when I was waiting on him to advance it and searching through Elysium means I would have already committed to a full run pretty much.  There is also one link in the quest chain that requires Nyx to tell you where a document is so depending on where she is at with some other quests it can also hold you up.  The exact sequence of events needs to be written down somewhere to make it more efficient since knowing that would at least help determine if you can just kill yourself in a new run within Tartarus to reset the House of Hades or if you do need a full run through at least Elysium to find Patroclus again.

I had all keepsakes maxed and all reputation maxed with everyone other than those two before I finally got the last companion I needed for the platinum due to the inefficiencies I had just by playing it blind.

Currently I found a youtube full story telling about the two and I'm following it to know when Patroclus or achilles has the next convo to continue the questline and just rushing Elysium when needed and just let myself get killed over and over to get achilles his next convo. Can't seem to find a faster way. I've also stopped buying cosmetics as you mentioned my last conversation was him talking about a mirror. Talk about wasting my time at this point :")

On 20/08/2021 at 0:17 AM, Deluziion90 said:

It may pay to just keep dying straight away until all dialogue is exhausted, that way future dialog has less of a dialog pool to get chosen from 

Once you exhaust all the current dialog, no more appears until obviously you trigger a new one. Problem is most actions in the game trigger new dialog.

I was testing it when I was playing on Switch as I was considering a Platinum Speedrun, but just don't have the time, you can't remove the grind in this ;(

What I did was as soon as I started the game, I died repeatedly like straight away and was observing all the dialog, the worse contenders took like 20 deaths before their chat went dry.

So before you even start, you have a backlog of like 20 dialog pieces. 

It's also hard to tell EXACTLY what triggers a event or dialog as how you can be sure when you triggered it if it was backed up, you can't, it's like just grabbing it from the air 'oh that triggers it I think' just because it sorta lines up. 

I think most info out there on triggers is slightly wrong. I mean to be accurate, after each run, you would have to die straight away repeatedly until ALL dialog is exhausted so that when you run again, you can have a better grasp of the trigger as the dialog should appear straight away assuming you only perform 1 new key action because no backlog as u cleared it all!!

Of course it's unnatural to just keep dying straight away on purpose, plus it's annoying and grindy so who wants to do that!!

I really hope this weird 'queued' dialog systems don't take off! Death Stranding has something similar as well but not as bad.

I get the dialog system lends itself to the nature of the game, but still, was it necessary 

Wow, sorry bout the long post XD, but yea, u can just keep dying quickly to exhaust dialog and get to whatever ur looking for, but yea, still stupid

Edited by Optinooby

2 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

It may pay to just keep dying straight away until all dialogue is exhausted, that way future dialog has less of a dialog pool to get chosen from 

Once you exhaust all the current dialog, no more appears until obviously you trigger a new one. Problem is most actions in the game trigger new dialog.

I was testing it when I was playing on Switch as I was considering a Platinum Speedrun, but just don't have the time, you can't remove the grind in this ;(

What I did was as soon as I started the game, I died repeatedly like straight away and was observing all the dialog, the worse contenders took like 20 deaths before their chat went dry.

So before you even start, you have a backlog of like 20 dialog pieces. 

It's also hard to tell EXACTLY what triggers a event or dialog as how you can be sure when you triggered it if it was backed up, you can't, it's like just grabbing it from the air 'oh that triggers it I think' just because it sorta lines up. 

I think most info out there on triggers is slightly wrong. I mean to be accurate, after each run, you would have to die straight repeatedly until ALL dialog is exhausted so that when you run again, you can have a better grasp of the trigger as the dialog should appear straight because no backlog as u cleared it all!!

Of course it's unnatural to just keep dying straight away on purpose, plus it's annoying and grindy so who wants to do that!!

I really hope this weird 'queued' dialog systems don't take off! Death Stranding has something similar as well but not as bad.

I get the dialog system lends itself to the nature of the game, but still, was it necessary 

Wow, sorry bout the long post XD, but yea, u can just keep dying quickly to exhaust dialog and get to whatever ur looking for, but yea, still stupid

Thanks for the detailed description! Though.. I just got the trophy lol!

I just need to find them together now for the last time and get my last Chthonic Companion and the platinum is mine. So fingers crossed I should get the platinum in this hour :D

• Like 2

On 8/12/2021 at 11:03 AM, NarcissusBaz said:

Back in the college in our dorm we would play PES, Fifa and bunch of other games on playstation. Everybody was drinking, listening to music, generally having fun. But there would always be that one dude too into it. Getting angry, throwing tantrums and being an asshole. You're that guy, my ladies. You're bunch of elitist try-hards I would never want to spend 5 minutes in the same room with.

oh my!

10 hours ago, Neme-ita said:

Any tips for Thanks, But No Thanks i think is the "hard" trophies in the game 

At some point, Poseidon`s legendary boon Huge Catch will be the first reward at the beginning of your escape, it is scripted. I am not sure if you have to fish a lot, but I did. It will also be the only one to choose from and you will have the whole run to purge it. That's how I got it. 

You can also check this link to see the requirements for every legendary boon. 

Edited by WildeNick
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, WildeNick said:

At some point, Poseidon`s legendary boon Huge Catch will be the first reward at the beginning of your escape, it is scripted. I am not sure if you have to fish a lot, but I did. It will also be the only one to choose from and you will have the whole run to purge it. That's how I got it. 

Thx i fish when i have the chance 

17 hours ago, WildeNick said:

that wouldve been a smart idea but I saw that and was like yess lets get that fishing trophy lol