A new South Park game is coming but will it follow on from the other games or be something new?

Just being a "video game" is pretty vague. It could just end up just being a mobile game. 

Whatever it is, I hope they make it with the real South Park assets again. I'm not going to speculate much farther though. There's nothing done for the game at all yet. So it probably won't even be announced for another 3+ years, and even longer before release. It's just too early to say what it could possibly be. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to a third game.

Stick of truth probably had the better story but the second one I think that the combat system is better, perhaps if you first game allowed you to have 3 people in your party instead of 2.

No idea what combat system they might do for the 3rd, I hope it isn't live action RPG battle like Diablo, Final Fantasy 15 and almost every game these days.I suspect they might go with Tower Defence like a MOBA. I hope not though.

• Like 1

I'd like another RPG. I'm stuck between two different point, though. On the one hand, franchise games sell better with MOBA or gotcha mechanics, or as straight mobile (some times good, sometimes trash). On the other hand, Matt & Trey seem to be pretty mindful of what the fans want, so I figure more of the same is high on the list.

• Like 1

Awesome - first two games were excellent - personally, hope they stick with the grid style combat of the second one - much preferred that to the original...

... but regardless, as long as the South Park humour is still done well, I'll take whatever package they want to put that in!

• Like 1

Matt & Trey snagged some $900M deal and I remember reading the new game is planned to be "3D".

Much rather prefer something in the same RPG style as SoT and FBW, but it should be interested no matter what they make.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

I want something similar to the two RPGs so far. There hasn't been enough South Park RPGs yet for them to feel stale.

Some ideas

-We had Facebook in the first game, Instagram in the second. Twitter could probably fill this role in the third game.

-Ninja Theme. It feels natural to go to ninjas/martial arts after fantasy then superheroes. Would be great for the main boys and Clyde's gang to have their outfits and weapons from "Good Times With Weapons". Then, make unique outfits for the tons of kids that didn't have ninja outfits in that episode. 

-QOL/new twist to the grid combat from FBW.

-Ability to be a girl/girl items at the very start of the game.

-I would like less fart and poop jokes/gameplay. I think it's somewhat overdone in the games.

-This one is very superficial, as its only for trophy/achievement hunters. But I would like no missable or difficulty-related trophies. There were tons of missable trophies in Stick of Truth, and there is one missable trophy in Fractured But Whole dealing with race and playing on mastermind. For the third game, make no trophies missable at all. 

-Less commands to deal with button mashing or turning sticks in a certain way. Maybe even have an option to change the controls for those or remove those kind of controls entirely. 

Never in my life have I laughed so hard from a video game but the Stick of Truth had me DYYYYING dude! Fucking hilarious! Fractured was nowhere near as funny (to me it wasn't) and overall I didn't enjoy it as much as I did with Stick of Truth but it was still a decent game. I look forward to a third South Park game.

• Like 1

Both were fantastic games, but prefere SoT a little bit more. Especially the battlesystem. 

the ninja setting would fit, or some yu gi oh like with this card Game - cock Magic - getnack destroyer of worlds or something very new never seen in the Series would also be nice. Please no mobile game, thats all i want. 

Edited by VER7UZ-

9 hours ago, VER7UZ- said:

Please no mobile game, thats all i want. 

Ha! Riiiiight?! They already went and fucked up a Diablo game by making it mobile only (whyyyyy would you do that?!?!) so I echo your comment 100% dude!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm on the second day of Fractured But Whole and so far I'm struggling to like the game. 

Now in terms of gameplay I'm putting that down to the fact that I'm not far in and have little power in my attacks and on master difficulty, so thats on me. But what I don't like is the new fight system. In the first game it was about taking turns, utilizing weapon and costume perks and having a strategy. Now I'm only on the second day, my current might is 175 or something close to that, and after getting the extra skill from Jimmy I went to help Kyle fight his cousin again. First part is easy but then Kyles mum enters and all strategy goes out of the window. All of a sudden she can have like 6 turns in a row and wipe out my team, and then on restart its right at the start of the fight against just the cousin. I did it three times and failed and just needed a break because this sucks. 

Then in terms of humour the only thing that has made me laugh so far is one of the loading screen messages. I'm a massive South Park fan but I just don't know who they aimed this game at. South Park the TV show was funny because it was crude but cleaver, this feels more like a fart joke they want to be able to tell it to kids to. 

The one thing I have liked so far over the original, is that nothing is locked in terms of exploration. In the first game if you didn't do something there and then it was locked out and gone and you could screw up a trophy run. But what the first game did allow was you to play it your way. This game seems to be that you have to do it one certain way or you cannot progress. 

I get they want to tell a story, but much like how the TV show suffered when it went to doing an entire series on one specific story, I think the singular episodes based off one specific thing are far funnier and I think the games miss out on this. I get that it can't be easy to write for the TV show studios as well as make time to write for a game, but man this is weak.  

I hope it's something more fresh. Both great games bit Stick of Truth blew me away at the time for how genuinely funny and true to South Park it was whilst also being a good video game too. Fractured but Whole felt like a bit of a re-read with less exploration and watered down humour, although it was still a decent game. 

Edited by PhantomFear94

On 5/24/2023 at 3:41 PM, PhantomFear94 said:

I hope it's something more fresh. Both great games bit Stick of Truth blew me away at the time for how genuinely funny and true to South Park it was whilst also being a good video game too. Fractured but Whole felt like a bit of a re-read with less exploration and watered down humour, although it was still a decent game. 

I've finally finished the main story and got the Token trophy.

My opinion really hasn't changed since the early hours of the game, if anything it got worse. I agree that the humour is very subpar for South Park, as I said it can't easy writing an entire game worth of funny humour when compared to a 20 miinute TV, but I felt they did superby with Stick of Truth but its just bad for this game. I got no more laughs after the Mackey scene and some of the jokes just wouldn't end and went well into overkill. 

The battle system is great in terms of the powers you can get, and I love the artifacts and how they upgrade you and your team, but man every fight went on for so frikkin long that I hated it. 

All I have left to do is crap in the remaining toilets, find a few more of those anime pics and then defeat Morgan Freeman. 

I still prefer the much quicker paced fighting of Stick of Truth and but I did like that you can wear anything and allow the artifacts to give you upgrades instead of wearing the same OP suit the entire game. I thought it was crap at first but when thinking on it, this new upgrade system is so much better and freedom of create character opportunities., as was the combat moves.

It's not a bad game in the sense that it plays like crap, the gameplay is fine. But man this was some of the worst work they have written. 

I bought the gold edition but I don't even think I'm going to bother with them after I unlock the final trophies. Maybe, I just don't know unless the DLC stories are funny.